Jesse Holley: "Source tells me it's going to take 4 years more years for this team to shine."

CWR

Reaction score
Say yes or no to what?

You want me to say Dak is better than Dalton again? Like how many times do I need to say it? I said it before Dalton played and i'm still saying it.

What you can't comprehend is me saying they can get similar results if everything is optimal for them. When I say similar results I mean in terms wins and losses.

If you protect Dalton he will be fine. If you don't protect then Dak is a little better because of his athleticism although sometimes he never feels the pressure coming.

Neither guy elevates the team..

If you would like though I'll dumb it down 1 more time.. YES Dak is better than Dalton.

Our disagreement is in quantifying how much better Dak is.

He isn't a little better, or similar even under "optimal" conditions. He is much better in all conditions. Which probably doesn't matter anyways because "optimal" won't be in our near future.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
So you think Dak fits the same mold as these other guys we've re-signed?

Me resigning Dak has nothing to do with that.

I know Dak has a High Floor has a player. His ceiling just isn't very high.

I just think paying Dak locks us into mediocrity. We can't win with him when he is cheap how will we do it when he is making all the money? He's not an elite player.. He plays for a team that needs a lot.. But he also wants money like he is a Superbowl champion. It's a joke.

Dallas Cowboys > Dak Prescott.. Thats where I am.

I think in the long run getting rid of Dak is better as long as he is properly replaced with a talent.

We need premium picks and i'll take back to back seasons of being this bad over 8-8.

If i'm Dallas im doing whatever it takes to get Trevor Lawrence.

Then i'm using the rest of my draft picks on defense unless a quality offensive lineman is available at any point.

Same thing goes for the 2022 draft.

Trendnet

Reaction score
You cant comprehend simple statistics and you want me to actually read your posts? You said "Dak is better than Dalton and its not by much" Dalton has scored how many points in 2 games? Are you seriously going to sit there and tell me that Martin is the difference maker to the tune of 30 points a game? Or that Dalton is garbage? And you are bringing up my comprehension skills? Look in the mirror friend. You have no idea what you are talking about and are still trying to prove you werent wrong. Using Jimmy Johnson as your crutch because you cant form your own argument.
Here ill make it simple. Yes or no.

Dak has never gone into a second half only putting up 50 yards of offense.

I dont want any of your excuses or anything. Just a yes or no answer.

Just in case you were curious @CATCH17

The answer to @phildadon86 question of "Dak has never gone into a second half only putting up 50 yards of offense"

Dak has put up only 40 yards in the first half before - https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201809090car.htm

CWR

Reaction score
MAhomes still has 2 years left on his rookie deal. He got a 10 year extension.

Oh so your saying in 3 years he will start losing his team mates. I dont believe that though. He will lose some hear and there but he will still have weapons.

CWR

Reaction score
Me resigning Dak has nothing to do with that.

I know Dak has a High Floor has a player. His ceiling just isn't very high.

I just think paying Dak locks us into mediocrity. We can't win with him when he is cheap how will we do it when he is making all the money? He's not an elite player.. He plays for a team that needs a lot.. But he also wants money like he is a Superbowl champion. It's a joke.

Dallas Cowboys > Dak Prescott.. Thats where I am.

I think in the long run getting rid of Dak is better as long as he is properly replaced with a talent.

We need premium picks and i'll take back to back seasons of being this bad over 8-8.

If i'm Dallas im doing whatever it takes to get Trevor Lawrence.

Then i'm using the rest of my draft picks on defense unless a quality offensive lineman is available at any point.

Same thing goes for the 2022 draft.

I think he's a top 5 or 6 qb in the league going forward and if he walks we may struggle to replace him.

If we are sitting there in position to pick Lawrence I would support that completely because I believe we'd be a couple years away and we could withstand growing pains as well as save money, and build a better team.

Sad fact is I have a tiny smidgen of hope for that actually happening.

I see your point with re-signing him its just that his contract isn't our biggest issue. It's the other garbage deals.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I think he's a top 5 or 6 qb in the league going forward and if he walks we may struggle to replace him.

If we are sitting there in position to pick Lawrence I would support that completely because I believe we'd be a couple years away and we could withstand growing pains as well as save money, and build a better team.

Sad fact is I have a tiny smidgen of hope for that actually happening.

I see your point with re-signing him its just that his contract isn't our biggest issue. It's the other garbage deals.

Well when you sign the QB to that much money your other deals don’t have a lot of room for error and by the looks of things we made several mistakes.

CWR

Reaction score
Well when you sign the QB to that much money your other deals don’t have a lot of room for error and by the looks of things we made several mistakes.

Yes we did and when I advocate to sign Dak there has to be an escape plan on those other deals asap. We would need to be busy, make some moves and trim some fat.

willia451

Reaction score
Jerry Jones will probably live to 100 so make that 32 years.

Yep. They'll be keeping his ***** zombie @%% going with clockworks and steam power in the end.

Sitting in his suite hissing, sucking, bonging, smoking, and ticking as he watches another season implode.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
That's exactly how long it took Shanahan to take the 49ers to the Superbowl after being hired.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
That's your opinion based on your belief that Dak is not a good QB. But you need to focus on the real problem, the overpaid, underperforming players of defense. The reason for our current problems is that Jerry and company refuse to admit their mistakes in paying Lawrence, Jaylon and Crawford and keeping Gregory and Lee around. He also doesn't want to admit that Chido and Lewis are busts and that Woods is far from being an NFL caliber player. None of this has nothing to do with Dak.

The Cowboys have been lucky to have found their star QB's in other than a top 5 pick in the draft. They have never picked a QB in the top of the draft, (other than Aikman), ever. What makes you think they will this time? If it came to that, I guarantee you they would pick the wrong one.
@CATCH17 has never said Dak was not a good QB. Exactly the opposite. He continuously says Dak is a good QB. Just not good enough for the money he wants.
Agree, or disagree, it's a valid argument.

cowboygo

Reaction score
WOW. Sounds like a rebuild to me. Not thrilled that we have players on this roster that shouldn't be playing the NFL period!

https://www.dallascowboys.com/video/hangin-with-the-boys-like-an-old-carburetor
invest 2 whole offseasons on defense, both draft and free-agency. you will see a big difference. Dak can play with an average O-Line. Next year, we have to hope our tackles can play 70% of the year. We can survive without one of them at a time. Knight and Steele will be battle tested. Hopefully Biadasz can lock down the center spot. But resources HAVE to be allocated on the defensive side. Its the truth though, we won't reap the benefits of the defense until in 4 years. But its fine, we will worry about the O-Line later. We really need to maintain one hole on the O-Line for the next 3 years, may it be one tackle, one guard, or the center. If its 2 of 3, we are in trouble.

fivetwos

Reaction score
@CATCH17 has never said Dak was not a good QB. Exactly the opposite. He continuously says Dak is a good QB. Just not good enough for the money he wants.
Agree, or disagree, it's a valid argument.
Exactly on that.

There are certainly two schools of thought on the topic.

Theres definitely an argument to be made to not do a half-aased rebuild, but also that its extremely difficult to find a quality QB.

I'd be fine either way if I trusted the FO. I personally do not, and think the better shot is to roll with Dak.

All 100% moot because I can promise which direction Jerry is going in.

Hoping to not have Dak here is one single notch below hoping Jerry sells the team.

Corso

Reaction score
Exactly on that.

There are certainly two schools of thought on the topic.

Theres definitely an argument to be made to not do a half-aased rebuild, but also that its extremely difficult to find a quality QB.

I'd be fine either way if I trusted the FO. I personally do not, and think the better shot is to roll with Dak.

All 100% moot because I can promise which direction Jerry is going in.

Hoping to not have Dak here is one single notch below hoping Jerry sells the team.
So true...
So true.

I think we're rowing the same boat.
We know and hope certain things, but we also realize the reality of the situation and it is what it is.

I don't generally stress too much over most of it because of that.

Corso

Reaction score
The new Triplets in waiting......

Dak
CeeDee
Pollard

I feel a fire sale in our future
Pbbbbblllltttt!!!!
Pollard?

No. Just no. Dude isn't even as good as Felix was.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Pbbbbblllltttt!!!!
Pollard?

No. Just no. Dude isn't even as good as Felix was.
Once we fire McCarthy and get rid of Zeke.....Pollard will be Aaron Jones.

Remember when fans and the media was claiming that McCarthy never had a RB as good as Zeke.....Aaron a top 3 RB after Mike left. Rodgers was begging Little Mac to run Jones more.....JUST SAYING

Corso

Reaction score
Once we fire McCarthy and get rid of Zeke.....Pollard will be Aaron Jones.

Remember when fans and the media was claiming that McCarthy never had a RB as good as Zeke.....Aaron a top 3 RB after Mike left. Rodgers was begging Little Mac to run Jones more.....JUST SAYING
Well if you say so...