Jim Harbaugh time management

cml750

Reaction score
Thinking out loud here, does anyone know how many times Harbaugh has taken his teams to the playoffs in his three years in San Francisco?

Despite terrible gaffes and miscues like the one mentioned here.

Anyone know?

:rolleyes:

He should be fired before tomorrow morning!!!!;)

Flinger

Reaction score
Thinking out loud here, does anyone know how many times Harbaugh has taken his teams to the playoffs in his three years in San Francisco?

Despite terrible gaffes and miscues like the one mentioned here.

Anyone know?

:rolleyes:

First - tell us how many defensive players played for the 49ers and Harbaugh this year and last year....

rcaldw

Reaction score
You guys are hilarious. The reaction is so predictable its fun. Open the dog pound, turn on the light, and listen to the yapping start that will continue for the next few hours. The point was a simple one. You guys act like Garrett is the only one who has clock management issues in the game of pro football. It has been demonstrated in multiple, highly visible, highly important (most important, right?... playoff games), that it happens to all of them.

Point was simple. Point was made. Now I'll turn off the light, walk out of the dog pound, and let you yap some more for the next few hours. gnite.

slomoxn

Reaction score
I don't care about other teams' coaches either, and believe me, I don't want to see us make the same mistakes over and over again. But at the same time, watching and observing other teams, specifically these playoff teams, can add perspective. We have members of this fan base who literally act like Garrett's the worst coach in the league, and the only one to make these types of mistakes. In the last 2 days we watched 2 SB caliber coaches make AWFUL game management choices. It's not excusable, but it happens to the best of'em.

Well, he is a pretty bad HC and I say this as a person excited when they hired him.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You guys are hilarious. The reaction is so predictable its fun. Open the dog pound, turn on the light, and listen to the yapping start that will continue for the next few hours. The point was a simple one. You guys act like Garrett is the only one who has clock management issues in the game of pro football. It has been demonstrated in multiple, highly visible, highly important (most important, right?... playoff games), that it happens to all of them.

Point was simple. Point was made. Now I'll turn off the light, walk out of the dog pound, and let you yap some more for the next few hours. gnite.

You should run like a scalded dog from this nonsense.

There was no 'point'.

Nothing was 'made', other than the fact that some fans will go to pathetic, embarrassing lengths in an attempt to excuse the ineptitude of this franchise.

You should run far from this embarrassment and try to pretend that it never happened.

You know, just like you do with every mistake the Cowboys make.

rcaldw

Reaction score
You should run like a scalded dog from this nonsense.

There was no 'point'.

Nothing was 'made', other than the fact that some fans will go to pathetic, embarrassing lengths in an attempt to excuse the ineptitude of this franchise.

You should run far from this embarrassment and try to pretend that it never happened.

You know, just like you do with every mistake the Cowboys make.

Sorry. Much rhetoric, zero force. There was a point, it is a clear one, you just don't like it, nor do you care.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sorry. Much rhetoric, zero force. There was a point, it is a clear one, you just don't like it, nor do you care.

Any point you were attempting to make failed.

Badly.

Any comparison of Garrett to an actually successful coach is a recipe for failure.

Hang your head in shame.

:(

rcaldw

Reaction score
Any point you were attempting to make failed.

Badly.

Any comparison of Garrett to an actually successful coach is a recipe for failure.

Hang your head in shame.

:(

Apparently it didn't fail. We are talking about it. The point was made. No shame here stasharoo. If folks want to pile on Garrett let them find a real issue, not his "apparent" game management issues (I say apparent because they are exaggerated by many), because they ALL have them.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Apparently it didn't fail. We are talking about it. The point was made. No shame here stasharoo.

Nobody is seriously discussing the topic because it has no merit. The comments were hammering it for the reach that it was.

If folks want to pile on Garrett let them find a real issue, not his "apparent" game management issues (I say apparent because they are exaggerated by many), because they ALL have them.

Despite your fingers over your eyes, I'm sure you couldn't help but see the actual reason for the timeout being called, and it having absolutely, positively, nothing to do with Harbaugh's abilities as a coach.

A game which his team actually proved capable of winning by the way, also likely not occurring to you.

This weak attempt to try to justify Garrett's repeated gaffes is embarrassing.

Get back to us when Harbaugh is getting schooled in coaching by Joe Buck. Then we may have something to talk about.

You can try to find whatever excuses you want for this team's ineptitude, some people feel it is an obligation of being a fan, just don't expect any of us to buy it.

rcaldw

Reaction score
Nobody is seriously discussing the topic because it has no merit. The comments were hammering it for the reach that it was.

Despite your fingers over your eyes, I'm sure you couldn't help but see the actual reason for the timeout being called, and it having absolutely, positively, nothing to do with Harbaugh's abilities as a coach.

A game which his team actually proved capable of winning by the way, also likely not occurring to you.

Get back to us when Harbaugh is getting schooled in coaching by Joe Buck. Then we may have something to talk about.

You can try to find whatever excuses you want for this team's ineptitude, some people feel it is an obligation of being a fan, just don't expect any of us to buy it.

Fella, you can be 100% sure, 100%, that I don't care whether you or anyone else "buys" it. My point had nothing to do with whether it was actually Harbaugh's fault or not. I've seen innumerable posts on this forum trashing Garrett that had ZERO basis in fact. Truth is, they had to burn their 2nd time out of the 2nd half, in the biggest game of their season so far, in the 3rd quarter. If those same exact things had happened in a Cowboys game, for the exact same reason, anyone who denies that we would have had a long thread about it here bashing Garrett, is a liar.

My point is the hypocrisy of it all. My views aren't determined by you or anyone else. Enjoy your view. Hope it enriches your life :)

blindzebra

Reaction score

Despite your fingers over your eyes, I'm sure you couldn't help but see the actual reason for the timeout being called, and it having absolutely, positively, nothing to do with Garrett's abilities as a coach.

Fixed it for you to show you the point.

visionary

Reaction score
My point had nothing to do with whether it was actually Harbaugh's fault or not.
My point is the hypocrisy of it all.

i can see the back-tracking skid marks from here
next time, wait to get the information so you wont look so silly

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Fella, you can be 100% sure, 100%, that I don't care whether you or anyone else "buys" it. My point had nothing to do with whether it was actually Harbaugh's fault or not. I've seen innumerable posts on this forum trashing Garrett that had ZERO basis in fact. Truth is, they had to burn their 2nd time out of the 2nd half, in the biggest game of their season so far, in the 3rd quarter. If those same exact things had happened in a Cowboys game, for the exact same reason, anyone who denies that we would have had a long thread about it here bashing Garrett, is a liar.

Here's the part you choose to ignore. You act as if all other things are equal when they are the farthest thing from it. You put a completely under serving head coach in the same realm as one who has actually earned his job, one who has actually accomplished something. Harbaugh has actually built up some equity to atone for possible gaffes, of which your attempted example was not one.

And the other point you try and fail to ignore - Harbaugh's team won the game! An actual, real-life playoff game! One they performed well enough to qualify for in the first place!

Everything else is noise!

My point is the hypocrisy of it all. My views aren't determined by you or anyone else. Enjoy your view. Hope it enriches your life :)

And you keep yours.

Keep making excuses for a failure head coach, a failure GM, and a failure of a franchise.

Just keep the nonsense to yourself next time.

rcaldw

Reaction score
i can see the back-tracking skid marks from here
next time, wait to get the information so you wont look so silly

lol... Not back tracking an inch. Not going to repeat myself again, I've already said what I said, why I said it. Sometimes I think you folks have a hard time understanding a point that has a limited scope, with a limited purpose. It is actually very simple. Andy Reid, Jim Harbaugh, timeouts issues, on back to back days, in the biggest games of the year..... it happens. Their fault, others fault, your fault, my fault, makes no difference. If Garrett does it we have a multiple page thread on the issue. Do you deny that? You would probably be the first one to post it. Would it make a difference the circumstances surrounding it for the death to Garrett crowd? Surely you don't expect us to believe that.

rcaldw

Reaction score
Here's the part you choose to ignore. You act as if all other things are equal when they are the farthest thing from it. You put a completely under serving head coach in the same realm as one who has actually earned his job, one who has actually accomplished something. Harbaugh has actually built up some equity to atone for possible gaffes, of which your attempted example was not one.

And the other point you try and fail to ignore - Harbaugh's team won the game! An actual, real-life playoff game! One they performed well enough to qualify for in the first place!

Everything else is noise!

And you keep yours.

Keep making excuses for a failure head coach, a failure GM, and a failure of a franchise.

Just keep the nonsense to yourself next time.

lol... I'll keep my view, and I'll keep stating it right here... someone has to tell the truth, and I'm happy to do it.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
lol... Not back tracking an inch. Not going to repeat myself again, I've already said what I said, why I said it. Sometimes I think you folks have a hard time understanding a point that has a limited scope, with a limited purpose. It is actually very simple. Andy Reid, Jim Harbaugh, timeouts issues, on back to back days, in the biggest games of the year..... it happens. Their fault, others fault, your fault, my fault, makes no difference. If Garrett does it we have a multiple page thread on the issue. Do you deny that? You would probably be the first one to post it. Would it make a difference the circumstances surrounding it for the death to Garrett crowd? Surely you don't expect us to believe that.

Again, they have actual accomplishments and equity built up for any 'mistakes' you try to grasp for.

Garrett?

None.

Everything else is a weak attempt for excuses.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
lol... I'll keep my view, and I'll keep stating it right here... someone has to tell the truth, and I'm happy to do it.

Yeah, 'the truth'.

You keep spouting nonsense, and I'll keep hammering it for the drivel it is.