Jesse Holley calls out Dak and "the standard"

Rowdy1

Reaction score
News flash Jessie, Cooper Rush could have got this team to the playoffs and maybe had better success
Dak take a huge paycut or seek a trade.
Draft a QB, have open competition for #1 and #2
I agree with this wholeheartedly. No one is a starter starting today and money means nothing when it comes to who starts. Best man up is the way to go. Draft a QB high and lets see what we get. Eventually we have to draft Daks replacement he is not getting any younger. Rush is not starter material imho maybe Lance is...

CowboysLegends2

Reaction score
Holly is one of my favorites to listen to for his opinions. I also like Fish for his reporting. Both seem to feel eating $60 mill next season is impossible. I was arguing during his extension that he should test the market then. But here we are, we paid him and now we have to deal with it. 2024 looks bad eating $60 MIL. 2025, 2026, 2027…, look so much better all of a sudden though. Will they find the next franchise QB? Hell, I have no idea. But at least they would be trying. How does 2025 and going forward look having this same discussion every year as more and more fans wake up and stop caring about this team and their standard.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Anyone CAN win a playoff game. Heck Mark Sanchez went to 2 AFC title games.
The issue is this particular QB. And while I'm at it let's put away this assumption the team tanks without Dak and only he can take them to playoffs.
The TEAM is 5-1 in the last 6 games he has missed. With a scrub backup.

This fear of life without Dak is ridiculous. Teams move on all the time and survive. We have examples of that of most of the playoff teams this year.
Browns- moved on from #1 Mayfield
Chiefs - replaced Alex Smith
GB - let Rodgers go
SF - ditched Garappolo after Super Bowl
Lions - Stafford
Eagles - Wentz

Different circumstances for each but the point is they all survived and recovered quickly and nicely.

Tying up a massive amount of cap for the same old underachievement out of fear of something that might ( but probably won't) happen is stupid. But that's what Jerrah will do and most fans will lap it up
I agree the let’s not get rid of Dak because we might be bad crew are cowards tbh. I’m not saying they can’t be right but we don’t know for sure but we know for sure what Dak is at this point. I feel those people take that same bad logic into their own lives and it probably shows ole I’ll just stay here in xyz bad situation because it could be worse lol. Need to visit the wizard and ask for some courage.

BBGTYCOON

Reaction score
Anyone CAN win a playoff game. Heck Mark Sanchez went to 2 AFC title games.
The issue is this particular QB. And while I'm at it let's put away this assumption the team tanks without Dak and only he can take them to playoffs.
The TEAM is 5-1 in the last 6 games he has missed. With a scrub backup.

This fear of life without Dak is ridiculous. Teams move on all the time and survive. We have examples of that of most of the playoff teams this year.
Browns- moved on from #1 Mayfield
Chiefs - replaced Alex Smith
GB - let Rodgers go
SF - ditched Garappolo after Super Bowl
Lions - Stafford
Eagles - Wentz

Different circumstances for each but the point is they all survived and recovered quickly and nicely.

Tying up a massive amount of cap for the same old underachievement out of fear of something that might ( but probably won't) happen is stupid. But that's what Jerrah will do and most fans will lap it up
BINGO!!

HMJYay

Reaction score
News flash Jessie, Cooper Rush could have got this team to the playoffs and maybe had better success
Dak take a huge paycut or seek a trade.
Draft a QB, have open competition for #1 and #2
I'd bet a large amount of money that Cooper Rush would have played better against the Packers. I don't think Cooper Rush overall is a better player, but I think he can get as much out of this team as Dak can.

HMJYay

Reaction score
Here is where Jesse is wrong. He mentions the Panthers, Bears, Jets. None of those teams make the playoffs with Dak as QB either.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Here is where Jesse is wrong. He mentions the Panthers, Bears, Jets. None of those teams make the playoffs with Dak as QB either.
Not only that, but he made the "entitled to the SB" fallacy too. I just want to see them make it to a CTG to break the streak. At least some self respect for the franchise could be had at that point because you can rightfully claim to be a legit contender that is 1 game away.

The bar is that low now. There's no entitlement in that.

JustChip

Reaction score
I get his premise that without Dak then we don’t get to the playoffs. I would add that the Bucs didn’t know Baker Mayfield would win a playoff game until they gambled on him. Jesse’s premise of keeping Dak because he gets us to the playoffs I feel is flawed because Dak is a known product in the playoffs. Dak is a known product against playoff teams. If our goal is to get to the playoffs then keep Dak. If our goal is to win in the playoffs then rebuild, because Dak is not a playoff winning QB.

Same discussion with Kirk Cousins in Minnesota. Kirk gets them to the playoffs and loses every year. If they resign him to a 55-60 million APY contract then they committed themselves to a player that is poor in the playoffs.

Just depends on what Dallas wants from the season.
Tampa isn’t exactly a good comparison. They didn’t kick a QB with a major financial commitment to the curb in favor of Baker Mayfield. They didn’t have a QB and had to get one. Baker was available. Had Dak been available, he would’ve been considered and, if signed, probably gets Tampa to the same place.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He's friends with Michael Irvin and Nate Newton, who know what "the standard' looks like.The 21st century "standard" is what we've seen from Dak and company.

Jesse Holley? :laugh: :bow::bow::bow::bow:

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
What’s funny is how can Dak constantly reference “the standard” when he’s never been there. You have to get there and accomplish the task before you start making claims to a “standard.”

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'd bet a large amount of money that Cooper Rush would have played better against the Packers. I don't think Cooper Rush overall is a better player, but I think he can get as much out of this team as Dak can.
Well, he definitely has better accuracy on the short and intermediate passes but lacks a little bit of arm strength.

would never be a starter per se but can drive the bus

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah, he has the accuracy to defeat a tight zone. He will go to his first read where dak will not . He struggles with the deep middle.

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
The problem isnt Dak. He is a symptom of the problem. As are all of the players, and coaching staff.

The main problem is above the field. Not on it.
It's never one thing, but Dak is a big part of the problem.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Who is this Bozo?
Keep making Dak rich or else we don't make the playoffs where he chokes and we go one and done.
This cat insults humanity!
Is somebody choking the oxygen out of your brain?

HMJYay

Reaction score
Yeah, he has the accuracy to defeat a tight zone. He will go to his first read where dak will not . He struggles with the deep middle.
Cooper reads a defense better, goes through progessions better. But, he doesn't have the arm strength Dak does. Dak also doesn't have a great arm strenght, but Cooper has below average arm stregth. It's his biggest downside. Funny enough Cooper does have a faster release and quicker feet then Dak, but is not as strong as Dak. Overall Dak is a more talented player physcially, but Cooper is more talented spatially and with reading defenses and anticipation.