JJ on Dak: Watch what he does, not what he says

Flamma

Reaction score
If they truly believed any of this, they would have had Dak's extension done prior to free agency. They would have supported him with signing Tyron back for peanuts, getting an RB1 and some help at DT. It could have been done easily, all of it...

But they don't believe it. They don't believe Dak is the guy anymore. They have felt this roster was good enough the past 2 years to win a SB, and they rightfully feel we didn't get there because of Dak. "We will go as far as Dak takes us," and "“Dak has done nothing to change my mind [about] any promise for the future. …We will go as far as Dak takes us. And that’s how far we went.”
I agree with you that they believe this, because how could they be wrong? I'm not big Dak fan. You won't be seeing me slap up stats and remind people of Dak almost winning MVP last season. I get tired of hearing that crap.

But if this is the way the front office thinks, we should all be concerned. They believe we had a team good enough? Even though they did nothing to improve, or build upon the previous season? They treat the offseason like they are amateurs and expect the QB to make up for it? How about they do their part? Do they not see what the Eagles and 49ers are doing? That's why the Eagles and 49ers are in super bowls and championship games. Not because their QBs are great. The Jones boys have to be the dumbest duo in the league. What the Jones boys do is provide someone with a hacksaw instead of a chainsaw to cut down a tree. Then complain it is taking too long. It's absolutely mental!

Dak is not a hall of fame QB. He's at best a good regular season QB. They expect that to win a SB when they put no effort into supporting him? Just build through the draft and expect this QB to take you........where?

Unless Dallas happens upon a Patrick Mahomes type QB they will never get to another SB using that crap SOP they use.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Jerry can talk all he wants about "hanging around the rim" and saying "Dak can win a Super Bowl."

But the bottom line is, the actions of this front office do not reflect that there is a strong belief in any of that.

If they truly believed any of this, they would have had Dak's extension done prior to free agency. They would have supported him with signing Tyron back for peanuts, getting an RB1 and some help at DT. It could have been done easily, all of it...

But they don't believe it. They don't believe Dak is the guy anymore. They have felt this roster was good enough the past 2 years to win a SB, and they rightfully feel we didn't get there because of Dak. "We will go as far as Dak takes us," and "“Dak has done nothing to change my mind [about] any promise for the future. …We will go as far as Dak takes us. And that’s how far we went.”

There's a saying that when someone shows you who they are, believe them. Well I think Jerry now believes what his eyes have been telling him, and I believe what my eyes are telling me about how this FO feels about Dak as the QB of the Cowboys.

They will continue to string things along, keeping the drama alive...will they, won't they? Keeping the talking heads talking Cowboys and the conversation about if Dak is good enough being argued back and forth on every radio and TV show.

But at the end of the day, any steps they could have taken to support their luke warm endorsements of Dak as the QB of this team have been ignored, the biggest one being getting him signed to a contract.
You just don't get it.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I really feel the only reason MM wasn't kicked to the curb was they want to see if he can work some magic with Lance. He's a great QB coach. I think the conversation was had after the season finale that if Lance looks great in preseason and TC, and if Dak struggles this year at all and can't play well against some tough teams, he is going to the bench and Mike will be judged on what happens after that with Lance.

Why else would they have kept him after that mess.
This doesn’t make any sense. If Cowboys suck this year they will not bring back Mike.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I agree with you that they believe this, because how could they be wrong? I'm not big Dak fan. You won't be seeing me slap up stats and remind people of Dak almost winning MVP last season. I get tired of hearing that crap.

But if this is the way the front office thinks, we should all be concerned. They believe we had a team good enough? Even though they did nothing to improve, or build upon the previous season? They treat the offseason like they are amateurs and expect the QB to make up for it? How about they do their part? Do they not see what the Eagles and 49ers are doing? That's why the Eagles and 49ers are in super bowls and championship games. Not because their QBs are great. The Jones boys have to be the dumbest duo in the league. What the Jones boys do is provide someone with a hacksaw instead of a chainsaw to cut down a tree. Then complain it is taking too long. It's absolutely mental!

Dak is not a hall of fame QB. He's at best a good regular season QB. They expect that to win a SB when they put no effort into supporting him? Just build through the draft and expect this QB to take you........where?

Unless Dallas happens upon a Patrick Mahomes type QB they will never get to another SB using that crap SOP they use.
Even when Mahomes needed help they still built a team around him. They specifically focused on the trenches. But that’s always been my issue with this front office…they still feel they are innovative and they want to recreate the wheel. They are just so behind…..

Aven8

Reaction score
I don’t buy it. This is the same dude that kept JG around for 10 years. Even at the end he never fired him. He just let his contract run out.

Flamma

Reaction score
Even when Mahomes needed help they still built a team around him. They specifically focused on the trenches. But that’s always been my issue with this front office…they still feel they are innovative and they want to recreate the wheel. They are just so behind…..
No argument from me. I just don't believe there is another QB in this league that could have won a SB with the talent they had. Forget win one, even get there. Rodgers is a great QB, and he needs more help. One SB appearance in all of these years. GB did very little to support him all of these years. But we don't have Rodgers, we have Dak!

I'm not saying the Jones boys don't know what they are doing. But if they didn't know what they were doing, what would they do differently? Nothing.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
No argument from me. I just don't believe there is another QB in this league that could have won a SB with the talent they had. Forget win one, even get there. Rodgers is a great QB, and he needs more help. One SB appearance in all of these years. GB did very little to support him all of these years. But we don't have Rodgers, we have Dak!

I'm not saying the Jones boys don't know what they are doing. But if they didn't know what they were doing, what would they do differently? Nothing.
Nope. Too stubborn to do anything. They’ve been trying to convince us for 30 years they are football guys by counting All Pros and Pro Bowis. Even now with Dak. Whether you are pro Dak or anti….the guy is 30. A decision on him should’ve been made long before now. No one else runs their team so foolish. And for someone 80 years old I’m shocked he runs this team dragging his feet.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry can talk all he wants about "hanging around the rim" and saying "Dak can win a Super Bowl."

But the bottom line is, the actions of this front office do not reflect that there is a strong belief in any of that.

There's a saying that when someone shows you who they are, believe them. Well I think Jerry now believes what his eyes have been telling him, and I believe what my eyes are telling me about how this FO feels about Dak as the QB of the Cowboys.

They will continue to string things along, keeping the drama alive...will they, won't they? Keeping the talking heads talking Cowboys and the conversation about if Dak is good enough being argued back and forth on every radio and TV show.

But at the end of the day, any steps they could have taken to support their luke warm endorsements of Dak as the QB of this team have been ignored, the biggest one being getting him signed to a contract.
You don't want Dak anyway, so what's the problem? Is starting another Dak thread gonna make make him go away? None of us know what Jerry is thinking....all some pretend to know, is what they wish he's thinking.
My take is that Jerry wants Dak to give him a discount and for his sexual assault charges be dropped. Not, necessarily what I wish, just my guess.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You don't want Dak anyway, so what's the problem? Is starting another Dak thread gonna make make him go away? None of us know what Jerry is thinking....all some pretend to know, is what they wish he's thinking.
My take is that Jerry wants Dak to give him a discount and for his sexual assault charges be dropped. Not, necessarily what I wish, just my guess.
Where did I say I had a problem with it Ranch?

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
This doesn’t make any sense. If Cowboys suck this year they will not bring back Mike.
If by say week 8 we are 4-4 and Dak has looked like he normally does against good teams, gets benched, and the team catches fire with Lance, MM would have a chance to save his job.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
If by say week 8 we are 4-4 and Dak has looked like he normally does against good teams, gets benched, and the team catches fire with Lance, MM would have a chance to save his job.
If the team is 4-4 they would fire Mike first lol….i get you’re hoping for this but let’s step back and look at this realistically. When has Jerry done this? I guess maybe if Dak got hurt?

baltcowboy

Reaction score

The Cowboys could have offered Dak a $52 million a season contract and he would not agree to that. It takes two to tango. The Cowboys probably want Dak to take a Jalen Hurts type contract while Dak wants another short term deal. Contracts are not easy.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Oh he definitely believes it, thus all the "around the rim" stuff. Whether we agree is irrelevant. He does, and has made similar comments in the past. The comment about "that's how far we went" in regards to Dak, and now being here, without a contract....that's the proof in the pudding about how he feels.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
If the team is 4-4 they would fire Mike first lol….i get you’re hoping for this but let’s step back and look at this realistically. When has Jerry done this? I guess maybe if Dak got hurt?
Well guess we'll just have to see how it all shakes out I guess

McKDaddy

Reaction score
If MM is such a great coach, how come he hasn't been able to do anything with Dak? You can't turn poop into a diamond, and that's what MM has to work with.
In fairness though, Dak was ordained by the Jones's before MM arrived. He simply inherited a guy he can't move on from without their blessing.

Who knows what might have happened had he gone to an organization where the HC is actually in charge of the roster.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The Cowboys could have offered Dak a $52 million a season contract and he would not agree to that. It takes two to tango. The Cowboys probably want Dak to take a Jalen Hurts type contract while Dak wants another short term deal. Contracts are not easy.
If they felt he was an elite level SB QB, they would have hammered out his contract well in advance of free agency and it likely would have been in the 55 to 60 range. Bottom line, they don't think he's worth it. Good for them.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Dak had his best year under McCarthy. He is a good coach. Dak’s problems are between the ears. Guy sucks in the spotlight. Plus he is 30. What more can McCarthy do?
I agree. Mike has taken Dak as far as his talent allows. You can't fix the choke glitch though. And every year, that glitch gets worse because every year the noise gets louder and the pressure more intense.