Adult Language Jesse Holley Patrick Crayton episode

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
Gimme a time cap for Christ sakes lol….not trying to hear Jesse Holley and Clayton for 2 hours
I didn't think I'd listen for more than two minutes, but I'm nearly an hour into it LOL.

A few highlights:

* Parcells' implementation of situational practice situations developed a certain mentality within the team
* Few worked as hard as TO. For Crayton, Key and TG taught him how to be a pro. He might be expected only to learn the Z position, but he was taught by the vets before him to "learn everything -- know the game like a QB." He got to a point where he knew the blocking schemes, what all receiver positions were doing, etc.
* He talks about Romo and Witten drawing up plays on the side. Things boiled over in the Pittsburgh loss in (09?) when Romo's pick-six lost the game. He forced it to Witten on a play that was designed to go outside. TO verbally went at Romo on the plane ride home.
* When a receiver starts throwing shade at the QB, they get shipped out of Dallas. Happened to TO, Crayton ... and you see CeeDee doing it now with Dak. "And now his mom is involved" -- or something along those lines.
* Crayton and Holley both talk about how Garrett was a liar. He sabotaged Wade and changed the playbook when Wade was fired.
* Rookie Dez was late to practice, would miss practice, would sleep in meetings, etc. Talks about the infamous "carry my pads" scene with he and Roy. They agree his talent was unreal but he never even attempted to learn routes until the very end of his career when it was too late.
* Dez was a "Jerry pick." When you're a "Jerry pick," there's nothing anyone can do to you.

My spin: Not a good listen if you're fully on the "Buy into us in 2024" train. :laugh:

Redline360

Reaction score
Only because TO was hurt. That could have been Dallas's year if TO was healthy in the playoffs.
Yup, was this also the game we had a dropped TD in the endzone too? Can't remember

We had more rushing yards, passing yards, controlled TOP, more plays, first downs, and etc

However we had 11 penalties vs 3 penalties

Cowboys should have won that game by two scores minimum. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot. Crayton calls out Romo but he left 2 TDs off the board and nearly 100 yards lol

J_Allen

Reaction score
I didn't think I'd listen for more than two minutes, but I'm nearly an hour into it LOL.

A few highlights:

* Parcells' implementation of situational practice situations developed a certain mentality within the team
* Few worked as hard as TO. For Crayton, Key and TG taught him how to be a pro. He might be expected only to learn the Z position, but he was taught by the vets before him to "learn everything -- know the game like a QB." He got to a point where he knew the blocking schemes, what all receiver positions were doing, etc.
* He talks about Romo and Witten drawing up plays on the side. Things boiled over in the Pittsburgh loss in (09?) when Romo's pick-six lost the game. He forced it to Witten on a play that was designed to go outside. TO verbally went at Romo on the plane ride home.
* Crayton and Holley both talk about how Garrett was a liar. He sabotaged Wade and changed the playbook when Wade was fired.
* Rookie Dez was late to practice, would miss practice, would sleep in meetings, etc. Talks about the infamous "carry my pads" scene with he and Roy. They agree his talent was unreal but he never even attempted to learn routes until the very end of his career when it was too late.
* Dez was a "Jerry pick." When you're a "Jerry pick," there's nothing anyone can do to you.

My spin: Not a good listen if you're fully on the "Buy into us in 2024" train. :laugh:
What a joke regarding Dez. That's what kills team chemistry. Same with Romo/Witten.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score

A few highlights:

* When a receiver starts throwing shade at the QB, they get shipped out of Dallas. Happened to TO, Crayton ... and you see CeeDee doing it now with Dak. "And now his mom is involved" -- or something along those lines.

Thanks for the synopsis

leeblair

Reaction score
I think The Curse started when Crayton botched the TD catch in the 2007 playoff game.
The "curse" started when Jason Garrett was hired as offensive coordinator/ assistant head coach.
It lasted thirteen years but was extended because he passed his lack of talent but gift of media soundbites on to the current quarterback, who is Jason Garrett 2.0.

diamonddelts

Reaction score
What a joke regarding Dez. That's what kills team chemistry. Same with Romo/Witten.
I actually agree with Dez on not carrying pads for Roy. I've always hated hazing and in my football days I didn't do that BS. No man should bend the knee for another man. I don't care what some garbage "unwritten rule" is. It's for the weak of mind.

Qcard

Reaction score
Hard to take Crayton seriously after he kneecapped the team and lost the game against the Giants in 2007. Not just one huge play but two in the same game! Clown.
I can just imagine IF Dak had the same game.... Lose so much faith in your 4th WR....next on the last play Romo throws an INT to Terry Glenn in triple coverage

I wonder who Dak Haters would blamevif it were Noah Brown and Prescott

Dak Haters are thong transparent :lmao2: :lmao2:

JohnsKey19

Reaction score

A few highlights:

@Dale One of the OGs

I will never forget that CRUSHING Pittsburgh loss. Definitely 08. Same season as the embarrassing Ravens loss in the Texas Stadium finale. But yeah, that Pittsburgh game encapsulated everything about that era of Cowboys football. Good enough to knock around a powerhouse Steelers team in their own stadium, at a time when really nobody was able to, But miscues and turnovers capped off by a Romo pick-6 at the end were too much to overcome. They had NO BUSINESS losing that game.

Good to finally hear these things discussed in some detail from players actually in the locker room, when we had all heard the rumors and innuendos for so many years.

- In that 2003 season, the Cowboys probably won 4-5 games alone by excelling in situational football. These are games they no doubt lose in prior seasons.
- Garret SMH....man what a snake. Pitiful

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
I actually agree with Dez on not carrying pads for Roy. I've always hated hazing and in my football days I didn't do that BS. No man should bend the knee for another man. I don't care what some garbage "unwritten rule" is. It's for the weak of mind.
No alpha male will ever be bullied into carrying another man's stuff. I respect Dez for that, but his other bad habits I don't respect at all. He wasted his career because of those bad habits.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
@Dale One of the OGs

I will never forget that CRUSHING Pittsburgh loss. Definitely 08. Same season as the embarrassing Ravens loss in the Texas Stadium finale. But yeah, that Pittsburgh game encapsulated everything about that era of Cowboys football. Good enough to knock around a powerhouse Steelers team in their own stadium, at a time when really nobody was able to, But miscues and turnovers capped off by a Romo pick-6 at the end were too much to overcome. They had NO BUSINESS losing that game.

Good to finally hear these things discussed in some detail from players actually in the locker room, when we had all heard the rumors and innuendos for so many years.

- In that 2003 season, the Cowboys probably won 4-5 games alone by excelling in situational football. These are games they no doubt lose in prior seasons.
- Garret SMH....man what a snake. Pitiful
The Denver game perfectly summarizes Romo's entire existence as a football player - great when it isn't settled - choker at the moment of truth.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
The Denver game perfectly summarizes Romo's entire existence as a football player - great when it isn't settled - choker at the moment of truth.
Except he had 24 game winning comeback drives in the 4th quarter and one of the highest QB ratings in such situations ever. Why do people continue to persist in this myth?

When you have Jason “I’m All About Meritocracy But I Actually Got My Job Through Nepotism” Garrett as your OC and HC for 90% of your career and JJ the owner defining culture and JJ the GM structuring your teams, that’s a handicap that few, if any, can overcome.

Redline360

Reaction score
The people who think Romo was a choker simply buy into the trash media talking heads for clicks or look at stats at face value. It's almost the opposite. During his tenor he was the highest rated or near the highest rated quarterbacm depending on year on 4th quarter and overtime qbr. Better then Brady, Rodgers, rivers most years.

Did he have his *** moments in the playoffs...sure but if you look deeper past the stats he wasn't that bad in the playoffs at all. Well except the Vikings game when the entire team got demolished. Should have beat the Packers with that bs call. Nothing else he could do agaisnt the Giants as he can't catch the ball too. We should have beat them by 2 scores. He did enough to win those games

The Romo a choker thing is laughable. Most of them just try to throw out his post season record to compare to Dak for whatever loser reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.