RELEASED Jon Kitna will not be retained

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Regardless of what you think of Kitna it's refreshing to see our head coach truly pick his own staff.

I wish I could wrap my arms a quarter of the way around McCarthy right now and bury my head in his bosom.

It's important to be accurate. His AMPLE bosom.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
A lot of the offensive coaches did pretty well.

this is dumb.
nobody did very well they took a roster that should of won 12 games and won 8 and missed the playoffs every one should of know this is what was going to happen there would be a house cleaning there will also be lots of players that wont be here next year as well

fivetwos

Reaction score
Regardless of what you think of Kitna it's refreshing to see our head coach truly pick his own staff.

I wish I could wrap my arms a quarter of the way around McCarthy right now and bury my head in his bosom.
Amen!! to the first part of this.

You're on your own as far as the second sir.

willia451

Reaction score

SgTa5f7.gif

quickccc

Reaction score
thanks for the update - this answers one of my final coaching questions, the other will be RB, LB and secondary coaches

kitna and tom house (offseason) really did wonders for dak's throwing mechanics and footwork,. did make a remarkable difference but one again it's the familiarity liklihood about to come into play - west coast system, i think it will be a QB coach - though McCarthy will play a heavy hand it - the QB coach
will play even heavier with mechanics, footwork and the how to in this McCarthy system.

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
I'll just add to this, I'm disappointed - like a few on here about Kitna being let go.
But I do understand it, if, MM is going to change up the style of coaching/play he wants from Dak.
Dak is about to get $33 - $35 million a year. Maybe MM is wanting a tight grip on his QB.
I do think he will need a QB coach other than MM, but I hope he doesn't have a revolving door of QB coaches. He's had what 3-4 all ready.
Dak improved greatly under Kitna, but that improvement needs to continue. Hopefully whomever comes in can do that.
The arrow is pointing up for this team and this QB with this regime change - sofar.
In MM we trust.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He wasn’t good? Come on man. I get it. It’s the cool thing on this site to be the “Dak doubter”. But he wasn’t good? Don’t let @PAPPYDOG take you down that hateful and bitter path he’s on against Dak. You can say he was good and still think we shouldn’t sign him. Nothing wrong with that.

Make Love not War baby......ya don't let me the hate guy here take you down a road of anger and HATE lol follow rocyaice to his fantasy grid-iron world where he's promoting daily a QB that simply doesn't exist under center for us!
If it was up to rocyaice and his fellow Dak-employees our Dak would get a 300 million contract for 5 years with 200 million guaranteed!
Cowboys why care about them it's all Dak loving and Dak selling.....

P.S. Now rocyaice being you're filled with love and flowers go watch some of our films against the Giants or Skins there Dak is truly a Franchise QB....:muttley:

RoboQB

Reaction score
I bet McCarthy's saying something like this right now. "No, that's how you USED to do it, Jerry! This is how we're doing it now. Now get me a coffee."

"... and a double order of chicken wings."

Prediction:
McCarthy chews both arms off a referee and shouts
"Let's see you throw a flag now!"... lol

Silly

Reaction score

OMG.... Man bosom.... no way in he_ll..... & and all the likes.... cheese and rice.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
He was average IMO. Average in my opinion isn’t good, especially in the NFL at the QB position. He’s average and we shouldn’t sign him is my opinion.
You can’t say Dak is average because Dak for some strange reason must be protected at all cost. Some act like people saying he’s average come from nowhere. He earned this by having his awesome first year and being pretty eh the rest of his career.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Make Love not War baby......ya don't let me the hate guy here take you down a road of anger and HATE lol follow rocyaice to his fantasy grid-iron world where he's promoting daily a QB that simply doesn't exist under center for us!
If it was up to rocyaice and his fellow Dak-employees our Dak would get a 300 million contract for 5 years with 200 million guaranteed!
Cowboys why care about them it's all Dak loving and Dak selling.....

P.S. Now rocyaice being you're filled with love and flowers go watch some of our films against the Giants or Skins there Dak is truly a Franchise QB....:muttley:
You’re wrong. I’d give Dak a billion dollar contract. All in.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Kitna helped Dak a lot, but I can understand why McCarthy wanted something else for consistency.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Just don't slip......

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Depends on if somebody beats him out for the job. In as much as I’m critical of Dakotas inconsistency, we need to have a TRUE upgrade if we are to replace him. If MM can improve him at playing well against real defenses,I have no issue with him remaining.......of course the contract should be commensurate with performance

Yes we were the “#1 offense” on paper but couldnt score worth a damm in several big games.

I was only trying to see who I would trigger and rile up. It is disappointing that I only caught one in @gjkoeppen :lmao:

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
If a guy is to go by the way Dak improved from 2018 to 2019, I'd be obliged to say Kitna did a yeoman's job in bringing him along nicely. I'll be intrigued to see what progress might be made by whomever takes Kitna's place. I just hope Dak will be able to progress similarly to how much he did in 2019.

slick325

Reaction score
We had the number 1 offense.

Next year we can be number 2.

That "number one" offense kicked nothing but FGs against the Saints and Eagles. Two playoff teams and two "big games". So keep the stats. They were an average football team last year. 8-8. Everyone shares the blame and everyone should be gone on that staff if it were up to me.