Johnny Cocaine? Latest Vegas trip raises eyebrows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
So would you be OK with Romo is he was a user of hard drugs? Hell, people are pissed that he was playing soccer. lol
Yes, I don't care. Would I want to be best friends with him, no, but would I still root for him on Sundays just the same, absolulely.

If you're not OK with JFF, are you still a fan of Michael Irvin?

SDCowboy

Reaction score
Yes, I don't care. Would I want to be best friends with him, no, but would I still root for him on Sundays just the same, absolulely.

If you're not OK with JFF, are you still a fan of Michael Irvin?
I'm a fan, yes. Was I ok when the drug use, hell no...well I was a little kid when he played, but I wouldn't have been ok with it. lol The difference is, Irvin is an all time great. We have no clue what Manziel will be, if he starts. Even he he turns out to be great, I still wouldn't be ok with the drug use. I'm not arguing whether you should be a fan of them on the field or not.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I am just glad Jerry didn't drink the Kool Aid with this kid.

Kid is under a microscope 24/7 and this is just the tip of the ice berg with Johnny. Document the partying and Nonchalant attitude going into the season and then have an absolute field day when you have your first 3 int game of the season...

Yeah no kidding and he is with Cleveland just think if he was in Dallas the attention would be 10 fold. Romo wears and cap backwards and plays golf and people go crazy. lol

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
I'm a fan, yes. Was I ok when the drug use, hell no...well I was a little kid when he played, but I wouldn't have been ok with it. lol The difference is, Irvin is an all time great. We have no clue what Manziel will be, if he starts. Even he he turns out to be great, I still wouldn't be ok with the drug use. I'm not arguing whether you should be a fan of them on the field or not.
Well then I guess the argument has really nothing to do with JFF, b/c I'm never going to be friends with him, and I doubt you will be either lol

In general, I just don't care what people do unless its putting people at risk, regardless of its the garbage man or Cowboys QB.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Why should I care what he does in his personal life? Why should anyone?

because his personal life can interfere with is professional. All teams have to contend with losing players to injury but to lose a player due to suspension is very avoidable.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
because his personal life can interfere with is professional. All teams have to contend with losing players to injury but to lose a player due to suspension is very avoidable.
...I already said as much.

KDM256

Reaction score
I am not naïve to think that players are not using drugs in this league today. Hell some of the best Hall of Famers were Dopeheads. But a picture of your Franchise Quarterback aka the "Face of your program" with a rolled up dollar bill is NOT a good look for any organization.

Could you guys imagine ESPN, Yahoo, FOXSports, CNN, TMZ, hell even BET & MTV if this was the Cowboys??

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I am not naïve to think that players are not using drugs in this league today. Hell some of the best Hall of Famers were Dopeheads. But a picture of your Franchise Quarterback aka the "Face of your program" with a rolled up dollar bill is NOT a good look for any organization.

Could you guys imagine ESPN, Yahoo, FOXSports, CNN, TMZ, hell even BET & MTV if this was the Cowboys??

There will always be players who do drugs that is nothing new, I don't think it is the vast majority and like any other profession the action of some should not be relected on those who don't. It is like say because there are bad police officers that all are bad which is not the case.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Well then I guess the argument has really nothing to do with JFF, b/c I'm never going to be friends with him, and I doubt you will be either lol

In general, I just don't care what people do unless its putting people at risk, regardless of its the garbage man or Cowboys QB.

Quincy Carter agrees with you.

http://i34.***BLOCKED***/albums/d149/LewP/cowquincy.jpg

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I hate this. These idiots say this stuff as if it was ever in play.

It was, though. They might've traded out, but they had all offseason to debate what they were going to do if he fell to them. They didn't pull the trigger, but it's not because they didn't weigh their options.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

For someone who does not care...you sure do seem to care about what other people care about.

odd.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
It was, though. They might've traded out, but they had all offseason to debate what they were going to do if he fell to them. They didn't pull the trigger, but it's not because they didn't weigh their options.

I'm not saying options aren't weighed. I'm saying there is no scenario in which we would have selected him. Zero chance, no matter what they say (because they are liars in public). Trust me.

Status
Not open for further replies.