Jets trade 6th overall and 3 second rounders to move up 3 spots!

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The iggles gave up a ton for Wentz...while I wouldn't put the kid in the Hall just yet...I would say they hit gold. Before that injury he was virtually unstoppable. I was in aw of the kid. If he can stay healthy...in 10 years or so he will be in the HOF. He needs to learn to slide though lol.

Yeah he's not gonna make it if keeps taking the contact he's taking.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
A qb can be had at pick 6. thats a ton to give to move 3 spots.

Yeah but not everyone has these guys equal. They may feel one of them is special. I mean they have to if they traded all of this. This isn't about just settling for the guy nobody else wants.

Killerinstinct

Reaction score
Colts should trade back again. Just keep adding picks and build a roster off of one pick.

CowboyChris

Reaction score
the majority of Jets fans love the move citing they didn't have to give up any #1's

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
You'd take a guy who hasn't done it over a guy who has done it?

Yep. I would take a guy who throws the ball like darnold does and is only going to get better.

In two years he may put the mental element together with the way he throws the football.

I think Dak played his best season he probably ever will in 2016.

Verdict

Reaction score
I was one of those guys because I thought Wentz would struggle earlier in his career due to playing at a small school and I just didn't think Goff was that good. I think the jury is still out on Goff but yeah I was wrong on both of those guys.

Goff was much better this year but I'm still not sure he is the real deal.

Verdict

Reaction score
Yep. I would take a guy who throws the ball like darnold does and is only going to get better.

In two years he may put the mental element together with the way he throws the football.

I'm not including Dak in this conversation. I think the jury is still out on Dak.

I really see Darnold as an EPIC bust candidate. I wouldn't take him in the first round let alone the first overall pick.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Goff was much better this year but I'm still not sure he is the real deal.

Yeah he was much better but I'm not sure how good he is yet. Year 2 with McVey will be a true test to him. I just have to see it one more year. I think I've seen enough of Wentz to know what he's going to be int his league.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

There have been plenty of guys who can throw the football well (Jamarcus Russell, Brandon Weeden) to go and suck in the pros. But you're entitled to your opinion. I see nothing special about Darnold but thankfully he's going to be someones else problem to develop and not ours. Hopefully anyway. Can't put anything past this front office anymore.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I'm not including Dak in this conversation. I think the jury is still out on Dak.

I really see Darnold as an EPIC bust candidate. I wouldn't take him in the first round let alone the first overall pick.

I do as well. I just think developing quarterbacks in this league is much tougher than it seems. I think because of Goff and Wentz last year and Dak before that....people forget that these young qb's aren't translating well into the pros. Darnold seems like a prime candidate to do the same.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Jets traded three second round picks, two this year, one next year, to move from 6th to 3rd in the first round.

Im all about moving up in this draft but that is ridiculous, Indy scored
Of note. We dropped 3 places in draft positioning due to our "morale boosting" and meaningless win against the Eagles in week 17.

Many people derided fans who were upset at the win.

Three. Second. Round. Picks. For. Three. Spots.

Now middle of the round you don't get that kind of premium... But we absolutely lost value due to a stupid win. Sure we had no hand in the outcome but it'd another lesson in what we SHOULD have been hoping for as fans.