Jets acquire 3rd pick in draft

Rayman70

Reaction score
Remember something. Failure isn't a bad thing...whats bad is failing to try. Simple but to the point. Its something I teach my kids. Basic life skills for living. Hope my Cowboys have a plan.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Maybe just maybe the Giants want a QB as well:rolleyes:
I think Rosen is the guy Gettleman wants. Seems like a great fit to me... a steady guy much like Eli...never too up or down emotionally. Not sure Mayfield can handle the NY media. Rosen is very good with the media in contrast.

agk136

Reaction score
The jets overpaid for that pick. The 3rd pick is valued at 2200 points. The 6th, 37th and 49th pick is valued at 2540 points. Then add in next year second round pick (say the middle of the round 16th pick) would be 420 points. This adds up to 2960 points. That's enough to go up to the first pick. The jets gave up an additional 760 points in this deal. The GM better hope he picks a hall of famer QB or he most likely will be unemployed in a few years.

Reaction score
Anybody else thinking the colts could go after Irving now? Eberflus has seen him 1st hand and may want to give up 1 of those 2nd’s for an impact player on his D

I posted this exact thought in a separate thread before reading this. I agree and will not be happy.

Rayman70

Reaction score
The jets overpaid for that pick. The 3rd pick is valued at 2200 points. The 6th, 37th and 49th pick is valued at 2540 points. Then add in next year second round pick (say the middle of the round 16th pick) would be 420 points. This adds up to 2960 points. That's enough to go up to the first pick. The jets gave up an additional 760 points in this deal. The GM better hope he picks a hall of famer QB or he most likely will be unemployed in a few years.
They did,no doubt. But again..many say the Eagles paid a kings ransom to go get Carson Wentz...so...

Rayman70

Reaction score
They're the Jets....they couldn't pick a winning horse in a one horse race!!
That may be true..but I give them credit for trying. The only caveat is if they moved up and end up taking a olineman or DE like Chubb at 3 overall...THEN we can all pile on and ridicule this move. I will be the first to jump on. This had to be for a QB.

USMarineVet

Reaction score
Less of a chance CLE takes Barkley now at 1. Meaning NYG gets him if they want him. Not liking that.

That's what I was thinking. Eli doesn't become a FA until 2020 so they can grab their QB next year. And we all know the Giants love them some Eli.

Keeping up with the Jones'. Literally.

Londonboy

Reaction score
I assume they offered the same deal to the Giants and they said no.
That means, either the Giants want and are confident of getting more, or they like someone at 2 (I'm guessing Saq)

cjlopez

Reaction score
I think the wild card are the Giants. What will they do? Barkley is the “wow” but should they get a Qb or go with Manning. Manning is not suddenly going to be 100 way better.

Cleveland do they take the QB because the one they want could be gone now with Jets right before them. I don’t see why Jets would trade up for a RB. And they probably know that Giants and Cleveland would lean with one ☝️ f them taking a RB but now. It forces Cleveland to take a QB because if they don’t. Jets night get their guy. And Jets probably think Giants would take RB No way did they trade up hoping that Barkley would be there. IT for A QB

Rayman70

Reaction score
Giants wont pick Barkley. Gettleman will go Chubb or Rosen.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why not acquire the 2nd pick? You will be getting the 3rd best QB in the draft.

Agreed. And if I were running the Giants, I would have been all over that pick, if what they've said publicly about Manning having "three or four more years" is accurate.

Drop down and still have a chance at a high quality player, be it a quarterback, running back, the best guard in the draft, or one of the best defensive backs available. The Giants could use help at any of those spots and the additional picks for the future.

I'd question why it wasn't they who accepted that deal.