Jets trade 6th overall and 3 second rounders to move up 3 spots!

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Don't worry..I think Darnolds release and technique doesn't translate well at the pro level...its Kerry Collins-like...not that he will be a bust,but the last thing we should be concerned about is Darnold going to the Giants. He's not that great honestly.

I hope they take him honestly. As opposed to them getting Nelson or Barkley.

Rayman70

Reaction score
if the browns take mayfield then this works out even better for the jets and terrible for Dallas. I really dont want darnold succeeding manning.
Mayfield can start day 1...none of the other touted QB'S can as of this year. I feel Mayfield is mentally and physically ahead of them.

AzorAhai

Reaction score
I think its more about this year with those guys. Kicking the tires on Bridgewater and stability with McCown. I think Bridgewater can play in this league........but you have to make this move if its a qb. No way they aren't drafting qb trading all of that. They better pray Bridgewater is good enough and plays well so they can get some of these picks back at a later time.
Best they can probably get is a 3rd round comp pick. He’s only there on a one year deal.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Bridgewater is fine. Hasnt played in a while though.

If the jets and giants both get QB's at 2 and 3 at the draft in Dallas that is going to be pretty wild. Maybe the jets like barkley though?

fwiw I would take darnold right now and play him over Dak
WOW

Vero_F250

Reaction score
Jets traded three second round picks, two this year, one next year, to move from 6th to 3rd in the first round.

Im all about moving up in this draft but that is ridiculous, Indy scored
We sucked the wrong year...

:banghead:

Rayman70

Reaction score
Possible rosen also. Those guys can throw the football.

Would take either of them.
Rosen is a cross between Eli Manning and Goff. Somewhere in between. If the Giants want a safe pick at QB,they should go Rosen...if they just want a clean safe player,period...they should go Nelson. If they want nasty sack artist,CHUBB. I think its gonna be Chubb or Rosen at 2. I think we can eliminate Nelson at 2 after the Gmen signed Solder for big money to play LT.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Thats just crazy. You can build a SB contending team without a HOF QB. They had better get the right qb.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Thats just crazy. You can build a SB contending team without a HOF QB. They had better get the right qb.
Its hard to quantify these days what a HOF QB is. I don't think we have any hall of famer potential in this years group except for Allen...he will be boom or bust. Now if we are talking pro ready and great fits..its Mayfield right now. The Jets apparently know something about those top 2 teams choosing ahead of them that we don't. Like you said...they better get it right.I think they want Allen.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Bridgewater is fine. Hasnt played in a while though.

If the jets and giants both get QB's at 2 and 3 at the draft in Dallas that is going to be pretty wild. Maybe the jets like barkley though?

fwiw I would take darnold right now and play him over Dak.
You'd take a guy who hasn't done it over a guy who has done it?

AzorAhai

Reaction score
It will be worth it if they find their guy.
Yeah of course. Even if they recoup nothing it’s worth it. You are nothing without a QB in this league. That’s why I laughed so hard at people saying trading up for Goff or Wentz was stupid and not worth it. There’s not really a cost that’s too high when you are trying to get your franchise QB. Identify your guy and go get him.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Good thing we barley BEAT the eagles backups with our starters. That fake 9-7 is legit yo

Rayman70

Reaction score
The iggles gave up a ton for Wentz...while I wouldn't put the kid in the Hall just yet...I would say they hit gold. Before that injury he was virtually unstoppable. I was in aw of the kid. If he can stay healthy...in 10 years or so he will be in the HOF. He needs to learn to slide though lol.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yeah of course. Even if they recoup nothing it’s worth it. You are nothing without a QB in this league. That’s why I laughed so hard at people saying trading up for Goff or Wentz was stupid and not worth it. There’s not really a cost that’s too high when you are trying to get your franchise QB. Identify your guy and go get him.

I was one of those guys because I thought Wentz would struggle earlier in his career due to playing at a small school and I just didn't think Goff was that good. I think the jury is still out on Goff but yeah I was wrong on both of those guys.