Jimmy's influence

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Or you and many others are underrating it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At least I'm admitting I truthfully do not know. Don't see how anyone does at this point.
I mean it’s been written about by credible writers that there is no advisory board

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Tyron Smith
Tyler Biadasz
Dorance Armstrong
Donte Fowler
Neville Gallimore
Johnathan Hankins
Noah Igbinoghene
Tony Pollard
Soon to be Gallup
If I forgot anyone my apologies, please feel free to add

Looks like Jimmys advice is lighting some fire for once in a very long time and getting rid of some scraps.
Expiring contracts and big money to keep the good ones was the influence. Jimmy is fishing. Media would be all over this if Jimmy really had any influence or position.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
This past year(only one year) there was a steep drop off in average annual salary of QB's from 18 to 19th. 25M down to like 13M.

Last night I almost deep dove into how many of the low cost vet and rook QB's have produced the past 5 years and if the production is worth taking a risk on...but I got lazy and didnt do it.

I dont remember seeing many vet names that popped out that I would take a flier on. It seemed like it was 1st round pick rook contracts like CJ Stroud at 9M per.

I think finding one of the bus driving vets at 25M to 35M is harder(Im sure they come on the market often but get gobbled up quick) than finding one under 13M. I havent revisited the site I was looking at last night...but Garner Minshew was the only name under 13M that stuck out to me.

Curious is Jimmy would prefer to roll with Dak or reset with a cheap bus driver.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I think we're all hopeful Jimmy is in Jerry's ear right now, but I think it's mostly wishful thinking.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
I think we're all hopeful Jimmy is in Jerry's ear right now, but I think it's mostly wishful thinking.
I dont know who the close confidants are to the Jones/McClay circle or what kind of influence they reach out to.

Taking Jerry's age into consideration...and assuming is really does want to win again...I wouldnt be surprised if he reached out to Aikman, Moose, Woodson, Jimmy, others about what they think he should do if he decided to do/try something different/drastic.

Aikman, Jimmy seem to be comfortable making touch decisions and not letting emotions or what people think of them get in they way. Moose and Woodson seem very sharp too. Moose interviews are always good listens. Moose is like part GM of a minor league team, Aikman has said he has thought about getting into FO positions to become a GM one day.

I like Dak, I understands Dak and his agents point of view with increasing cap and accounting tricks, but if they are unwilling to be reasonable in negotiations, and maybe they already know that, it might be time to ask Jimmy how he would go about tearing down or slight rebuild and which players would he get rid of.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Expiring contracts and big money to keep the good ones was the influence. Jimmy is fishing. Media would be all over this if Jimmy really had any influence or position.
Thought you would have more Insite coach then this, you know and see exactly the elevation on current team talent is, if you are a coach with that vision then you already see it, and saw it.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thought you would have more Insite coach then this, you know and see exactly the elevation on current team talent is, if you are a coach with that vision then you already see it, and saw it.
I'm not there, so I won't pretend to know, but my guess is that Jimmy doesn't really have much say in it. If he had an official position, I don't think he would still be employed by FOX.
I haven't seen any elevation of talent yet, and unless Jimmy can fix our cap issues, I don't expect much.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I'm not there, so I won't pretend to know, but my guess is that Jimmy doesn't really have much say in it. If he had an official position, I don't think he would still be employed by FOX.
I haven't seen any elevation of talent yet, and unless Jimmy can fix our cap issues, I don't expect much.
Jimmy suggestion influence has already taken place, just think if he was formally announced on the pay roll, Jerry wouldn't be able to handle the conflict...lol

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jimmy suggestion influence has already taken place, just think if he was formally announced on the pay roll, Jerry wouldn't be able to handle the conflict...lol
Yup... Jerry would want the credit and Jimmy would get pissed off. De Javu all over again! Lol

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Yup... Jerry would want the credit and Jimmy would get pissed off. De Javu all over again! Lol
They should have created their own reality show, The JJ show...
Lock them up in a nice malibu spread right on the beach and just watch how much money they could make...lol

tm1119

Reaction score
Fans are so desperate that they are stringing together conspiracy theories to justify the Jones’ incompetence.

It’s been 28 years now…I think that’s more than enough of a sample size to get a grip on reality. We are fans of a team that has quite possibly the worst ownership in all of sports.

kumizi

Reaction score
The cowboys went all in last year. They traded for Cooks and Gilmore. Thats something they never do. And the result was getting absolutely embarrassed by the Packers in the playoffs.

This team is nowhere close to being a SB contender. The organization realizes that. Doesn’t make sense to burn cap space or picks on short term fixes.

If Jimmy is the one that gave Jerry that dose of reality, good.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Fans are so desperate that they are stringing together conspiracy theories to justify the Jones’ incompetence.

It’s been 28 years now…I think that’s more than enough of a sample size to get a grip on reality. We are fans of a team that has quite possibly the worst ownership in all of sports.
Yes you nailed it and we sit around going crazy and the fans that pay attention to the point that we should be committed for just the notion that Jones ever make a smart move....lol

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
This past year(only one year) there was a steep drop off in average annual salary of QB's from 18 to 19th. 25M down to like 13M.

Last night I almost deep dove into how many of the low cost vet and rook QB's have produced the past 5 years and if the production is worth taking a risk on...but I got lazy and didnt do it.

I dont remember seeing many vet names that popped out that I would take a flier on. It seemed like it was 1st round pick rook contracts like CJ Stroud at 9M per.

I think finding one of the bus driving vets at 25M to 35M is harder(Im sure they come on the market often but get gobbled up quick) than finding one under 13M. I havent revisited the site I was looking at last night...but Garner Minshew was the only name under 13M that stuck out to me.

Curious is Jimmy would prefer to roll with Dak or reset with a cheap bus driver.
My friend yes you got extremely lazy, you can be a total bum QB in this league today and make top money.
Ryan Leaf would have loved playing in this era of bum cash.