Twitter: Jonathan Cooper signs with San Francisco

waving monkey

Reaction score
Will Hernandez at G at 19 is a very good possibility now. If a LB or DT is not there. But I doubt they would take a DT even if Vea falls to us. It is just something this team would not do, draft an impact player at DT that high.
Hernandez or Evans. I would prefer Hernandez because the the offense is our game and Hernandez solves the problem for five years.
I do agree we throw too much resources at the oline.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Green will get another shot
But his time is short and he has to stay healthy and play well

Conner I really hope you're mistaken about Green getting another shot.
As for staying healthy and playing well, that's a tall order for somebody as injury prone as Green.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
And now we know. Which would you rather have, a dominant LG and average RT or an average LG and dominant RT? Will be interested to see what happens with the two T's we talked to from NE. What i hope is that the team and Alexander as the O-line coach make a solid decision on Collins' best fit, put him there at the onset of training camp and leave him there. Let him grow at one or the other. Same with whomever we decide on at T. I'd love to see us draft Hernandez or Wynne at G and leave Collins at T but I thinks that's a luxury given our needs at LB'er. Is this a deeper draft for T or G?

If I read you correctly, you're saying put Collins at RT or LG whichever he's best at, but then LEAVE HIM THERE instead of bouncing him back and forth.......better a beast at 1 position than average at 2.

If that's what you're saying, then I TOTALLY agree with you!
Knock off the flex crap and let him do what he does best. :thumbup:

Last edited:

J12B

Reaction score
Anyone know the details on the deal? Can't find it anywhere. His departure just means another hole to fill on the offense

plymkr

Reaction score
i am all for ol on the 1st round.
Me too. I'm hoping we draft an offensive lineman in the 1st and then another in a later round. I'd like to see our line back to 2016 form with a healthy and unsuspended Zeke. That'll give Dak the best chance to succeed and as he goes so do the Cowboys.

Carter

Reaction score
If they sign Fleming you can move Collins back to LG. Problems solved. Than draft a Swing Tackle in Round 3 and another Guard with one of our two 4th Round Picks.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
There's an ill wind fixing to emanate in the N.F.C. outta' SAN FRANSISCO ,FELLERS!,,, it's obvious in it's desperate transparency,,,,just don't be stunned& wondering, when they start throttling ono_O

conner01

Reaction score
Conner I really hope you're mistaken about Green getting another shot.
As for staying healthy and playing well, that's a tall order for somebody as injury prone as Green.
I’m not saying he’s gonna be starting but he’s gonna be brought to camp to compete for a spot and really there is no reason not to

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah, so losing a player and having nothing is a good thing!

:facepalm:

That's how free agency works. Teams don't get to tell the other 31 that their guy is off limits until they sign or draft someone else.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It was in an interview Stephen was giving and the media asked about the oline and Stephen basically said "they had good depth with Cooper", obviously indicating that Cooper was a backup and not considered the starter.

Probably pissed Cooper off that he was considered depth and not starting caliber so not surprising he bolted to another team.

I see what you are saying, but I think that falls a little short of calling him a backup. Maybe more that he is borderline as a starter, and SF isn't really giving him credit for more than that either. It was probably just a matter of who was willing to pay him.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's how free agency works. Teams don't get to tell the other 31 that their guy is off limits until they sign or draft someone else.

Watching your players walk out the door while not keeping them or signing anyone to replace them is not how anything "works".

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Watching your players walk out the door while not keeping them or signing anyone to replace them is not how anything "works".

I wasn't aware they were prohibited from signing anyone else at this point.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I wasn't aware they were prohibited from signing anyone else at this point.

Let me know when they do. Options aren't getting better , are they?

But that's all a Cowboys fan has these days "wait and see".

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
The Boys have had a habit of tipping their hand over the past few years. Their external FA signings are a decent predictor of where they're heading in the draft. Can you say G or T early. Certainly looks like offense will be a focal point along with LB'er

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Let me know when they do. Options aren't getting better , are they?

But that's all a Cowboys fan has these days "wait and see".

No the options aren't getting better, but just signing the first guy willing to put his name on the dotted line without shopping his services isn't the way to go. There are reports (granted you never know how real) that they are talking to, and bringing in, several O-Line free agents to consider. When Leary left last year they did the same thing - if you recall, that's how they got Cooper.