RELEASED Jon Kitna will not be retained

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
How do we know who was responsible for Dak's improvement in 2019? Honest question.

Just FYI, McCarthy's specialty is QB mechanics. I trust his judgement on this one.
You know with Kitna.....what he taught Dak.....was it really a matter of him teaching him something no on else could or was it the fact he was actually taught it? I don’t think they ever real focused on Dak’s mechanics much. I just think they need someone who actually focuses on improving them and that can be McCarthy.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
He wasn’t good? Come on man. I get it. It’s the cool thing on this site to be the “Dak doubter”. But he wasn’t good? Don’t let @PAPPYDOG take you down that hateful and bitter path he’s on against Dak. You can say he was good and still think we shouldn’t sign him. Nothing wrong with that.

He was average IMO. Average in my opinion isn’t good, especially in the NFL at the QB position. He’s average and we shouldn’t sign him is my opinion.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I'd had been upset with Kitna's release if MM didn't have such an effective history of working with his QBs. Obviously, Dak is in good hands.
I honestly think he’s doing him a favor. Someone will want to hire Kitna for what he did this year and get even more money.

conner01

Reaction score
How do we know who was responsible for Dak's improvement in 2019? Honest question.

Just FYI, McCarthy's specialty is QB mechanics. I trust his judgement on this one.
I like kitna but honestly how do we know he helped Dak
Maybe just more experience helped him, better off season approach. I don’t really know

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
Jon Kitna ?

giphy-downsized.gif

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
While Kitna may have gotten Prescott to perform a little better, I have no doubt McCarthy will find a solid QB coach. He's been doing well so far. Plus, he utilized that time off to study film with other coaches. I assume he wasn't just looking at players but coaches as well.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score

I just can't believe how many here put ANY stock in the speculation by any of these "insiders" especially Werder. Werder was the one that was so sure that the next coach was going to be Meyer or Riley and then be backed off that because it took to long that Jones was going to resign Garrett. I don't pay any attention to these speculators and wait until I hear official word from the sources.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
That means Dallas is moving on from Dak :popcorn:

You don't listen to pressers or read much do you? McCarthy has already said he really likes Prescott and is looking forward to coaching him. Second both Jerry and Stephen have both said THIS week that Prescott is their top priority to sign a long term contract.

Yoshimitsu

Lurch
Reaction score
People act like it was just Kitna. Dak was already working on his mechanics in the offseason with Tom Shaw. Where do you guys think the Dak dance meme comes from? Kitna did help but he didnt make Dak.

kskboys

Reaction score
Well....first off Dak wasn’t average last year I’m just asking what is considered average because when you say someone is average you don’t think of bad.
Oh, sorry, didn't mean to enter into a Dak convo. I was speaking in general.

Dak was borderline top 10 last season. Still has some hiccups to fix.