Twitter: Jonathan Cooper signs with San Francisco

Aven8

Reaction score
Cooper had is knee cap turned sideways in the last game. They said it was on his thigh or something. Plus he sucks so oh well. I knew we weren't signing him as we would have made it a priority.

ESisback

Reaction score
:popcorn:
Melt downs?

Actually I would not have minded if he was brought back. But this now opens the door for a draft pick. Or if the move Collins back to LG and sign or draft a RT.
I bet they move Collins back to LG and sign Fleming for RT.

sdfidaho

Reaction score
More likely, the Cowboys are looking just as hard at Right Tackle. Whether Collins stays at Tackle, or moves back to Guard is probably heavily dependent on if the Cowboys get a better replacement at Guard or at Tackle. If the better replacement is at Tackle, then Collins will be moving back to Guard.

Right
Trade back in 1st is the hope I’m guessing and get extra 2nd or 3rd.
Go with BPA at LB/OL/DL with first three picks.
Collins flexibility allows BPA at G/T

sdfidaho

Reaction score

I’m hoping they’re not planning on just handing the RT position to Fleming.
I really hope they sign him as swing tackle for Smith’s inevitable back issues

sdfidaho

Reaction score
So if Cooper becomes a pro-bowler with SF, do we get a comp next year and possibly how high?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Some much -needed perspective on how "awful" Cooper was:

Yeah, that was SARCASM!
:thumbup:

fansince68

Reaction score
You think that is why we aren't signing big name players???
IMO....we are not signing big time free agents because we dont have the money to do so. We are being very cautious. For a team that went from penthouse to outhouse, it appears troublesome. I still think the goal is to land Earl Thomas on draft day. Our 2nd this draft and our 5th next season might get it. I think if Ridley is there, we take him in rd 1 to get the 5th year option. If Ridley turns out to be the truth, we will have him for an extra year at a discount price at 5 years, WR1 will be making 20 million if they are productive in 2022. Think about it. Dak and Zeke were both drafted the same year. Zeke in round 1 and Dak in round 4. Dak will get his payday before Zeke because his 4 year contract will be done before Zeke's 5th year.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Unless they get the two OL they're bringing in, I'd say Dallas just showed their draft hand 100%. It's going to be an offensive lineman in the first round.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Unless they get the two OL they're bringing in, I'd say Dallas just showed their draft hand 100%. It's going to be an offensive lineman in the first round.

I'd say we've known for a while now that it was likely to be either an OL or WR if anyone has paid attention to who they've shown interest in.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
I'd say we've known for a while now that it was likely to be either an OL or WR if anyone has paid attention to who they've shown interest in.

I guess that's true. I do think a defensive player was very much still a part of what people thought they might do. Moat mocks, until just recently, had been defensive players, as far as I have seen.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Fleming might be the one that broke the line and swam off.

I just seems weird there has been no movement.

I did not expect it yesterday since I knew how the visit was structured.

Now, he has already taken a plane out of town.

gimmesix

Reaction score
I guess that's true. I do think a defensive player was very much still a part of what people thought they might do. Moat mocks, until just recently, had been defensive players, as far as I have seen.

I think safety would be the only one on the table. We're not going to draft a two-down 1-tech at 19 and we're not going to draft a two-down linebacker.

It doesn't really appear that safety is going to be a value at that pick unless James fell for some reason, so receiver and offensive line are probably going to be staring at Dallas the strongest from a need/value standpoint ... unless we do something clear-cut at those positions in free agency.

gimmesix

Reaction score
Fleming might be the one that broke the line and swam off.

I just seems weird there has been no movement.

I did not expect it yesterday since I knew how the visit was structured.

Now, he has already taken a plane out of town.

At least he now knows what the basement of his value is.