Jon Gruden on Connor Cook

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I believe the Romans around here deny Carsus because of the hero worship of Staubach. They know the second Wentz is a Cowboy, Roger is thought of as sort of a fraud QB. Okay for his time but that was B.C. Before Carsus. Nobody cares. Nobody will remember. That threatens their fandom. They would have lived a lie all this time.

I know he's got two rings and you can equate that to two tablets but I think you'd be hard pressed to consider Staubach to even be Football Moses. That's probably Aikman, providing the tablets aren't too heavy for his back. Romo's Tony the Baptist. He arrived right before. I expect him to annoint Wentz in the days prior to the draft.

I guess you could say Roger is Noah. Navy guy. Builds an ark. Make sense. But I would equate him to more of a street preacher with questionable intentions.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
i saw this last night and it surprised me. You got to be careful what you take from Gruden. At times, he can be very critical in these interviews but it seems like the summary of each one is that he really likes the player. I don't think there is ever a negative conclusion at the end of these things. I would imagine if you were in his inner circle and off the record that you would get much more juicier opinions.

Although, bookmark this page. I can already see Dallas taking Cook in the second round and everyone throwing a party that Gruden called him potentially the best QB in the draft. It must be a great pick, who knows better, you the internet scout or John Gruden? Get ready for it :)

Yeah but this goes beyond just liking the player. He's saying he could be the best of the group.

Plankton

Reaction score
i saw this last night and it surprised me. You got to be careful what you take from Gruden. At times, he can be very critical in these interviews but it seems like the summary of each one is that he really likes the player. I don't think there is ever a negative conclusion at the end of these things. I would imagine if you were in his inner circle and off the record that you would get much more juicier opinions.

Although, bookmark this page. I can already see Dallas taking Cook in the second round and everyone throwing a party that Gruden called him potentially the best QB in the draft. It must be a great pick, who knows better, you the internet scout or John Gruden? Get ready for it :)

giphy.gif

HellCrowe

Reaction score
Lol! You're so creative.

Minus the arm strength right?

Well, inaccuracy and leadership skills wise definitely a Jay Cutler but a gamer and knows how to win. Just wanted to put my 2 cents with my first post. Here's 25 cents. Not my favorite qb in the draft but I'm not owing to cry about it if we pick him

Plankton

Reaction score
I believe the Romans around here deny Carsus because of the hero worship of Staubach. They know the second Wentz is a Cowboy, Roger is thought of as sort of a fraud QB. Okay for his time but that was B.C. Before Carsus. Nobody cares. Nobody will remember. That threatens their fandom. They would have lived a lie all this time.

I know he's got two rings and you can equate that to two tablets but I think you'd be hard pressed to consider Staubach to even be Football Moses. That's probably Aikman, providing the tablets aren't too heavy for his back. Romo's Tony the Baptist. He arrived right before. I expect him to annoint Wentz in the days prior to the draft.

I guess you could say Roger is Noah. Navy guy. Builds an ark. Make sense. But I would equate him to more of a street preacher with questionable intentions.

There was a story in Greek mythology about a chosen child being dipped in the river Styx by his mother, Thetis. Carson Wentz's mom was friends with Thetis, and brought young Carson to the river along with Thetis, and her son Achilles.

Thetis held her son by his heels when dipping him in the water, which was reknowned for granting immortality and God-like powers to those dipped in it. It left Achilles with weak spots by his heels, hence, the Achilles' heel.

Wentz' mom held Carson by the top of his head when he was dipped in the water, leaving him with red hair, freckles, and an averseness to excessive sun.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Honest question...Has there been a QB in the last 3-4 years that Gruden has covered that he does or did NOT like?

I can't think of one QB where he did not like him but I might just not remember it.

He loved Barkley.

AzorAhai

Reaction score
Honest question...Has there been a QB in the last 3-4 years that Gruden has covered that he does or did NOT like?

I can't think of one QB where he did not like him but I might just not remember it.

Gruden loves everybody. It's rather annoying to hear how great every draft pick is going to be.

Sydla

Reaction score
58%, 58%, 58%.............. the completion percentages of Cook at MSU his last three years.

No thanks.

Sydla

Reaction score
Who came up with this criteria? There are no good Qbs with those college numbers?

Actually I think there was an article about this thing. QBs in college who can't consistently top the 60% threshold in college tend to struggle even moreso in the NFL. I'll see if I can find it.

As Risen said earlier, if you aren't accurate in college, it's not exactly likely you'll suddenly become real accurate in the NFL.

There were some notable exceptions to this. Carson Palmer had a career completion percentage of 59, but his senior year he was over 62% as a passer. Stafford was 57% for his career but he too had at least one year of over 60% completion percentage (his last year at UGA). Matt Ryan was 59.9% at BC but had two years of over 60%.

Last edited:

sbark

Reaction score
The QB Jesus looks alot like old Dan Fouts of the Chargers back in Air-Coryell days

slick325

Reaction score

Priceless! Lol...

Primetime42

Reaction score

I'm so confused.