RELEASED Jon Kitna will not be retained

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
"Time in Pocket" is what PFF calls the stat, but it includes all pass attempts.
So some get better (or their receivers get open) on the run, while others are better in the pocket (or have receivers who get open sooner). I would have expected Wilson to be in the latter group.

blueblood70

Reaction score
McCarthy = Hybrid HC and OC

Moore = Hybrid OC and QB coach
good plan one less voice, more direct communication..
regardless of what we feel, I like that MM was given full authority to retain or fire whom he decided was best for him to have success..i hope he gest the same freedom for FAs and the Draft..

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Yeah, this news saddens me a bit. I thought Kitna did a nice job with Dak and would have liked to see that continue.
Me too.

I hope it's not a huge changeup for Dak...........could get ugly.

shabazz

Reaction score
That means Dallas is moving on from Dak :popcorn:

Depends on if somebody beats him out for the job. In as much as I’m critical of Dakotas inconsistency, we need to have a TRUE upgrade if we are to replace him. If MM can improve him at playing well against real defenses,I have no issue with him remaining.......of course the contract should be commensurate with performance

Yes we were the “#1 offense” on paper but couldnt score worth a damm in several big games.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Exactly, that's why I'm all for the purge. I said midway through the season that Garrett shouldn't be the only coach on that staff that needed to be fired.
Oh for sure. I’m all for it. Even though I liked what a lot of them did....I’m all for it to be gone.

dguinta1

Reaction score
Regardless of what you think of Kitna it's refreshing to see our head coach truly pick his own staff.

I wish I could wrap my arms a quarter of the way around McCarthy right now and bury my head in his bosom.
LMAO ROFL!!!!!!!

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Well I mean for Dak he did well. I know you aren’t fond of Dak, I’m not either, but he did improve this year. He wasn’t good by any metric, but he improved.
He wasn’t good? Come on man. I get it. It’s the cool thing on this site to be the “Dak doubter”. But he wasn’t good? Don’t let @PAPPYDOG take you down that hateful and bitter path he’s on against Dak. You can say he was good and still think we shouldn’t sign him. Nothing wrong with that.

stiletto

Reaction score
I'm sure on every coaching staff that gets cleaned out there are more than one or two that probably deserve to stay but still get let go. I actually prefer this route. I probably wouldn't have kept Moore either.... You bring in men you are comfortable going into battle with. Period.

efh313

Reaction score
Regardless of what you think of Kitna it's refreshing to see our head coach truly pick his own staff.

I wish I could wrap my arms a quarter of the way around McCarthy right now and bury my head in his bosom.
And MM is a QB Coach himself having trained Montana, Favre, and Rodgers. While, I know he is our HC , he may want to put Dak through HIS QB school. After all it has been pretty successful.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I'd had been upset with Kitna's release if MM didn't have such an effective history of working with his QBs. Obviously, Dak is in good hands. McCarthy's qualifications have been favorably compared to those of Andy Reid. That's pretty fast company, to say the least. :)