Jordan Shipley... draft status?

kmp77

Reaction score
Where is Jordan Shipley projected to go in the draft? Will he be one of those guys that last till the 2nd round or will we have to give up alot to get him?

I WANT SHIPLEY!

kmp77

Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;3004410 said:
2nd-3rd round

excellent.jpg

Crad|e

Reaction score
Shipley would be a nice pick.. if we could just somehow land kindle in the first.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;3004410 said:
2nd-3rd round

Trust me, if he does indeed put up 100 catches this season, and returns another punt or two for TDs, he'll go higher than that...

That boy's just white lightning... I think if the Boys had an equal chance to draft him or Colt McCoy, I'd prefer that they go for Jordan... and y'all know how in the tank I am for Colt...

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
silverbear;3004657 said:
Trust me, if he does indeed put up 100 catches this season, and returns another punt or two for TDs, he'll go higher than that...

That boy's just white lightning... I think if the Boys had an equal chance to draft him or Colt McCoy, I'd prefer that they go for Jordan... and y'all know how in the tank I am for Colt...

kiss McCoy goodbye........since we wasted a draft pick that could have gone towards the OL or DL on that flippin Aggie

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
I would cream myself if this was our draft

OLB Sergio Kindle - UT
WR Jordan Shipley - UT
ILB Daryl Washington - TCU
OT Jason Fox - the U
OG Vladimir Ducasse - UMass
DT Lamarr Houston - UT

rkell87

Reaction score
Biggems;3005112 said:

OLB Sergio Kindle - UT
WR Jordan Shipley - UT
OT Jason Fox - the U
DT Lamarr Houston - UT

please apply for GM of the boys!

Benny Blue Boy

Reaction score
I think Shipley has a really good chance to end up in the late 1st round. He's a projected 4.4 guy and if he can run that legit and with his productivity I think he will hit the late 1st round and be good right away for an established team. He has good enough size too. He's second or third now, but I don't think he will move down but may move up. Obviously it's hard for me not to compare him to Welker, but I think he might have more big play ability at the NFL level. His hands are basically glue. And he is an NFL ready route runner.

I think the intelligent thing to do is for whatever team decides to take McCoy, they go full out and try to obtain Shipley too. I think that could make McCoy's NFL career. Talk about a comfort zone, and I like Shipley as one of the better #2 receivers in the league eventually and pretty much every team seems to need one of those anyhow these days.

In fact the rams should probably do this now that I think about it.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
kmp77;3004409 said:
Where is Jordan Shipley projected to go in the draft? Will he be one of those guys that last till the 2nd round or will we have to give up alot to get him?

I WANT SHIPLEY!

I think the guys has 1st rd talent but chances are will be selected in the 2nd rd.

joseephuss

Reaction score
I say 3rd or 4th round. NFL GMs still care about size and Shipley has none. They will like Shipley, but they won't be willing to spend a 1st or 2nd rounder to get him.

Kindle has not done enough this season so far to earn a 1st round draft status. There are still plenty of games to go, so he can really start churning out some big plays. I just think if he was to be judged on what he has done to date no team would spend a 1st to get him.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
joseephuss;3010507 said:
I say 3rd or 4th round. NFL GMs still care about size and Shipley has none. They will like Shipley, but they won't be willing to spend a 1st or 2nd rounder to get him.

Kindle has not done enough this season so far to earn a 1st round draft status. There are still plenty of games to go, so he can really start churning out some big plays. I just think if he was to be judged on what he has done to date no team would spend a 1st to get him.

When Sergio Kindle goes to the combine, I think you'll see him shot up the boards. I expect him to run very well and show very good athleticisam. Scouts will say that if he had stayed at OLB instead of being moved to DE, he would have had another outstanding year. If he runs well, I think he'll still have a shot to make it into the first round. JMO.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Biggems;3005112 said:

OLB Sergio Kindle - UT
WR Jordan Shipley - UT
OT Jason Fox - the U
DT Lamarr Houston - UT

and I would vomit profusely.

Shady12

Reaction score
The guy is the absolute total package, except for size. Meaning he's not the 6'3" 215 pound guy. But he's plenty big if he's a legit 6'0" 190. Plenty of 6 footers who are studs in the league. Since he's so complete I don't think his size should have a bearing. He should be a first rounder. Course it depends on how he measures and runs at the combine but if he's at least 5'11" and runs say a 4.37-4.42 in that range which is what I'd expect then teams would be crazy not to take him in the first.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Shady12;3011569 said:
The guy is the absolute total package, except for size. Meaning he's not the 6'3" 215 pound guy. But he's plenty big if he's a legit 6'0" 190. Plenty of 6 footers who are studs in the league. Since he's so complete I don't think his size should have a bearing. He should be a first rounder. Course it depends on how he measures and runs at the combine but if he's at least 5'11" and runs say a 4.37-4.42 in that range which is what I'd expect then teams would be crazy not to take him in the first.

I like Shipley and would not mind seeing him in Dallas next year. I like that he played the slot last season and now has switched to an primarily outside receiver this year. I just don't see teams spending a 1st on him. About the only team that could/would is New England because they have multiple 1st and 2nd round picks.

I liked Cosby last year and expected him to be a late round draft pick. He went un-drafted. Shipley is probably better, but not enough to go that high.

Shady12

Reaction score
He's much, much better than Cosby. Cosby is a 5'10" college posession receiver. He was reliable. Shipley is a weapon, taller, a lot faster, and elusive after the catch.

Benny Blue Boy

Reaction score
Shady12;3011713 said:
He's much, much better than Cosby. Cosby is a 5'10" college posession receiver. He was reliable. Shipley is a weapon, taller, a lot faster, and elusive after the catch.

Agreed. I always saw he was about 5'9. He just left college too and he's about to turn 27. Shipley will be 24 when drafted...Cosby has done a nice job returning punts for Cincy this year though.