Jon Kitna Just Comical

khiladi

Reaction score
Baseless speculation. Who would you of picked then?

We could get Ray Lewis to QB or anyone of the defensive backs in the league... Hell, maybe a LB or too.. It's as predictable as it comes...

Moderately_Askew

Heelsboy
Reaction score
Guys, I thought Garrett runs a Norv offense. Kitna the only one in the whole world, a guy retired you tosses INTs like its nothing? Maybe they should have been preparing some new talent, just in case you know, Romo got injured. This is clear example of how this team views Romo including the HC. They don't see beyond him. Garrett isn't hamstrung by Romo, he's in it for the Romo ride.

So you fault the team for believing Romo can play for the next 5-6 years? Romo is a great QB and Orton is one of the best backups in the league so I can see why there isn't a rush to develop a QB for the future who would have to sit on the bench for 5-6 years. Who knows what will change with Romo if his back is an issue, but you still are not answering the question. Kitna knows this specific offense and who else could Garret of got that could go in with a few days preparation and know the majority of the offense?

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Guys, I thought Garrett runs a Norv offense. Kitna the only one in the whole world, a guy retired you tosses INTs like its nothing? Maybe they should have been preparing some new talent, just in case you know, Romo got injured. This is clear example of how this team views Romo including the HC. They don't see beyond him. Garrett isn't hamstrung by Romo, he's in it for the Romo ride.

That is actually a very astute observation.

There is no plan going forward concerning the QB- if there is, we don't have a clue yet as to what it is. Hopefully the team does...

khiladi

Reaction score
So you fault the team for believing Romo can play for the next 5-6 years? Romo is a great QB and Orton is one of the best backups in the league so I can see why there isn't a rush to develop a QB for the future who would have to sit on the bench for 5-6 years. Who knows what will change with Romo if his back is an issue, but you still are not answering the question. Kitna knows this specific offense and who else could Garret of got that could go in with a few days preparation and know the majority of the offense?

No, I blame this staff for not thinking basics, you know because the Red Headed Genius talks about 'progress', yet we are going to a retired QB whose been gone for two years and quite frankly sucks. This point is not about what to do now, the point is they weren't prepared for it and don't think outside of it, thus the statement going in circles.

I thought Garrett was getting rid of dead weight.

Fritsch_the_cat

Reaction score
Does anyone really think this matters? If Orton goes down, the only thing Kitna or anyone else they sign is going to do is hand the ball to Murray.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
Brilliant move by Garrett. This guy will lead us to the promised land should something happen to Romo and/or Orton (if he doesn't dislocate his hip during warm ups that is).

Kitna?????? ...... .. Umphfffff. :confused:

Picksix

A Work in Progress
Reaction score
This is the very definition of going in circles, not progress...

Nobody we would bring in at this point would be counted on to do much anyway, in the near or distant future. At this point, you're not looking for progress. You're looking for someone who can plug a gap.

khiladi

Reaction score
Does anyone really think this matters? If Orton goes down, the only thing Kitna or anyone else they sign is going to do is hand the ball to Murray.

But this is a clear sign of our progress, outside one specific game...

khiladi

Reaction score
Nobody we would bring in at this point would be counted on to do much anyway, in the near or distant future. At this point, you're not looking for progress. You're looking for someone who can plug a gap.

Plugging the gap is what this team does.... But Garrett is Tom Landry, with clear vision!

DavidS

Reaction score
The tenure of Jason Garrett is exemplified in those TV shows like Gilligan's Island, where the crew thinks they are making progress, while the audience chuckles knowing they are not going anywhere based upon certain pointers they've seen before. Guys, our "progress" is a circle.

Its a 3rd string QB...LOL

Does it even matter dude? Put down the eggnog you miserable drunk

Moderately_Askew

Heelsboy
Reaction score
No, I blame this staff for not thinking basics, you know because the Red Headed Genius talks about 'progress', yet we are going to a retired QB whose been gone for two years and quite frankly sucks. This point is not about what to do now, the point is they weren't prepared for it and don't think outside of it, thus the statement going in circles.

I thought Garrett was getting rid of dead weight.

The Cowboys are not signing Kitna for the future, just to fill in a game or so. You don't plan on injuries, but we had Orton just in case. I really don't know why you are changing the argument from your original sentiment of not liking Kitna being signed as the back up. This has nothing to do about the future.

khiladi

Reaction score
The Cowboys are not signing Kitna for the future, just to fill in a game or so. You don't plan on injuries, but we had Orton just in case. I really don't know why you are changing the argument from your original sentiment of not liking Kitna being signed as the back up. This has nothing to do about the future.

Changing the argument? What part of going in circles and progress don't you understand? I thought we were getting rid of dead weight, cleaning house, have direction with Garrett, who has long-term vision, yet we are reliving Brad Johnson Jon Kitna all over again. Kyle orton's isn't getting any younger either.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
The tenure of Jason Garrett is exemplified in those TV shows like Gilligan's Island, where the crew thinks they are making progress, while the audience chuckles knowing they are not going anywhere based upon certain pointers they've seen before. Guys, our "progress" is a circle.

The show did make progress. At first they didn't give proper credit to the Professor and Mary Ann in the opening song, just referring to them as "and the rest." It was a great breakthrough when they added them with harmony singing "the Professer aaaaannnd Marrrryy Annnn."

And, yeah, the Professor should have gotten with either Mary Ann or Ginger, or maybe even both. Of course, that brings up the age-old question. Ginger or Mary Ann? I'll go first:

Ginger!!

khiladi

Reaction score
Ginger didn't age as well as Jon Kitna has, I must admit...

Moderately_Askew

Heelsboy
Reaction score
Changing the argument? What part of going in circles and progress don't you understand? I thought we were getting rid of dead weight, cleaning house, have direction with Garrett, who has long-term vision, yet we are reliving Brad Johnson Jon Kitna all over again. Kyle orton's isn't getting any younger either.

The part about how signing Kitna for a game or so at the end of the season hinders the progress of the team. The team believes Romo can play for 5-6 more years and it makes no sense to have a draft pick sitting on the bench for that long when there are other positions that need immediate attention. How much longer do I need to repeat myself?

khiladi

Reaction score
The part about how signing Kitna for a game or so at the end of the season hinders the progress of the team. The team believes Romo can play for 5-6 more years and it makes no sense to have a draft pick sitting on the bench for that long when there are other positions that need immediate attention. How much longer do I need to repeat myself?

Where did I say that it hinders progress of the team to sign Kitna for a game? I said it's comical, cause we are re-living our past. Further, you just contradicted yourself, because anything can happen to a Thirty plus year old QB that you need to be developing talent. It happens all the time. What is progress if not team development?

Corso

Reaction score
This is the very definition of going in circles, not progress...

What progress?
What are you talking about?
This is the final week of the regular season...
The Cowboys are gong to sign some prodigy that's going to sail them into the future?

What?

Fredd

Reaction score
you guys slay me....they WERE getting someone ready as the 3rd QB, and the Browns plucked him from our PS....Romo has been very durable so why try to get another PS QB with only a few games left...yes, Romo is injured and Orton is the back-up....Kitna is not likely to see ANY playing time, he is only there in case you have no one else....stop complaining....what would you have the Cowboys do in this case???? geez....

Corso

Reaction score

Last week of the season, man.
Let's gain some perspective...