Jimmy Johnson back in the fold? (Update Post 106)

Status
Not open for further replies.

J_Allen

Reaction score
Are you freaking kidding me! That's the best news we've had since 1994.

Cowboysfandarin

Reaction score
Don’t forget, while Jimmy Johnson was a great coach. He was even better at analyzing talent. For a while, he couldn’t pick wrong even if he tried. I don’t know if that’s still there two decades later, but if it is you better get him in the loop. He’s the reason the 92/93 Cowboys Back ups were better than most teams starters.

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score
This is either a lie or Jerry ignored his advice. No way Jimmy told him to run it all back again.

Rayman70

Reaction score
They been talking for decades but now I think its more team related...brass tax. I feel Jerry is legit trying to listen but the issue with Jerry is, he listens to too many guys. Too many chiefs and not 1 plan.

btgboys41

Reaction score
Jerry delivering more fan food after another season ending in mass anger.

Coach Mac kept, upcoming Dak extension, and hiring of familiar faces. Jerry went all in to get a big endorsement of his stale recipe.

Jimmy would have cleaned house.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Maybe this is what Jerry meant by "all in" - the hiring of Jimmy Johnson
I think its a factor. Id love to be a fly on the wall. Wonder how close Jerry was to firing everyone after that loss. I think Jimmy talked Jerry off the ledge into keeping MM. Many of the new hires we made were McCarthy's. I bet Jimmy told Jerry to let MM help find the right guys. Which might be why, surprisingly, we didnt see Jerry or Stevie at the Zimmer Presser, but it was McCarthy and Zimmer. That was new right there. For the first time, I felt McCarthy wasn't being usurped by Jerry. This staff looks similar to the guys we had in the 1990's. For better or worse. I wonder if Jerry and Jimmy both made a few phone calls when they hired this staff.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Jerry delivering more fan food after another season ending in mass anger.

Coach Mac kept, upcoming Dak extension, and hiring of familiar faces. Jerry went all in to get a big endorsement of his stale recipe.

Jimmy would have cleaned house.
U might be right. Jimmy in his hayday would have cleaned house, right ,but this version of Jimmy J wouldn't have. I feel he is the one that talked him into not doing that. I think we let Joe Whitt Jr walk because they didnt want him here. Wonder if Jimmy had something to do with that? I was shocked we let him leave. Jimmy loves Zimmer. I think he endorsed it. Make no mistake, Jimmy has his handprint on a couple of these staff hires. Lets at least give Jerry some credit for FINALLY waking up from his Vodka induced slumber enough to talk to Jimmy. ALL IN is partly talking in depth to Jimmy. Will that equal wins?

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
It’s good news that two old buddies have patched up things after a long fallout, but Jimmy ain’t coming back. He’s got it too easy with his million+ dollar broadcast job for barely a half a year and fishing and spending time in the sun in Florida. He may offer his insights and “consulting” (used loosely) to Jerry but nothing more. Jimmy is like Parcells when it comes to working the game and he’s not looking to do that anymore.

Phamous

Reaction score
This is all just smoke and mirrors. Jerry and Stephen Jones are still gonna do whatever they want no matter what Jimmy advices. This is nothing more than a stunt to hype up the fan base and get us back on board after the debacle we had in the playoffs. They aren't fooling me one bit

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Make Jimmy the GM, if he wants it, and butt out. Of course, I wouldn't blame Jimmy if he turned such an offer down.

nyc-cowboy

Reaction score
Imo this is
Whatever role, no matter how minimal...
Consultant or any other title, if it involves using the Jimmy Johnson influence on football team philosophy...

I'm all in for that.
Hire him as whatever Jerry.
I dont know, Guys like Jimmy and Bill Parcells - their strength is that they know how to build players - they are hands on.

Neither one doesn't move the needle much as a consultant.

Kwyn

Reaction score
I would sign Baker Mayfield to a reasonable contract and put some serious pressure on Dak. Dak would wilt before the competition even started and demand a trade. Win-win.
Baker is going to stay in TB unless they just don’t want him, but they do.

btgboys41

Reaction score
U might be right. Jimmy in his hayday would have cleaned house, right ,but this version of Jimmy J wouldn't have. I feel he is the one that talked him into not doing that. I think we let Joe Whitt Jr walk because they didnt want him here. Wonder if Jimmy had something to do with that? I was shocked we let him leave. Jimmy loves Zimmer. I think he endorsed it. Make no mistake, Jimmy has his handprint on a couple of these staff hires. Lets at least give Jerry some credit for FINALLY waking up from his Vodka induced slumber enough to talk to Jimmy. ALL IN is partly talking in depth to Jimmy. Will that equal wins?
I hope you’re right. I believe that everything Jerry does is a calculation for the media and fans. We will see if in a couple months through the draft if Jimmy is asked about it and says he hasn’t had any comms with Jerry since Feb.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Makes me want to go back and find some clips from Jimmy talking about the Cowboys in the media over the last few months. Could provide some insight to what Jerry might be looking to do this offseason if Jimmy is really in his ear.
It would only be ones after he went into the ring.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
ok would this not mean jimmy said to bring MM back ?????
and to extend dak if that happens??
:omg:

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
C'mon, Jerald chap, was this advisory panel something you thought up and tossed at Jimmy Johnson?

Status
Not open for further replies.