Twitter: Jimmy throws Garrett under the bus

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Maybe Garrett is scouting out the next Dallas QB, we all know how the Jone's like to bring back failed baseball players and try to turn them into QB's.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Perception is reality. Regardless the circumstances, Garrett's attendance at the WS is not a good look.

I am not debating whether he needs a break - I will gladly concede that point. He of all people should know that his presence would be scrutinized. Why not take a hike in the mountains, go fishing, go anywhere but the WS.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Perception is reality. Regardless the circumstances, Garrett's attendance at the WS is not a good look.

I am not debating whether he needs a break - I will gladly concede that point. He of all people should know that his presence would be scrutinized. Why not take a hike in the mountains, go fishing, go anywhere but the WS.

Whatever gets him fired I'm all for it. I'm not sure what Jerry is waiting for, just fire him and move on man.

birdwells1

Reaction score
JG has always preached to his players to get away from football during the bye week. He is just following his own advice. Nothing wrong at all with it but I realize the habitual haters will have to field day with it. It's like raw meat for them.

The greats are obsessed with winning, Nick Saban says that he only enjoys his national championships for about 2 days then it's back to recruiting, for the greats there is no balance they are uneven people, for them to be successful then something in their personal life has to suffer. Driven people Jimmy Johnson, Jordan, Kobe, Rice, Manning, Brady, Belicheck, Parcells these guys are obsessed with winning and feared losing that's what made them successful. Do you think any of the people I named would ever be in LA at a dodgers game when they have a 3-4 record and haven't won a championship yet? None would. I don't none would be there with a 3-4 record and had won a championship.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
The greats are obsessed with winning, Nick Saban says that he only enjoys his national championships for about 2 days then it's back to recruiting, for the greats there is no balance they are uneven people, for them to be successful then something in their personal life has to suffer. Driven people Jimmy Johnson, Jordan, Kobe, Rice, Manning, Brady, Belicheck, Parcells these guys are obsessed with winning and feared losing that's what made them successful. Do you think any of the people I named would ever be in LA at a dodgers game when they have a 3-4 record and haven't won a championship yet? None would. I don't none would be there with a 3-4 record and had won a championship.
And all of those coaches took a break here and there.

HowardC

Romo was elite
Reaction score
Not defending anyone. I’ve said this year is judgement for Garrett. So far he’s failing. But I also am objective and in this case there’s nothing wrong with what he did. You are blinded by your hate and are unable to be objective. That’s all I’m saying.
Maybe I am blinded by hate. Sometimes you just have to embrace it...
latest

birdwells1

Reaction score
And all of those coaches took a break here and there.

If Saban or belicheck was coaching the Cowboys with a 3-4 record and just acquired a #1 wr that has to be put into the gameplan before the next game, do you think that they would be 1000 miles away at the Dodgers game? Find out what successful people do and do, find out what they don't do and don't.

Reactions: BAT

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Jason Garrett has a reputation as one of the hardest working head coaches in the NFL.

He is currently the Head Coach of the Cowboys because Jerry Jones wants it that way and he will continue to be Head Coach until Jerry decides differently. Therefore, isn't the criticism misplaced.

You can disagree with Jerry's decision to keep Jason Garrett and you can even continue to criticize Jason for the Cowboy's current mediocrity but I don't understand the animosity and personal attacks.

If the Cowboys were to experience a highly successful run then the greatest story would have been that an ex-Cowboy was at the helm of the organization. I share everyone's disapointment but I can't hate the guy.

You can't criticize a Head Coach for choosing to spend an evening during the bye watching a championship game, it's just wrong. And who knows? Maybe some type of inspiration will hit him that can be carried over to his team, the Cowboys.
For this ownership..

it's more about money than winning.

All you have to do is go to AT&T Stadium and The Star.

See the art work..take the tour.

Pay the money and go away.

Next.

My family sold our season tickets and will not go and spend on his parking and $10 hamburgers

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The optics of this only matter to the truly brain dead, or to people with an agenda in the first place. Admittedly, that’s a large group, but those guys couldn’t be any more against the coaching staff, anyway, so so what.

It’s not going to affect the players at all, or team ownership. If anything, Jerry’s happy the Cowboys are getting mentioned in a controversy in the bye week.

DallasInDC

Reaction score
So anybody watching The World Series?

Can't....I have a lot of work to do to prepare for this upcoming week. My team is depending on me to come through with my presentation to the executive committee. #focusonwinning

:D