Jets may be interested in P. Manning for OC; DAL should be bidding

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Really, REALLY far-fetched
Like .01% (or 1 in 10000) odds, imo
And longer odds to Dallas.
I don't want Manning as OC but this notion that he couldn't coach Dak because Manning was a pocket passer is absurd. Just because someone played a certain way doesn't mean he can't coach. Knowing how to do something and actually doing it are 2 different things.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
I don't want Manning as OC but this notion that he couldn't coach Dak because Manning was a pocket passer is absurd. Just because someone played a certain way doesn't mean he can't coach. Knowing how to do something and actually doing it are 2 different things.
I think it's more the notion that he even wants to coach. This hysteria came about because he picked up his phone when called to give a reference. :lmao:

DFWJC

Reaction score
I'm not in on that conversation about Dak.

Just saying Manning as an OC...period..this year seems next to impossible. And even more I,possible for him with Dallas, if that is even possible. Not due to Dak, but because if he's going to give his time it would be to teams he more ties to.

I could see him being a QB consultant somewhere though. Almost expect it with the Gase ties.

InTheZone

Reaction score
You want to hire someone that would expose our QB for what he is, pfff who do you think you are!

Would be hilarious to read all the P. Manning sucks threads

Insomniac

Reaction score
I can't imagine that Peyton Manning would want to work the hours NFL assistant coaches do even for double or triple the pay of the next highest paid coordinator. Why not make the same money to be on one of the pregame shows?

ghst187

Reaction score
If he was such a genius why could he only muster 1 “real” Super Bowl win

That’s one more than we’ve even been to in 20+ years and he has 3 total appearances.
He’s probably have several more but for the NE Tom Bradys

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I'm not in on that conversation about Dak.

Just saying Manning as an OC...period..this year seems next to impossible. And even more I,possible for him with Dallas, if that is even possible. Not due to Dak, but because if he's going to give his time it would be to teams he more ties to.

I could see him being a QB consultant somewhere though. Almost expect it with the Gase ties.
I agree with you

rynochop

Reaction score
Silliness..Peyton pays more in taxes than he'd make as a coach. He probably makes more off those dumb Nationwide commercials

Hardline

Reaction score
Look at the bright side. We could see our OC during commercials singing the Nationwide insurance song and Brad Paisley could be on the sidelines with his guitar every game.
Screen-Shot-2017-07-14-at-7.34.10-AM-950x643.png

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Look at the bright side. We could see our OC during commercials singing the Nationwide insurance song and Brad Paisley could be on the sidelines with his guitar every game.
Screen-Shot-2017-07-14-at-7.34.10-AM-950x643.png
Oh great, now people will start floating Bard Paisley's name as our next possible OC.......... o_O

Reaction score
Then that's an incredible stretch.

Sorry, but the truth is that the networks can't even get Manning to work 3 days a week for half the year in a broadcast booth. For anyone to think that he would instead take less money to go to the never-ending grind of coaching, for less money?

An epic reach.
I don't see Manning coaching. He still has young kids and coaching has a massive time commitment.

As I understand it, he turned down the broadcast gig because he didn't want to do Giants games and critique his brother. He may go back to it when Eli retires

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Man, I guess right up towards the end of his playing days, he was about the #1 premier footballish film& play studying kinda stickler geek, he's definitely got the innate competitiveness in him that would probably mesh& meld quite well with KRIS RICHARDS running the other side of the ball :starspin:

* He'd bring an infusion of attack style football to this offense thats been,,,er,,, well,,, pretty much NONEXISTENTo_O

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think Peyton Manning would make an excellent coach.

I am a bit surprised he would want the job though. He must really miss the game.

The title of the thread is misleading. None of the articles from the links in the OP Indicate he is interested in coaching.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Adam Gase.

They're close.

Manning called the Jets ownership and recommended Gase; it was a big part of the reason they were confident in going with him.
The idea is a derivative of the fact that Manning was the guy who picked up the phone and convinced the Jets that Gase was the man for the HC job.

None of this means he wants to coach.

cern

Reaction score
peyton is the original "show me the money" guy in the nfl. can't imagine him doing anything on the cheap. he'll need to be the highest paid oc in the nfl if he takes such a position.