Video: Jesse Holley totally destroys Jason Garrett and exposes him even further!

Kaiser

Reaction score
And yet, we know how Lee felt about Dez. He managed to express that truthfully and diplomatically. So it’s at least possible.

This was Sean Lee's quote below when Dez called him a snake. If he really thought poorly of Garrett he would have had a diplomatic statement about it being time for a change. This is the quote described as "firing back at Dez":

"First thing, to say that I can get anybody off the team and have any input on a roster is absurd," Lee said. "The second thing, I love Dez and I want the best for him.

"You know, to be honest, we did butt heads, because I wanted Dez to be more accountable to this team and his teammates. To be honest with you, a lot of the team felt that way. I think he needs to look at himself and hold himself accountable."

Kaiser

Reaction score
My issue is only that I’ve never believed he was a bad coach. I think McCarthy is similarly a good coach, and I don’t think he’s going to be able to address the actual issues in Dallas, either. But he’ll get blamed for it, too, and then replaced himself.

I keep using it as a punch line but I really think its true. I think the Mega Yacht is going to solve some of the issues with Jerry and the fact McCarthy had all the leverage when he signed on will also be part of it. Jerry was pulling back but still in the "can't help himself" stage of meddling. I think McCarthy took the job with an agreement that Jerry wouldn't be meddling like past years.

Jerry loves nothing more than burning up the phones for draft day trades. This year he was on the Yacht.

cern

Reaction score
It would be "obsession" if that was all they were talking about.
Words like obsession, whiner, haters, slobberers, etc., aren't to be taken literally here. They're more an expression of one's point of view. Anyone with a different opinion gets labeled as one of the aforementioned.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This was Sean Lee's quote below when Dez called him a snake. If he really thought poorly of Garrett he would have had a diplomatic statement about it being time for a change. This is the quote described as "firing back at Dez":

"First thing, to say that I can get anybody off the team and have any input on a roster is absurd," Lee said. "The second thing, I love Dez and I want the best for him.

"You know, to be honest, we did butt heads, because I wanted Dez to be more accountable to this team and his teammates. To be honest with you, a lot of the team felt that way. I think he needs to look at himself and hold himself accountable."

That’s exactly the quote I was thinking of. Thanks for pulling it.

johneric8

Reaction score
Short sighted? Okay, so what's the long term benefit that we are missing if we quit whining about Garrett?

Is there is something left to accomplish by whining about Garrett? Some problem that whining about Garrett will solve? Something new to say about Garrett that hasn't been said before and that will improve the current team?

If the answer to those questions is no, then where is the short sightedness?

I don't know, the horse seems pretty dead to me. I don't think he'll be hopping up and trotting around The Star anymore.

Yes, easy answer.. If for me sharing post where an x player talks about Garrett and many other interesting topics is whining than you and I can agree to disagree. To me, the shape of our team now is a direct reflection on the past skeletons of the Garrett tenure and anything that sheds light on that situation is informative in my opinion.. You can label it what every you want, but it doesn't change the fact that most agree that it's a worthy topic to discuss even though even in your infinte wisdom thanks it's not.. Please show me what I whined about Garrett?

johneric8

Reaction score
To add, it's very very strange when a poster feels the need to tell others what to do. Someone wants to complain about something(Not me, like ever!!), why does it bother someone? Don't read it.

Much agreed, the guy obviously has his own crosses to bear to even attempt to call me out.. The light shines bright on that one, he is exposed.

johneric8

Reaction score
Tell me do you still or have you ever whined about Tom Landry's last 3 years? Yes Landry was great but his last 3 years were terrible. It never ceases to amaze me how many different reasons fans here say the problems have been. Some say Jones, some say Garrett, some say Prescott. So because some fans here just can't let go of something that has no baring on the Cowboys anymore it all right to continue an obsession? Instead of dwelling on the negative why not go to positives like discussing great teams, games and plays. The Cowboys have a long history of those instead of dwelling on past negative history.

You miss the point.. Everything Garrett has done and Jerry has allowed to have happen is a direct reflection on moves being made now! I personally am still looking for answers on why such mediocrity in our past and why we had to deal with it.. Sorry you don't like my quest, but get use to it.. I'm very positive about our new staff, and in fact I love me some Dak Prescott! So there is that... As you were..

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
You miss the point.. Everything Garrett has done and Jerry has allowed to have happen is a direct reflection on moves being made now! I personally am still looking for answers on why such mediocrity in our past and why we had to deal with it.. Sorry you don't like my quest, but get use to it.. I'm very positive about our new staff, and in fact I love me some Dak Prescott! So there is that... As you were..

Tell me how is other fans that know nothing more then you or I give you ANY answers to your concerns? Nobody here has ANY first hand knowledge of anything. All they have is the same speculation you have. When does speculation A and speculation B add up to any real facts? You have an obsession and you need to just let it go and move on.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Tell me do you still or have you ever whined about Tom Landry's last 3 years? Yes Landry was great but his last 3 years were terrible. It never ceases to amaze me how many different reasons fans here say the problems have been. Some say Jones, some say Garrett, some say Prescott. So because some fans here just can't let go of something that has no baring on the Cowboys anymore it all right to continue an obsession? Instead of dwelling on the negative why not go to positives like discussing great teams, games and plays. The Cowboys have a long history of those instead of dwelling on past negative history.

Maybe the difference was the length of time. Garrett wasn't limited to just 3 years, we were stuck with JG for 10 years! 10 years leaves a longer lasting impression. LOL

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes, easy answer.. If for me sharing post where an x player talks about Garrett and many other interesting topics is whining than you and I can agree to disagree. To me, the shape of our team now is a direct reflection on the past skeletons of the Garrett tenure and anything that sheds light on that situation is informative in my opinion.. You can label it what every you want, but it doesn't change the fact that most agree that it's a worthy topic to discuss even though even in your infinte wisdom thanks it's not.. Please show me what I whined about Garrett?
lol - it was actually YOU that described what you were doing as whining.

You didn't answer the question about why stopping the "whining" would be short sighted. To answer that you have to be able to say what would be lost if we stopped "whining about it"? What benefit would we miss out on that can be gained by constantly talking about it?

Okay, so there are past skeletons, but is that somehow more true than if we didn't talk about it constantly? The skeletons are what they are, and saying it a thousand times doesn't make it any more so than saying it a hundred times.

johneric8

Reaction score
lol - it was actually YOU that described what you were doing as whining.

You didn't answer the question about why stopping the "whining" would be short sighted. To answer that you have to be able to say what would be lost if we stopped "whining about it"? What benefit would we miss out on that can be gained by constantly talking about it?

Okay, so there are past skeletons, but is that somehow more true than if we didn't talk about it constantly? The skeletons are what they are, and saying it a thousand times doesn't make it any more so than saying it a hundred times.

Well, I only described it as that because either you or someone else that I have been discussing these matters with alluded to all of this as "whining about garrett", ETC..

Okay, forget the word "whining" for a second, I only used that because someone else did.. To suggest that I should stop searching for information on the Garrett tenure and the affects it had on the organization and us fans is what I suggested was short sighted. Do you not realize there are still many guys on this forum that are still trying to make sense of the whole Garrett debacle and what was really going on behind the scenes?

When I made the post with the Jesse Holley video, I was actually excited to share with the forum! I enjoyed the video because in my eyes it did shed some light on things. I also hate to break it to you, but it shined a light for many others as well. Heck, most of my friends that watched the video really enjoyed it and we discussed it for hours. So to come on here and have a few guys say things like "get over it" or "Jesse Holley is a hack" is just another opinion.. Basically it's the same song and dance, it's people complaining about others having opinions which is cray cray..

The one thing I want you to understand is there are posters on this forum only looking to conjure up chaos. There is one guy who shall go nameless who does daily diatribes which typically are only meant to incite answers to very dumb questions which are typically very divisive. This isn't me, I simply just share things that I think many may enjoy, and not for a second did I think of that was dwelling on the past, but more as therapeutic.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well, I only described it as that because either you or someone else that I have been discussing these matters with alluded to all of this as "whining about garrett", ETC..

Okay, forget the word "whining" for a second, I only used that because someone else did.. To suggest that I should stop searching for information on the Garrett tenure and the affects it had on the organization and us fans is what I suggested was short sighted. Do you not realize there are still many guys on this forum that are still trying to make sense of the whole Garrett debacle and what was really going on behind the scenes?

When I made the post with the Jesse Holley video, I was actually excited to share with the forum! I enjoyed the video because in my eyes it did shed some light on things. I also hate to break it to you, but it shined a light for many others as well. Heck, most of my friends that watched the video really enjoyed it and we discussed it for hours. So to come on here and have a few guys say things like "get over it" or "Jesse Holley is a hack" is just another opinion.. Basically it's the same song and dance, it's people complaining about others having opinions which is cray cray..

The one thing I want you to understand is there are posters on this forum only looking to conjure up chaos. There is one guy who shall go nameless who does daily diatribes which typically are only meant to incite answers to very dumb questions which are typically very divisive. This isn't me, I simply just share things that I think many may enjoy, and not for a second did I think of that was dwelling on the past, but more as therapeutic.

And you're 100% right. Don't let a few who can't handle the truth stop you from talking about things like this that interest you.

Instead, let them wallow in their own ignorance and how wrong they truly were in trying to defend Garrett all those years.

That's the part that truly bothers them.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Well, I just picked up on you calling it whining, but I don't have a problem with getting away from that word.

As for searching for info, I never said anything about that, and I'm not sure if anyone else did, but if you find anything new that is reasonable and not just some sensationalized nonsense, I would be interested to see the info. For now I'm not seeing anything new though.

I personally don't see the point anyway unless you think there is some kind of Watergate/Deep Throat kind of intrigue and cover up. Garrett sucked as a coach - what else do we really expect to find? But if you think there is some hidden bombshell, I don't care if you look for it.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And you're 100% right. Don't let a few who can't handle the truth stop you from talking about things like this that interest you.

Instead, let them wallow in their own ignorance and how wrong they truly were in trying to defend Garrett all those years.

You've missed the point entirely. The truth is Garrett sucked as a coach, and I've said that many times over the last several years, so obviously I can handle that just fine. That's not remotely what I was talking about. What I've said is I already know Garrett sucked, and it doesn't take someone saying it another 500 times for me to know it. I knew it several years ago, I knew it when his contract wasn't extended, I know it now, and I will know it in the future even if nobody posts another word about it.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You've missed the point entirely.

The "point" where you're here once again trying to 'shout down' bad news? The "point" where you're calling others "obsessed" while repeatedly posting in the thread?

No, that "point" I've clearly gotten once again. This is only about the 1,000th time you've done this and acted in this manner. I haven't "missed" that at all.

The truth is Garrett sucked as a coach, and I've said that many times over the last several years, so obviously I can handle that just fine. That's not remotely what I was talking about. What I've said is I already know Garrett sucked, and it doesn't take someone saying it another 500 times for me to know it. I knew it several years ago, I knew it when his contract wasn't extended, I know it now, and I will know it in the future even if nobody posts another word about it.

Then do yourself and everyone else a favor and do what you could have and should have done in the first place by avoiding and staying out of threads that you want to deem as not worth talking about instead of trying to tell anyone else what they should or shouldn't be interested in. Control what you can control - your own actions and let others have that same ability.

I hope that you don't "miss that point entirely" once again.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The "point" where you're here once again trying to 'shout down' bad news? The "point" where you're calling others "obsessed" while repeatedly posting in the thread?

No, that "point" I've clearly gotten once again. This is only about the 1,000th time you've done this and acted in this manner. I haven't "missed" that at all.

Then do yourself and everyone else a favor and do what you could have and should have done in the first place by avoiding and staying out of threads that you want to deem as not worth talking about instead of trying to tell anyone else what they should or shouldn't be interested in. Control what you can control - your own actions and let others have that same ability.

I hope that you don't "miss that point entirely" once again.
How am I shouting down bad news when I also say Garrett sucked? That's exactly the same news.

And no, you don't get the point. Do you really believe that a person has to repeat over and over, day after day, week after week, month after month that Garrett sucks to prove that he believes Garrett sucked? How dead does the horse have to be? After all, that's the only thing you have to support your contention that I am defending Garrett - that I don't feel the need to say Garrett sucks over and over, and I don't see the need for anyone else to say it over and over. The sky does not get any more blue by repeating the sky is blue over and over.

I've clearly and consistently made that point, and your consistent response is to act like I've said the opposite.

As for avoiding and staying out of threads, that's a pretty two faced comment for someone who touts the right of people to post what they want. I guess that only applies to people that post what YOU want?

Last edited:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How am I shouting down bad news when I also say Garrett sucked? That's exactly the same news.

Uh, maybe due to the fact that you're repeatedly trying to lecture anyone else on what you consider relevant news or not. You decide that for yourself, not anyone else.

And no, you don't get the point. Do you really believe that a person has to repeat over and over, day after day, week after week, month after month that Garrett sucks to prove that he believes Garrett sucked? How dead does the horse have to be? After all, that's the only thing you have to support your contention that I am defending Garrett - that I don't feel the need to say Garrett sucks over and over, and I don't see the need for anyone else to say it over and over. The sky does not get any more blue by repeating the sky is blue over and over.

I've clearly and consistently made that point, and your consistent response is to act like I've said the opposite.

As for avoiding and staying out of threads, that's a pretty two faced comment for someone who touts the right of people to post what they want. I guess that only applies to people that post what YOU want?

Actually, you prove your own hypocrisy yet again. You're the guy trying to censor here, not anyone else. Now you're going to cry about not being able to post what you want? While trying to tell someone else what they should or shouldn't?

Ponder on it until it finally sinks in.

If you don't think it's relevant, you can see your way out. But it's clear that what you're actually trying to do is to control the narrative and what is and what isn't talked about. You can get lost with that crap.

johneric8

Reaction score

It's funny because it never dawned on me that these so called "antagonist" were actually Garrett supporters, I actually viewed them as more of glorified forum police, which in my estimation is step up from grammar police.

If what you suggested is true, and these guys are actually closet Garrett supporters, I'm actually blown totally away then! I had no clue there actually were Garrett supporters left after these 10 years of pure Circus entertainment!

Don't get me wrong, I do like many things about Garrett the person, although I do think he tries too hard to prove to others how capable he is when it's just flat out unnatural.
Garrett is a good guy that was in way over his head, but none the less a quality person.

The one thing I see with McCarthy that I really like is the fact that he is very direct and transparent. Big Mike reminds me of someone whom doesn't have to put on a show of intelligence to garner ones respect, and for me that is everything. It doesn't hurt either that Mike has skins on the way and has proven he can coach in this league at a very high level.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Uh, maybe due to the fact that you're repeatedly trying to lecture anyone else on what you consider relevant news or not. You decide that for yourself, not anyone else.

Actually, you prove your own hypocrisy yet again. You're the guy trying to censor here, not anyone else. Now you're going to cry about not being able to post what you want? While trying to tell someone else what they should or shouldn't?

Ponder on it until it finally sinks in.

If you don't think it's relevant, you can see your way out. But it's clear that what you're actually trying to do is to control the narrative and what is and what isn't talked about. You can get lost with that crap.
Okay, lets say "Garrett sucks" is relevant news … And let's also start thread after thread after thread about Robert Quinn leaving as a free agent - that's relevant too, even if we say it a 1,000 times. And what about Byron Jones leaving, or even DeMarcus Ware and DeMarco Murray? What's the statute of limitations, and how relevant is it to keep saying the same thing over and over and over again?

As for me trying to censor, you need to expand your vocabulary to include that word. Commenting about it being pointless to repeat the same thing over and over isn't censorship, it's a comment. I don't have the power to censor, only the mods do. And even if I did I wouldn't censor, but I probably would combine threads, just as the mods sometimes do when they think a topic is being beaten to death in multiple threads.

Oh, by the way, you can see your way out if you don't like what I post - that ability isn't limited to me. And, face it (both of your faces), you are trying to control the narrative here more so than I am because all I'm doing is saying the horse has been beaten enough, and you are actually trying to attribute thoughts and intentions to me that are not supported by fact.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Okay, lets say "Garrett sucks" is relevant news … And let's also start thread after thread after thread about Robert Quinn leaving as a free agent - that's relevant too, even if we say it a 1,000 times. And what about Byron Jones leaving, or even DeMarcus Ware and DeMarco Murray? What's the statute of limitations, and how relevant is it to keep saying the same thing over and over and over again?

There is none. Deal with it. People can talk about whatever they want, whenever they want, as many times as they want. Whether you like it or not and whether you can deal with it or not. If you don't like it, don't post in it and keep it going. It's not hard.

As for me trying to censor, you need to expand your vocabulary to include that word. Commenting about it being pointless to repeat the same thing over and over isn't censorship, it's a comment. I don't have the power to censor, only the mods do. And even if I did I wouldn't censor, but I probably would combine threads, just as the mods sometimes do when they think a topic is being beaten to death in multiple threads.

You're attempting to censor it by scolding people for talking about it. And giving unwanted, unsolicited advice on relevance or timeliness. Judge that for yourself, but anyone else. I don't care whether you try to deny it or not. Your actions betray your words. As does the "obsession" that you yourself have while trying to project it on others. More hypocrisy on display.

Oh, by the way, you can see your way out if you don't like what I post - that ability isn't limited to me. And, face it (both of your faces), you are trying to control the narrative here more so than I am because all I'm doing is saying the horse has been beaten enough, and you are actually trying to attribute thoughts and intentions to me that are not supported by fact.

What I'm doing is making sure that people know that they have the freedom to post and talk about whatever they want as long as it doesn't violate forum rules. Denial ain't just a river in Egypt.