Jets acquire 3rd pick in draft

DFWJC

Reaction score
GREAT move by Indy.
I fully understand the Jets going for the franchise QB, just noting that Indy fully maximized the value of that pick.
Dropped three spots and added three 2nd rounds .....awesome. Will still get an elite player and have the ammo the two another mid 1st rounder to boot.

Jist a reminder of why you usually shoul drop down some if your in the top 5 and don't need a QB...or if a dominant LT or pass rusher isnt there.
The values are insane up there.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I think Mayfield is going higher than what some mocks say. I think he is becoming the media choice. Saying all the right things and being impressive in workouts.
I agree...and I even think he could go 1 to Cleveland realistically. I think they fell in love with him already. I think he's the real deal and exactly what that town/franchise needs...an infusion of talent and swag at the QB position. The kids a winner and he's by no means Johnny Manziel off the field. He truly believes is his ability to lead others. Something Cleveland hasn't had since Bernie Kosar! lol...I THINK Cleveland will hit pay dirt at 1 with Mayfield then come back in a couple picks and land Barkley. Two plug and play studs for that offense day 1. The giants seem honed in on Nelson/Chubb/Rosen. The Jets like Allen...so I think they had to jump ahead of Denver and give up more than they wanted. It makes sense. That leaves Denver in a weird slot.They might have to actually move up to get a QB they want.

cjlopez

Reaction score
NYG are going after Barkley!!! I’m saying here again. Mark my words!!! Bank on it!!!!

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The jets overpaid for that pick. The 3rd pick is valued at 2200 points. The 6th, 37th and 49th pick is valued at 2540 points. Then add in next year second round pick (say the middle of the round 16th pick) would be 420 points. This adds up to 2960 points. That's enough to go up to the first pick. The jets gave up an additional 760 points in this deal. The GM better hope he picks a hall of famer QB or he most likely will be unemployed in a few years.

Oh, no. The dreaded generic trade chart that doesn't take into account many factors like state of your roster, position you're acquiring and strength of the draft.

It's meant as a guide not a holy grail.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
This is a trade for a QB. You don't give up that much and don't take a QB. How far will Barkley fall?

My guess is Rosen to Cleveland. Darnold to the Giants and Mayfield to the Jets.

I think Cleveland will take Barkley 4 and Bills will move into 5 for Allen

mardwin

Reaction score
How committed are the Giants to drafting a QB at #2?

The Bills fans are already throwing a tantrum over what the Jets did.

For the Bills to move up to #2 it will cost a lot.

It will cost them their 2 #1's for this year. The giants will jump on that in a heart beat.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
How committed are the Giants to drafting a QB at #2?

The Bills fans are already throwing a tantrum over what the Jets did.

For the Bills to move up to #2 it will cost a lot.
Luckily for them they have alot.

Also what grade do they have on Allen if Mayfield is the Jets guy. Cleveland may move out of 4 for the right package

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
I don’t see the Giants moving down unless it’s with CLE at 4. BUF with 12 and 22 simply doesn’t have the draft capital to move up unless they provide a bunch of future 1’s. On paper, nabbing more 2’s and 3’s look good, but they are low 2’s and 3’s.

The NYG and CLE swap could be interesting. CLE takes their QB at 1, takes Barkley at 2, Jets get their QB and NYG take Chubb. Or, quite simply, Giants will take whomever at 4 that is a non-QB that they know that CLE doesn’t want since Jets are a virtual lock for QB.

NYG is stuck at 2 unless CLE is willing or BUF is so desperate that they mortgage their future.

Swanny

Reaction score

My guess is Rosen to Cleveland. Darnold to the Giants and Mayfield to the Jets.

I think Cleveland will take Barkley 4 and Bills will move into 5 for Allen
You think they invest a high pick on a RB with Carlos Hyde there? I see them going oline. I actually want to watch the Browns next year. They should be a good young team

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It will cost them their 2 #1's for this year. The giants will jump on that in a heart beat.

To move from 12 to 2 this year it would take both #1's this year and next year's, plus some additional picks.

fishspill

Reaction score
This is all due to what Wentz and Goff showed. So many questioned the picks before the draft and now one of those teams has a SB trophy and one looks set for the next decade at QB.

I’m just praying Dak pulls his head out of his rear this year or the club has enough sense not to invest heavily in him.