JJ on Dak: Watch what he does, not what he says

khiladi

Reaction score
Jerry can talk all he wants about "hanging around the rim" and saying "Dak can win a Super Bowl."

But the bottom line is, the actions of this front office do not reflect that there is a strong belief in any of that.

If they truly believed any of this, they would have had Dak's extension done prior to free agency. They would have supported him with signing Tyron back for peanuts, getting an RB1 and some help at DT. It could have been done easily, all of it...

But they don't believe it. They don't believe Dak is the guy anymore. They have felt this roster was good enough the past 2 years to win a SB, and they rightfully feel we didn't get there because of Dak. "We will go as far as Dak takes us," and "“Dak has done nothing to change my mind [about] any promise for the future. …We will go as far as Dak takes us. And that’s how far we went.”

There's a saying that when someone shows you who they are, believe them. Well I think Jerry now believes what his eyes have been telling him, and I believe what my eyes are telling me about how this FO feels about Dak as the QB of the Cowboys.

They will continue to string things along, keeping the drama alive...will they, won't they? Keeping the talking heads talking Cowboys and the conversation about if Dak is good enough being argued back and forth on every radio and TV show.

But at the end of the day, any steps they could have taken to support their luke warm endorsements of Dak as the QB of this team have been ignored, the biggest one being getting him signed to a contract.
He also gave more credit for the offense improving to Mike McCarthy adjusting the offense than Dak. Jerry the qualified it for Dak by saying he continued to expects Dak to grow.

NotForLong

Reaction score
Yeah if you're Jerry you really have to look at it like your team underachieved last year especially with the gift of opportunity that the eagles gave them by imploding at the end of the season.
There's lots of blame to go around I put the great majority of it on the coach as the team was totally unprepared but the starting quarterback is going to assume more than his share of the blame because they always assume more than their share of the accolades when things go good so it is what it is.

If they had gone to the NFC championship game and lost by a walk-off field goal there's a good chance Jerry might have really gone all in pulled the stops out.got some free agents and tried to get us over the top.

But Jerry saw what we all saw nobody on that team that could seize the opportunity and unite the men to play above their heads and win against an inferior opponent that was well prepared.

Good chance he's just cutting his losses circle in the wagons and going to retool
Whole Team . . . Blah blah.. . Nobody stepped up . . . blah blah . . . everyone is at fault . . . blah blah . .. If . . If . . . If . . . gonna Retool . . . blah blah . . . not just Dak's fault . . . blah blah

Anyways back to reality . . . Dak is a lame duck because Dak is lame . . . which is not saying much for His fan boysh

Sorry but it has been 8 years of this rhetoric from Dak apologists and i can not hear it any more . . . Nothing but half truths and excuses while deflecting

NotForLong

Reaction score
If MM is such a great coach, how come he hasn't been able to do anything with Dak? You can't turn poop into a diamond, and that's what MM has to work with.
because no one can do anything with Dak . . . enough already

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I agree. Mike has taken Dak as far as his talent allows. You can't fix the choke glitch though. And every year, that glitch gets worse because every year the noise gets louder and the pressure more intense.
Completely true. I remember how McCarthy made Flynn a multi millionaire. Guy went to Seattle and did nothing. Guy can coach QBs. Dak is a choker.

Plus was McCarthy supposed to make tackles vs GB? Guy has done well despite the circus in Dallas.

khiladi

Reaction score
But they were putting
I don't think he's a great HC. He is great with QBs though...he managed to make Dak an all-pro for the first time (again, it was against the worst pass defense schedule in the league) but still...if he can get that much out of a 1 read QB...can't fix the choke glitch though
He dumbed down the offense for Dak. He also had to change it after they bye, after Dak was getting destroyed by everybody on live TV. I think that in part played a factor in guys taking it easier on Dak. But Dak returned to his old ways with the Bills. The Packers had enough tape by then to know what the offense was doing after the changes from the bye week.

NotForLong

Reaction score
Yeah whoever is going to be here you need them to be better prepared than that to lead men when you have an opportunity in front of you of that magnitude.

You can throw CD lamb in there with his body language and pouting he's no Michael Irvin or Drew Pearson but he thinks he's worth a king's Ransom.
Tremendous talent wasted because of a horrible culture lack of leadership and terrible preparation
You are unbelievable. Actually throwing CD under the Bus. It wasn't enough He carried Dak on His back. He is entitled to a little frustration running routes and having to catch Dak's balls

Whyjerry

Reaction score
But they were putting

He dumbed down the offense for Dak. He also had to change it after they bye, after Dak was getting destroyed by everybody on live TV. I think that in part played a factor in guys taking it easier on Dak. But Dak returned to his old ways with the Bills. The Packers had enough tape by then to know what the offense was doing after the changes from the bye week.
Defense lost that game. Offense didn’t help but they were down 2 scores in a blink of an eye. 48 points to GB? One of the worst coaching jobs I have ever seen. Quinn is a disaster.

CWR

Reaction score
Jerry can talk all he wants about "hanging around the rim" and saying "Dak can win a Super Bowl."

But the bottom line is, the actions of this front office do not reflect that there is a strong belief in any of that.

If they truly believed any of this, they would have had Dak's extension done prior to free agency. They would have supported him with signing Tyron back for peanuts, getting an RB1 and some help at DT. It could have been done easily, all of it...

But they don't believe it. They don't believe Dak is the guy anymore. They have felt this roster was good enough the past 2 years to win a SB, and they rightfully feel we didn't get there because of Dak. "We will go as far as Dak takes us," and "“Dak has done nothing to change my mind [about] any promise for the future. …We will go as far as Dak takes us. And that’s how far we went.”

There's a saying that when someone shows you who they are, believe them. Well I think Jerry now believes what his eyes have been telling him, and I believe what my eyes are telling me about how this FO feels about Dak as the QB of the Cowboys.

They will continue to string things along, keeping the drama alive...will they, won't they? Keeping the talking heads talking Cowboys and the conversation about if Dak is good enough being argued back and forth on every radio and TV show.

But at the end of the day, any steps they could have taken to support their luke warm endorsements of Dak as the QB of this team have been ignored, the biggest one being getting him signed to a contract.
That's adorable you believe our FO follows some type of logical, coherent thought process.

khiladi

Reaction score
You are unbelievable. Actually throwing CD under the Bus. It wasn't enough He carried Dak on His back. He is entitled to a little frustration running routes and having to catch Dak's balls
Lamb was catching strays before the bye week for demanding the ball. They listened to him in the bye and MM started force feeding him the ball.

Now he’s once again to blame..

khiladi

Reaction score
Defense lost that game. Offense didn’t help but they were down 2 scores in a blink of an eye. 48 points to GB? One of the worst coaching jobs I have ever seen. Quinn is a disaster.
Tell Dak to sustain drives and not turn the ball over, like his first year starting Qb opponent; who had 7 years less of real time game experience..

baltcowboy

Reaction score
If they felt he was an elite level SB QB, they would have hammered out his contract well in advance of free agency and it likely would have been in the 55 to 60 range. Bottom line, they don't think he's worth it. Good for them.
The Cowboys don’t think Dak is Mahomes but they believe he is a good quarterback that can take the team to the Super Bowl. Let’s stop with board and media crap. What is really going on is Dak(France) believes he is on Mahomes level and should be paid as such. The Cowboys are like ok Dak, prove it. Basically if Dak does not win the Super Bowl he will not resign here. I don’t think any animosity is between the two sides. Dak will be given 10 years to win the Super Bowl.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Tell Dak to sustain drives and not turn the ball over, like his first year starting Qb opponent; who had 7 years less of real time game experience..
Hah. I gave up on Dak. Believe me. That defense was swiss cheese from the start. That loss was on them mostly.

NotForLong

Reaction score
Lamb was catching strays before the bye week for demanding the ball. They listened to him in the bye and MM started force feeding him the ball.

Now he’s once again to blame..
It is a mental sickness.

Lamb was the one who should have been #2 in MVP voting. . . imagine how good CD will make Lance look if and when he gets his chance

Whyjerry

Reaction score
The Cowboys don’t think Dak is Mahomes but they believe he is a good quarterback that can take the team to the Super Bowl. Let’s stop with board and media crap. What is really going on is Dak(France) believes he is on Mahomes level and should be paid as such. The Cowboys are like ok Dak, prove it. Basically if Dak does not win the Super Bowl he will not resign here. I don’t think any animosity is between the two sides. Dak will be given 10 years to win the Super Bowl.
Do you really think they believe Dak is on that level? No one is that dishonest with themself.

Blackrain

Reaction score
Don't worry CD's Mommy will come drag him out from under the bus
What real man has his mommy running their mouth to social media about his quarterback.

Totally lost respect for him after that and his body language and pouting . HE'S NOT A LEADER!!!

You never saw Michael Irvin or Drew Pearson pouting on the sidelines like a little baby have the coach have to go over and pump them up in a big game.

TRUE MAMA'S BOY RIGHT THERE!!!

Blackrain

Reaction score
Whole Team . . . Blah blah.. . Nobody stepped up . . . blah blah . . . everyone is at fault . . . blah blah . .. If . . If . . . If . . . gonna Retool . . . blah blah . . . not just Dak's fault . . . blah blah

Anyways back to reality . . . Dak is a lame duck because Dak is lame . . . which is not saying much for His fan boysh

Sorry but it has been 8 years of this rhetoric from Dak apologists and i can not hear it any more . . . Nothing but half truths and excuses while deflecting
Swell another Dak hater that can't see anything else that's a problem on the team carry on.

Carry on with your short bus football acumen

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Do you really think they believe Dak is on that level? No one is that dishonest with themself.
Yes. Do you know what type of ego you need to be a professional quarterback? I am being nice, Dak thinks he is better. Let me put it to you this way, Lance probably believes if he was San Francisco quarterback instead of Purdy, they would have won the Super Bowl. These guys have supreme confidence.

NotForLong

Reaction score
Don't worry CD's Mommy will come drag him out from under the bus
What real man has his mommy running their mouth to social media about his quarterback.

Totally lost respect for him after that and his body language and pouting . HE'S NOT A LEADER!!!

You never saw Michael Irvin or Drew Pearson pouting on the sidelines like a little baby have the coach have to go over and pump them up in a big game.

TRUE MAMA'S BOY RIGHT THERE!!!
Lol. . . The madness of Dak got everyone frustrated. It us joke at this point. If it wasn't for Jerry this joke would be out of the league already. Only solace I can take at this point is the Fact Jerry still has to shell out all that money for his failed experiment

Cd's momma can say anything she wants, her boy made Dark an MVP candidate