Jets acquire 3rd pick in draft

skinsscalper

Reaction score
I assume they offered the same deal to the Giants and they said no.
That means, either the Giants want and are confident of getting more, or they like someone at 2 (I'm guessing Saq)
If the Giants passed up that deal to draft Barkley, they're dumber than he Jets. Don't get me wrong Barkley is going to be an absolute stud but you don't pass up that package for ANY running back, IMHO.

cjlopez

Reaction score
I think Mayfield is going higher than what some mocks say. I think he is becoming the media choice. Saying all the right things and being impressive in workouts.

Shunpike

Reaction score
Why not acquire the 2nd pick? You will be getting the 3rd best QB in the draft.
Giants will never trade with Jets.

I think Jets are after Mayfield/Rosen and they know one of them will be there at #3. Woody Johnson wants to win backpages of tabloids. Both Rosen and Mayfield are cocky and will put fans into Metlife seats for Jets.

cjlopez

Reaction score
I think the Giants just got pigeons holed. My guess is that they want Barkley. I think they could have traded back and got a Qb but I think they want Barkley. So it’s now decision time for the Browns. Do they take QB. At 1. Or wait and get maybe QB 3. I don’t see Giants picking. Qb at 2. To much media reaction and Manning disrespect. If Browns take RB. Giants will be open for business

Killerinstinct

Reaction score
That is a lot of cheddar to move up 3 spots. Colts picked the right year to tank. QB frenzy going on.

Colts already have their QB so they will be able to see a major infusion of talent.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
Yeah it's ridiculous to target and acquire by any means necessary the QB you want. You're much better off wasting years with some 4th round schlub with CFL talent.
It’s ridiculous they gave up 3 second rounders. For a kid they have no clue how he’s gonna turn out. How’d it work with Sanchez ?

Elusive6thRing

Reaction score
I predict Baker Mayfield will be playing for a New York team, either Giants or Jets.

cjlopez

Reaction score
If I were the Browns I would still take Barkley #1

All those NFL insiders like that idiot from ESPN can’t think of his name. With the hair plugs who say they have to take a QB with Pick 1 are just doing it to have a discussion.

Pick RB. Have Giants squeeze. Than come back and take either Rosen, Mayfiekd, or Josh.

DiResta

Reaction score
Don't worry, you'll only have about a decade more to whine about our QB, and cry over Wentz, rather than be a fan. Or just become an Eagles fan.
if Dallas is a dumpster fire this year the next HC might want to change the scenery including qb
Anybody else thinking the colts could go after Irving now? Eberflus has seen him 1st hand and may want to give up 1 of those 2nd’s for an impact player on his D
there are edge rushers that could definitely help Dallas
getting even younger and a rookie contract for a guy like example Marcus Davenport wouldnt be the end of the world
How committed are the Giants to drafting a QB at #2?

The Bills fans are already throwing a tantrum over what the Jets did.

For the Bills to move up to #2 it will cost a lot.
Barkley might be a generational talent but the Giants could come away with a amazing haul trading picks

Rayman70

Reaction score
Mayfield is not going to the Giants. This has Rosen or Chubb written all over it. Gettleman LOVES going DLINE. That's how he has drafted while at Carolina. I might even lean towards Chubb ..the Jets at 3 will go for a QB. You don't do that unless that's your target.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Giants want Chubb/Rosen. Jets I THINK want Allen. So a lot depends on what the Browns do at 1. I think they go Mayfield at 1 actually. I see Barkley falling to Denver.... or the Browns will get Barkley as well as Mayfield.

cjlopez

Reaction score
The most logical choice is Buffalo. 2 1st Round picks and a Second and maybe a 2nd next year

The the only team that could give NYG a good haul in this draft and next year.

Sandyf

Reaction score
Thinking the Giants may deal with Buffalo. Probably get #12, #22, #53, and 2nd in 2019 for #2, sure it is overpay but then could see Giants addressing RT, OG, and RB with #12, #22, and #34, and that would help Eli and make them for more competitive. We need to get on the horse and do something positive in FA besides resigning Lawrence and extending Martin.

Klingo3034

Reaction score
This does mess up Cleveland's plan because this move shows Jets want the QB that Browns might want as well. Forcing Browns to use their 1st pick for QB instead of Barkley. 4th pick would have been QB. And if Barkley is taken before 4, Browns probably trade down.

Klingo3034

Reaction score
Giants at 2 didn't need Qb, Manning can still play, and Giants can draft a qb next year. They need offensive lineman. Colts got Andrew Luck. So they didn't need qb.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Nelsen at 2? Logic says yes...but Gettlemans history says defense(CHUBB).

Rayman70

Reaction score
Thinking the Giants may deal with Buffalo. Probably get #12, #22, #53, and 2nd in 2019 for #2, sure it is overpay but then could see Giants addressing RT, OG, and RB with #12, #22, and #34, and that would help Eli and make them for more competitive. We need to get on the horse and do something positive in FA besides resigning Lawrence and extending Martin.
You have a point. I see a domino effect in the top 6 or 7 picks where NOW after this trade,I see a ton of jockey-ing and more trades. This is good for Dallas because now as a result one or 2 elite players could free fall. This years draft is going to be interesting in the top 10.