Jon Kitna Just Comical

mldardy

Reaction score
I am ready for this game to start and be over with. The over the top overeactions to everything that has gone on in
The tenure of Jason Garrett is exemplified in those TV shows like Gilligan's Island, where the crew thinks they are making progress, while the audience chuckles knowing they are not going anywhere based upon certain pointers they've seen before. Guys, our "progress" is a circle.
You are really complaining about this. What were you expected us to sign some elite QB this late in the season. Kitna knows the system, the coaches, the players. If something happens to Orton do you really trust to bring in someone who doesn't know our players, system, etc. You can't take that kind of risk in a game like this. the constant unnecessary whining and complaining on this board is beyond comical. Almost every topic is of panic or boredom IMO. You and others need this game to happen as soon as possible to cure this.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I wouldn't sign a retired player. Might as well have gone after Favre, lol, I know Jerry is Santa to you lol

I know right?
All I do is praise Jerry!

You are the definition of ignorance from that post.

Care to defy that?
Prove it.
Until then...
Definition of ignorance- and I will hold you to it until you can't stand it any longer or find proof to defy me.
Don't worry, I'll remember you... So-

Bring it.
You don't have it to bring...

And that was some great GM work, bro.

Terrific- I would hire you seven out of seven days...

What a waste of space...

Corso

Reaction score
Btw, JG runs a Mike Martz type of offense, which is why he got Kitna originally... That's why we are back to him. No evolution, nothing... No forward thinking...

And what is your forward-thinking?

Don't tell me what you would have done in the past.
The past is the past.

Tell me what you would have done- today.
This day.
Week 17.
What would you have done?

I already got one monumentally weak "What I wouldn't have done..." post and that doesn't satisfy. I can tell anyone what "I wouldn't have done..."

What would you have done?

Corso

Reaction score
So are people upset we didn't get David Carr as our 3rd string QB? What is this thread really saying?

Everlastingxxx obviously is.

Khiladi might be too, but we're still in the process of gauging that...

khiladi

Reaction score
I think I am gone and you reel me back in.

Did you not just say earlier in this thread Jason runs a Norv type offense? Which is it?

Dude, do you understand sarcasm. The claim of Garrett supporters is he runs a Norv-type offense, because he played one season with him. Thus, my clear sarcasm that it shouldn't be hard to get QBs outside of a retired QB that tosses more INTs per year on average than TDs if Garrett runs a "Norv" offense. There should be 'plenty' of QBs on the market.

I've said it multiple times before when speaking about what Garrett, not sarcastically. actually runs is a version of "Air Coryell" is more like Mike Martz, his long-developing pass plays in shotgun all day getting him killed. Garrett, especially when he was totally in charge of this offense, had a team last in play action passing, though it was a staple of Norv's offense here in Dallas and even in San Diego. I don't count shotgun, though because Aikman never liked it nor did he mainly operate in it, though Rivers operated from it a lot.

Corso

Reaction score
Dude, do you understand sarcasm. The claim of Garrett supporters is he runs a Norv-type offense, because he played one season with him. Thus, my clear sarcasm that it shouldn't be hard to get QBs outside of a retired QB that tosses more INTs per year on average than TDs if Garrett runs a "Norv" offense. There should be 'plenty' of QBs on the market.

I've said it multiple times before when speaking about what Garrett, not sarcastically. actually runs is a version of "Air Coryell" is more like Mike Martz, his long-developing pass plays in shotgun all day getting him killed. Garrett, especially when he was totally in charge of this offense, had a team last in play action passing, though it was a staple of Norv's offense here in Dallas and even in San Diego. I don't count shotgun, though because Aikman never liked it nor did he mainly operate in it, though Rivers operated from it a lot.

I just want to let you know- you are still one of my faves.

Good post, friend.

khiladi

Reaction score
The tenure of Jason Garrett is exemplified in those TV shows like Gilligan's Island, where the crew thinks they are making progress, while the audience chuckles knowing they are not going anywhere based upon certain pointers they've seen before. Guys, our "progress" is a circle.

Guys, notice the word TENURE, meaning his WHOLE career here... Does tenure mean stop-gap?

Again, notice the term "progress"... Our progress is circles.

Ultra Warrior

6 Million Light-years beyond believability.
Reaction score
So we sign a QB who will ( most likely ) never see any game time & be released once the season officially ends ( For however many weeks that lasts ) & people are in an uproar over it? Stupidity at it's headthrobbing best. :rolleyes:

Corso

Reaction score
Guys, notice the word TENURE, meaning his WHOLE career here... Does tenure mean stop-gap?

Aren't we talking about a transaction that happened in the middle of week 17?

I know we can all get on a soapbox about Garrett about his TENURE, but we are talking about a transaction that happened on week 17...

Yo. Snap it back, my friends.

There will be plenty of time to kill Garrett, Jones and everything else Cowboys football during the LOOOOOONG off-season.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Everlastingxxx obviously is.

Khiladi might be too, but we're still in the process of gauging that...

LOL I guess I shouldn't be amazed at some of the things that are said on this site. It seems like a new low is reached every time a obstacle comes the Cowboys way.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Aren't we talking about a transaction that happened in the middle of week 17?

I know we can all get on a soapbox about Garrett about his TENURE, but we are talking about a transaction that happened on week 17...

Yo. Snap it back, my friends.

There will be plenty of time to kill Garrett, Jones and everything else Cowboys football during the LOOOOOONG off-season.

Yea people don't even want to wait until the offseason. They want to do it now. lol.

Moderately_Askew

Heelsboy
Reaction score

Nice post, but sarcasm does not translate over the internet.

You still have not answered who you would of signed instead of Kitna. Also Josh Freeman was never going to happen, he wants starter money and to start. The Cowboys would have had to trade for him then pay his remaining 6.2 million contract then sign him again next season. Romo is the starter and an average Freeman is not the answer.

Corso

Reaction score

You still have not answered who you would of signed instead of Kitna. Also Josh Freeman was never going to happen, he wants starter money and to start. The Cowboys would have had to trade for him then pay his remaining 6.2 million contract then sign him again next season. Romo is the starter and an average Freeman is not the answer.

Wrong or right- you're bringing the goods.

Khiladi is a good poster, but this deserves to be argued...

khiladi

Reaction score
Yea people don't even want to wait until the offseason. They want to do it now. lol.

To be fair, when we do complain then, you guys complain ask that we are always Debbie-downers.. Seriously though, you can't take a post that references Gilligan's Island as being anything but a Piccard face-palm post than anything else. Humor is a great way to deal with incompetence.

khiladi

Reaction score

Again bro, I already said necessity makes one do certain things and I wasn't surprised. We can't sign anybody now, because we are to busy going in circles. And we are also, including our HC, putting all our eggs in one basket, so Garrett should be careful about trying to throw Romo under the bus, when he has to end up resigning a retired Kitna to play a game...

Moderately_Askew

Heelsboy
Reaction score
Again bro, I already said necessity makes one do certain things and I wasn't surprised. We can't sign anybody now, because we are to busy going in circles. And we are also, including our HC, putting all our eggs in one basket, so Garrett should be careful about trying to throw Romo under the bus, when he has to end up resigning a retired Kitna to play a game...

So this just confirms that you are never going to answer the question because you can't. Just stick to your talking points and maybe no one else will notice.

Corso

Reaction score
So this just confirms that you are never going to answer the question because you can't. Just stick to your talking points and maybe no one else will notice.

I'm glad I have a wine cellar and not a whine seller!

khiladi

Reaction score

How about you stick to the talking points. How do you define the word TENURE? Does that refer to a stop gap? So why are you imposing a position on me that my thread didn't indicate, if tenure does not mean stop gap? I'm not the one saying the Cowboys think Romo will play another 5-6 years, and justifying that's why Dallas did nothing...

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
gi-001.jpg

Hey, Ginger was on that show too !