Video: Jesse Holley totally destroys Jason Garrett and exposes him even further!

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There is none. Deal with it. People can talk about whatever they want, whenever they want, as many times as they want. Whether you like it or not and whether you can deal with it or not. If you don't like it, don't post in it and keep it going. It's not hard.

You're attempting to censor it by scolding people for talking about it. And giving unwanted, unsolicited advice on relevance or timeliness. Judge that for yourself, but anyone else. I don't care whether you try to deny it or not. Your actions betray your words. As does the "obsession" that you yourself have while trying to project it on others. More hypocrisy on display.

What I'm doing is making sure that people know that they have the freedom to post and talk about whatever they want as long as it doesn't violate forum rules. Denial ain't just a river in Egypt.
Yes, people can talk about whatever they want when they want - including me.

You inserted yourself into this, and you are just as able to stay out of things as anyone else, but you apparently think that applies to people you disagree with, but not to yourself. Talk about trying to control the narrative.

Again, the word censor doesn't mean what you apparently think it means. I have no ability to censor anything. I'm just saying some topics have been beaten to death. That does not qualify as censorship.

As for what you are making sure of, it's very noble of you to be the big brother telling everyone else they have the right to post on here - well, except me of course. You are a bit (well, a lot) two faced when it comes to me posting what I want. But, in any case, I suspect most posters really aren't so clueless they have to have you explain how this site works, or play the part of their protector.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes, people can talk about whatever they want when they want - including me.

Good> Then save the comments trying to call for the opposite - which is exactly what you're trying to do here.

You inserted yourself into this, and you are just as able to stay out of things as anyone else, but you apparently think that applies to people you disagree with, but not to yourself. Talk about trying to control the narrative.

Find me a post where I'm telling anyone what they should or shouldn't talk about the way you're doing here. Then talk.

Again, the word censor doesn't mean what you apparently think it means. I have no ability to censor anything.

No, you're trying your damnedest.

I'm just saying some topics have been beaten to death. That does not qualify as censorship.

Sure it does. Don't kid yourself. I'll say it again and maybe you'll get it this time. If you don't want to talk about something - don't. It's quite simple.

I'll call you out for your hypocrisy:

If the topic has been "beaten to death", why are you here?

As for what you are making sure of, it's very noble of you to be the big brother telling everyone else they have the right to post on here - well, except me of course. You are a bit (well, a lot) two faced when it comes to me posting what I want. But, in any case, I suspect most posters really aren't so clueless they have to have you explain how this site works, or play the part of their protector.

What exactly do you think you're posting? Other than attempted censorship? The thread brought information and confirmation. You didn't. All you've brought are transparent attempts at controlling the narrative and what gets talked about and what doesn't. What's 'relevant' (according to you) and what isn't. Attempted censorship.

Don't like (can't handle) the subject matter? Get out of the thread.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's funny because it never dawned on me that these so called "antagonist" were actually Garrett supporters, I actually viewed them as more of glorified forum police, which in my estimation is step up from grammar police.

If what you suggested is true, and these guys are actually closet Garrett supporters, I'm actually blown totally away then! I had no clue there actually were Garrett supporters left after these 10 years of pure Circus entertainment!

Don't get me wrong, I do like many things about Garrett the person, although I do think he tries too hard to prove to others how capable he is when it's just flat out unnatural.
Garrett is a good guy that was in way over his head, but none the less a quality person.

The one thing I see with McCarthy that I really like is the fact that he is very direct and transparent. Big Mike reminds me of someone whom doesn't have to put on a show of intelligence to garner ones respect, and for me that is everything. It doesn't hurt either that Mike has skins on the way and has proven he can coach in this league at a very high level.

Take a look at the people trying to decide for others what's relevant and what's "been beaten to death". The attempted censors.

The hypocrites who call others "obsessed" while they can't stay away from a thread and topic they claim isn't worthy of being talked about.

Watch them wiggle to try to get off the hook, it's great sport.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good> Then save the comments trying to call for the opposite - which is exactly what you're trying to do here.

Find me a post where I'm telling anyone what they should or shouldn't talk about the way you're doing here. Then talk.

No, you're trying your damnedest.

Sure it does. Don't kid yourself. I'll say it again and maybe you'll get it this time. If you don't want to talk about something - don't. It's quite simple.

I'll call you out for your hypocrisy:

If the topic has been "beaten to death", why are you here?

What exactly do you think you're posting? Other than attempted censorship? The thread brought information and confirmation. You didn't. All you've brought are transparent attempts at controlling the narrative and what gets talked about and what doesn't. What's 'relevant' (according to you) and what isn't. Attempted censorship.

Don't like (can't handle) the subject matter? Get out of the thread.
Now I get it - you like beating a dead horse. You continue to do it. I won't. Your horse is just as dead as Garrett's.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Now I get it - you like beating a dead horse. You continue to do it. I won't. Your horse is just as dead as Garrett's.

Finally!

That's right, the fact is that I 'like to beat that dead horse" and apparently, so do you. That's why you invested so much time and energy in posting in this thread. Again, your actions betray your words. The difference is that I'll admit it.

See yourself out.

tenor.gif

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Finally!

That's right, the fact is that I 'like to beat that dead horse" and apparently, so do you. That's why you invested so much time and energy in posting in this thread. Again, your actions betray your words. The difference is that I'll admit it.

See yourself out.

tenor.gif
Actually, my posting in this thread was only extended because you inserted yourself into it. Without you a few comments would have passed between me and the poster you feel you had to come and rescue, and it would have been over.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Actually, my posting in this thread was only extended because you inserted yourself into it. Without you a few comments would have passed between me and the poster you feel you had to come and rescue, and it would have been over.

And you're still here...
:rolleyes:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes, I never will argue in regards to players respecting Garrett the person, heck I respect Garrett the person I've seen as well, but having said that, the players could see that he wasn't qualified to coach the team so Garrett as a coach gave them no advantages.

Terrell Owens said it years ago. And he certainly wasn't "a minimally talented player that no other team even considered worthy of a practice squad spot and only barely sniffed the sidelines." Owens is in the Hall of Fame and was one of the greatest receivers of all time. Crybabies can say whatever they want about him personally, but his stats shut them up.

He told the truth years ago, but of course, since it was him, the Garrett fans tried to shoot that messenger too. Patrick Crayton also backed up what Owens said back then, and of course he was attacked too. Fact is that they were right, and the confirmation only grows and grows. But, none so blind as will not see and we can't think for others and force them to accept what they find too painful.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And you're not - this post with your name just materialized on it's own

I'm not the guy crying about that "dead horse" am I?

Nope.

Keep proving me right with every post.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm not the guy crying about that "dead horse" am I?

Nope.

Keep proving me right with every post.
lol - and keep proving me right with every post. You are the proverbial pot calling the kettle black, and really just want the last word. Stay a black kettle, have the last word, but don't try to ride the horse. He's gone.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
lol - and keep proving me right with every post. You are the proverbial pot calling the kettle black, and really just want the last word. Stay a black kettle, have the last word, but don't try to ride the horse. He's gone.

I don't care if "he's gone". The damage and wasted time remains, and will for quite some time. But you go ahead and defend him at every turn and then claim that you're not. The hypocrisy is hilarious.

Guys like you are funny. You'll defend anything and everything when it's happening and then when you're shown to have been completely wrong, it's time to "move on" and pretend it never happened. I'll always be here to remind you.

johneric8

Reaction score
Take a look at the people trying to decide for others what's relevant and what's "been beaten to death". The attempted censors.

The hypocrites who call others "obsessed" while they can't stay away from a thread and topic they claim isn't worthy of being talked about.

Watch them wiggle to try to get off the hook, it's great sport.

You have a way with words Stash and I appreciate your banter with me! I know I'm relatively new poster around here but I've been a lurker for a long long time. I'm a beta tester or was for a video game called the golf club and have spent most of my time over the years on that forum going back and forth with the guys, but lately I've focused more of my free time over here and it's been fun.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You have a way with words Stash and I appreciate your banter with me! I know I'm relatively new poster around here but I've been a lurker for a long long time. I'm a beta tester or was for a video game called the golf club and have spent most of my time over the years on that forum going back and forth with the guys, but lately I've focused more of my free time over here and it's been fun.

Post more, and never let anyone try to tell you what you should or shouldn't talk about. That's what this place is for, and the day we let people like that dictate and censor things is the day it's not worth coming here.

johneric8

Reaction score
Well, I just picked up on you calling it whining, but I don't have a problem with getting away from that word.

As for searching for info, I never said anything about that, and I'm not sure if anyone else did, but if you find anything new that is reasonable and not just some sensationalized nonsense, I would be interested to see the info. For now I'm not seeing anything new though.

I personally don't see the point anyway unless you think there is some kind of Watergate/Deep Throat kind of intrigue and cover up. Garrett sucked as a coach - what else do we really expect to find? But if you think there is some hidden bombshell, I don't care if you look for it.

We see eye to eye here and that is great.. The big difference is for me was the info I heard from Holley was new because I haven't heard him on any other show as some of you have. I understand Holley is an x hack player, but I also put just as much stock into what he might as say as I would jason witten or sean lee whom have good reason to not offend garrett. Heck,
some of those guys go to bball games with the freckled puppet, of course they're going to sing his praises.. Either way, just remember, for me it was news.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We see eye to eye here and that is great.. The big difference is for me was the info I heard from Holley was new because I haven't heard him on any other show as some of you have. I understand Holley is an x hack player, but I also put just as much stock into what he might as say as I would jason witten or sean lee whom have good reason to not offend garrett. Heck,
some of those guys go to bball games with the freckled puppet, of course they're going to sing his praises.. Either way, just remember, for me it was news.

And let's also be aware that there are players who are more 'savvy' than others. Some who know where their bread is buttered and know that if they tell the whole truth about things, that they could be ostracized and viewed as an outcast. And that's why we seldom get the truth, for fear of a player 'biting the hand that feeds them' and being shut out of that 'Cowboys circle'.

The fact is that by the end, even guys like Aikman, Irvin, and Smith, who had been some of Garrett's biggest supporters were 'done' too. Better late than never I suppose.

johneric8

Reaction score
And let's also be aware that there are players who are more 'savvy' than others. Some who know where their bread is buttered and know that if they tell the whole truth about things, that they could be ostracized and viewed as an outcast. And that's why we seldom get the truth, for fear of a player 'biting the hand that feeds them' and being shut out of that 'Cowboys circle'.

The fact is that by the end, even guys like Aikman, Irvin, and Smith, who had been some of Garrett's biggest supporters were 'done' too. Better late than never I suppose.

100%.. Don't bite that hand that feeds ya! But I also understand that you have to measured about what an x disgruntled player may say, but honestly I don't put a guy like Holley on the TO level of animosity and I feel like that what he said echoes what we've witnessed year after year with Garrett and his staff...

The bottom line for me, is the whole Garrett era was a cruel joke and as I've said before, I'm still dancing in the streets knowing he is gone.. I'm honestly still over the moon about, that is how bad I wanted a new coach.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
100%.. Don't bite that hand that feeds ya! But I also understand that you have to measured about what an x disgruntled player may say, but honestly I don't put a guy like Holley on the TO level of animosity and I feel like that what he said echoes what we've witnessed year after year with Garrett and his staff...

The bottom line for me, is the whole Garrett era was a cruel joke and as I've said before, I'm still dancing in the streets knowing he is gone.. I'm honestly still over the moon about, that is how bad I wanted a new coach.

And you are in the majority on that. Most of us are thrilled that he's finally gone too. But it's painful for those that supported and made excuses for him for years. Too bad for them, because now it's payback time for the many that suffered under his ineptitude. I will continue to revel in the fact that a man who should have never had the job in the first place doesn't have it anymore, and my favorite team will no longer be at a huge disadvantage on gamedays.

I will continue to celebrate.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

We’re always looking for new contributors, dude, so please be very comfortable on that point.

Of course, like with any opinion, posters may disagree with either your point or your posting pattern. As long as they stay with it the rules of the site, it’s fair game. Within the Guidelines, people are not censored. Neither are they free from other posters thinking they might be whining and pointing that out. The very simple trick is to understand that reasonable people might disagree on such topics. If you get that simple fact, you’ll fit in fine.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

The Garrett era was a bad spell - enough good moments to have a little hope, but ultimate things always fell short, and at times went to hell in a handbasket. Garrett just wasn't the right guy, and Jerry wouldn't let it go. And that's really who I blame. I can't blame Garrett for staying and trying to do the job, I blame Jerry for not making a change he needed to several years back.

As for Holly, I suspect if there is anything unfair in his comments it was for the sake of drawing attention to his radio show rather than being disgruntled. Obviously I can't know that, but it's my guess.

The other reason I tend to not take it too seriously is that he only saw the first year and a half of Garrett's head coaching career. We already know Garrett wasn't well equipped for the job, and it's pretty easy to imagine that particularly in the beginning Garrett may have stumbled around trying figure out how to go about being the head guy. If that's the case, I think "fake" is a bad description. Maybe "deer in the headlights"? lol

As for Holly's comment about the team not being willing to play hard for Garrett, actually a pretty consistent commentary through Garrett's head coaching career has been that the players do play hard for him. Of course, that's not the same as saying he was a high quality coach, but even a lot of Garrett detractors concede that point. Frankly, I'm skeptical that entire teams start giving a half assed effort because they aren't thrilled with a head coach, and I think that's even less likely with a brand new head coach who players need to have on their side for their careers to advance.

But ultimately there really haven't been a lot of comments like this about Garrett. I know, guys like Witten, and those players close to Garrett, aren't going to say anything negative, but there have been a lot of players that have come and gone without making these kinds of comments, and most seem to say they respect Garrett as a person, even if they don't believe he was the head coach the Cowboys needed.

In short, I'm all on board with the fact Garrett was a bad head coach, but the personal stuff about him I'm less likely to take seriously.