Johnny Cocaine? Latest Vegas trip raises eyebrows

Status
Not open for further replies.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm not saying options aren't weighed. I'm saying there is no scenario in which we would have selected him. Zero chance, no matter what they say (because they are liars in public). Trust me.

There was totally a chance. The progress of Romo's back rehab made it an option. If he was behind schedule in any form or fashion, Manziel or some other QB would be in play.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm not saying options aren't weighed. I'm saying there is no scenario in which we would have selected him. Zero chance, no matter what they say (because they are liars in public). Trust me.

There was totally a chance. The progress of Romo's back rehab made it an option. If he was behind schedule in any form or fashion, Manziel or some other QB would be in play.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
For someone who does not care...you sure do seem to care about what other people care about.

odd.
Its just for the sake of discussion.

...and not nothing, but I don't think I'm really the one who initially pushed the thread this way.

KDM256

Reaction score
For the people who bring up the 90s Cowboys, I get what your saying but you have to understand about now and back in the 90s. Technology & Information is at the palm of our hands and this is just a different monster than it was back then.

Media, Sports Talk, People with Camera Phones, Twitters, you name it, we have it. Back in the 90s, you wouldn't actually hear about this type of stuff until someone was busted by the police or the NFL suspended someone from substance abuse. This is not the case anymore, where the average fan probably gets the information before the organization does.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Its just for the sake of discussion.

...and not nothing, but I don't think I'm really the one who initially pushed the thread this way.

I don't care...or maybe I do...let me check...nope...don't care.

...maybe?

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score

Some other QB, yes (Garoppolo or Mettenberger). Truuust me there was zero chance of Manziel.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just because you say it, does not make it true. But then again I guess it depends on who you listen to.

Jerry Jones “No, frankly that [picking Manziel] wasn’t even a thought. This was such an obvious football, . . . decision.”

Or

Jerry Jones
Via the Dallas Morning News, Jones admitted it was “hard” passing Manziel, while speaking at an event honoring former Arkansas coach and athletic director Frank Broyles.

“Well, it was. Yes, it was,” Jones said. “First of all, I couldn’t believe he had fallen there. And secondly, we had spent a lot of time, I’d spent a lot of time. He’s the kind of player that can be that kind of difference-maker. There’s no doubt in my mind that he’ll be a successful player. We have in Romo what I consider to be the better quarterback. But there’s also the future, there’s also insurance if you don’t have him. If anybody could have adjusted to Manziel’s style, we could have because we’re a lot like that with Romo.”

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
This is definitely a time when Johnny did not have to show us the money.

He's just one who is going to do whatever he wants even if it's harmful.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
So would you be OK with Romo is he was a user of hard drugs? Hell, people are pissed that he was playing soccer. lol

This is child's play of what the 90s Cowboys were doing. But they won so no one really cared that much.

Remember the White House? What do you think went on in there?

JIMMYBUFFETT

Skinwalker
Reaction score
No, no, no, you can see the back side of the dollar bill. When you see the back side of the bill it's a sure sign of emergency tracheotomy. When you see the front side it's obvious cocaine use. What the camera man failed to capture in the picture was the poor slob laying on the floor with prime rib lodged deeply in his throat. Johnny Lifesaver!!!

dreghorn2

Original Zoner (he's a good boy!)
Reaction score
Is it wrong that everytime I see that pic I hear the sandford and son theme in my head?

Oh man, absolutely hilarious, that music combined with that photo.. awesome.

Probably is wrong though.. lol

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Supposedly this was in Austin. At a place called Rooftop on 6th St. Before they went to Vegas.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
He was also moonlighting as a bartender in Austin

0707-johnny-manziel-tmz-sports-2.jpg

Blackspider214

Reaction score
If he's not TABC certified, that could cause some liability issues for that bar.

Status
Not open for further replies.