Jesse Holley calls out Dak and "the standard"

camelboy

mgcowboy
Reaction score
I stopped watching as soon as he supported extending our crappy quarterback
Same here ... He contradicts himself bringing in the Love example. No one thought he could do it but he did. Well, you don't think we would do it without Dak, but we could. You've been trying for 8 years, are you going to keep trying for ever while wasting the cap money on some one Jerry himself told him in the eye that he overpaid him?

:cool:

FVSTONE

Reaction score
He's friends with Michael Irvin and Nate Newton, who know what "the standard' looks like.The 21st century "standard" is what we've seen from Dak and company.

REBUILD needs to start NOW! IF, you enjoy the yearly one and done seasons then keep Prescot, but if you want more for this team then it's time to move on from Prescot and take our chances with another QB. Yes, we may not go to the playoffs the first couple of years, but at this point I for one will take that chance that maybe, just maybe the Boys end up with that team leader who won't go MIA on a yearly basis like Prescot does and for the money he makes for the little he does against the teams that punch first in the league, he has to go!

yentl911

Reaction score
The organization has really backed themselves into a corner on the QB position. We could walk away from the coach but we are pretty much stuck with the QB unless we want to take a $59mm salary cap hit this year or 30/30 if he is a post June 1st cut from what I read. Is Trey Lance the real deal? I have no idea but the team watched him all year in practice. Cooper Rush is solid but he is far from spectacular.

I know everyone is pissed but we might not have a lot of choice here moving forward.

Hopefully we can continue to fill holes on the team and get better.

John813

Reaction score
The organization has really backed themselves into a corner on the QB position. We could walk away from the coach but we are pretty much stuck with the QB unless we want to take a $59mm salary cap hit this year or 30/30 if he is a post June 1st cut from what I read. Is Trey Lance the real deal? I have no idea but the team watched him all year in practice. Cooper Rush is solid but he is far from spectacular.

I know everyone is pissed but we might not have a lot of choice here moving forward.

The team can get below the cap with extensions to Martin, CDL and figuring out if they want to keep Cooks or let him go. That 59.4mil cap hit can stay as is. Not like they do anything in FA for the capspace.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Tell him it's an open QB competition next year and draft a qb in the 1st this year. If he's got any stones he will welcome the competition believing he will win. Or, he'll cry and demand a trade. Win win.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
The real sad part is Holley could have made this video after every season since Aikman and the rest of the 90's dynasty left and it would be just as accurate as it is today.

The Cowboys have not had a championship culture in over 20 years. Like Holley said, they have great performances. Not a great team.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He's friends with Michael Irvin and Nate Newton, who know what "the standard' looks like.The 21st century "standard" is what we've seen from Dak and company.

It’s not just Dak, it’s the entire team, and ESPECIALLY on defense that doesn’t live up to the 90’s standard.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
Haha me too. He started talking about how you can't go into Walmart and find a franchise QB. I'd take anyone in Walmart over what we currently have in a playoff game.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Not many people love listening to themselves talk more than Jesse Holley. Gab-gab-gab or more gab. :rolleyes: He mentioned Lamar Jackson but he’s currently 1-3 in the playoffs. He may take the Ravens deep this season but so far he’s come up short in the playoffs.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Exactly as I predicted in post 3. You missed the part where he drags Dak, and thus the point.

If you listen to more than 30 seconds he doesn't "support" extending Dak. He's realistic about his contract situation and how the Joneses operate. It's going to happen.

The fans who think Dak is getting cut in 2024, or play with a $59 million cap hit, are flat out kidding themselves. That is just not going to happen.

Blitzen

Reaction score
:hammer: :hammer: :clap::clap::clap::bow::bow::bow: The absolute best I've heard. He covered it all.....love his message to fans who are taking winning for granted. I said in another thread a bunch of teams/fans would kill to have our record for the last 3-4 years. He's right, every year 31 teams will fail and only one team will win it all but it starts with the playoff. Kinda like winning the lottery...... buying a ticket gives you a chance but w/o one you have zero chance.

His message to Dak and the players is the best part ..........tap down and earn the respect of fans and former players ON THE FIELD, not you 10/20K outfits and flashy cars.

If I'm Jerry, this video is played at the start of TC.
Lol-to anyone that thinks that succeeding in the playoffs is like winning the lottery. Mahomes and Brady did not make so many conference championship game appearances because of fortune. Their teams smiled at the other teams feeling fortunate to have gotten their ticket and then tore their heart out and burned the carcasses on National television.

LifetimeBoysFan

Reaction score

This take is spot on accurate. The country club approach has lead to a lot of false hope built around mediocre leadership and discipline. The penalties, the priorities, the ambition. They are all so misaligned from the top to the bottom. When Jerry gets off the radio weekly, the players meet up to hold each other accountable and the coaches start throwing clipboards for the same pre snap penalties and miscues then you can have my attention. The same pattern of “fixing” the culture is not working. Changing out assistant coaches and letting players walk that don’t move the needle is not what I mean either. Get aggressive and assertive with free agents that improve weaknesses. Value a running game. Having depth at LB so you can stop a running game. Do it BEFORE the season, not week 10 when you chase after a washed up player cut. Work on not leading the NFL in pre snap penalties, and for that matter all the others. Get Micah to work on getting home as often as he does tell you how great rivals are on his podcasts. Have some mentors on your podcast to improve your game or mentality maybe? You get compared to LT, maybe interview him if you must be online? Dak needs to work on getting past 1st read phobias and spread the ball around, or tuck and run, or avoid field position changing sacks on 3rd down. Maybe I don’t know try not to have the accuracy of a stormtrooper too when you panic? Get all the analytic analysis you want MM, but you can spare yourself the time. If you ignore these issues, and fail to address them, well you can be 100% sure we will be in the same spot next year too.

Blitzen

Reaction score
Jesse is a frustrated fan like so many, that needs to shut his mouth. He's speaking from emotion rather than rationality. Dak had an MVP season but ended the season with one bad game. It happens, even to the best of them. I can't believe Jesse has been put in a position to have an audience. Who are these people who care what he has to say?
I wish he would stop having so many bad games against better competition in the playoffs. Maybe he could trade some of his great games like he had against teams like Washington-and use it in the playoffs. Why do better teams and defenses have better success against Dak?