Joseph Randle released

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Can we just give up the Murray nonsense and at least change the debate to whether or not they should have signed Chris Johnson who is doing well in AZ at 870K for 2015.

There's no debate on that one. But credit to you for bringing it up.

:thumbup:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How well would Johnson be doing if you subtracted Carson Palmar and Larry Fitzgerald the past several weeks?

I don't blame Dallas for being leary of an aging running back with a bullet in his shoulder that nobody else wanted.

I do.

Stupid then.

More stupid now.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Sorry, but I think this list makes things look worse, not better.

Especially being reminded that we have Gavin freakin' Escobar when we could have Le'veon Bell!

:banghead:

So could other teams. This is one of the irrational arguments and myths that persist. The draft is a crap shoot and HOF coaches and personnel men have stated so. That fits the data. We could have two great TEs or we could have had a bust. What we have is possibly Witten's replacement although that is TBD.

erod

Reaction score
I do.

Stupid then.

More stupid now.

If Dallas had a healthy Romo and Dez, it wouldn't be an issue.

In fact, McFadden has about the same yards as Johnson the past two weeks as a starter.

Chris Johnson would have made ZERO difference without Romo and Dez.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So could other teams. This is one of the irrational arguments and myths that persist.

There's nothing "irrational" or "mythical" about it at all. Other than the fact that some SuperFans can't bear it and like to pretend it never happened. Their you can use the word "irrational".

The draft is a crap shoot and HOF coaches and personnel men have stated so. That fits the data.

Funny how it's a "crapshoot" when we draft crap, isn't it? And the hits go into the win column for the Cult of Garrett. If it's a crap shoot, they wouldn't be investing millions in salary for scouting and research. "Crapshoot" is an excuse made by losers who do a poor job of it.

We could have two great TEs or we could have had a bust.

What we have is possibly Witten's replacement although that is TBD.

No, what we have is a bust. A tissue soft, complete non-factor. Take your hands off from covering your eyes and come to terms with the fact this this guy and that pick used are a waste. This team has needed anyone and everyone to step up and this guy has pulled a complete disappearing act.

At least the other second round picks were wasted on backup TE's who could actually play in Fasano and Bennett. This guy is invisible, making this mistake the most egregious of them all.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If Dallas had a healthy Romo and Dez, it wouldn't be an issue.

In fact, McFadden has about the same yards as Johnson the past two weeks as a starter.

Um, yay? So McFadden's good two weeks somehow compares with Johnson being the #2 rusher in the league? Don't try to make some insane case that nobody's buying. This team had a chance to get a proven, dependable, established running back but instead decided to go with Joe Randle and some question marks and it blew up in their face. They and you need to accept that.

[quite]Chris Johnson would have made ZERO difference without Romo and Dez.[/quote]

Keep telling yourself that if it helps you sleep at night. You can't tell me what he "could" or "would" do. But I can tell you what he has in fact done. But this team decided to roll the dice on a proven loser like Joseph Randle and it blew up in their face.

erod

Reaction score
Um, yay? So McFadden's good two weeks somehow compares with Johnson being the #2 rusher in the league? Don't try to make some insane case that nobody's buying. This team had a chance to get a proven, dependable, established running back but instead decided to go with Joe Randle and some question marks and it blew up in their face. They and you need to accept that.

Keep telling yourself that if it helps you sleep at night. You can't tell me what he "could" or "would" do. But I can tell you what he has in fact done. But this team decided to roll the dice on a proven loser like Joseph Randle and it blew up in their face.

Nothing has blown up in their face. Romo and Dez got hurt. Why is that so hard to understand?

Without Palmer and Fitzgerald, Arizona would be 2-5, too. Did you not watch last season?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nothing has blown up in their face.

Seriously?!?!? Did you miss the part where they just cut the guy who started the season for them at running back? The guy that they decided was better than Johnson? The guy who was going to help replace the league's leading rusher? In case you don't realize it, that is what they call an EPIC FAILURE.

Romo and Dez got hurt. Why is that so hard to understand?

And that's your 'Get Out of Jail Free' card for every mistake they've made?

Without Palmer and Fitzgerald, Arizona would be 2-5, too. Did you not watch last season?

I saw a team that still managed to win enough games to make the playoffs. And their QB wasn't coming back.

I know that any team would suffer losing a top QB and WR, but it doesn't absolve them of every other mistake they've made. Theses are still the people who thought the 'other guys' were 'good enough'.

And they were dead wrong.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
Did he? Isn't that the night that he was so guilty that the cops didn't even arrest him? I admit i could be misremembering.

TMZ Sports has obtained the 911 call made by Joseph Randle's ex -- in which she claims the Dallas Cowboys running back pointed a gun at her and her son ... and threatened to kill them.

The call was made on February 4th ... during an incident at a hotel in Wichita, Kansas.

The woman on the phone, who has a child with Joseph, told the operator Randle had gone ballistic.

"He put his hands on a female ... he pointed a gun in front of the mother of his child," she said.

"He was threatening me to take our lives ... we have our child with us."

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2015/02/09/joseph-randle-911-call-he-pointed-a-gun-at-me-im-scared/#ixzz3qYgLnVia

More:

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2015/02/07/...-randle-claims-abuse-files-restraining-order/

erod

Reaction score
Seriously?!?!? Did you miss the part where they just cut the guy who started the season for them at running back? The guy that they decided was better than Johnson? The guy who was going to help replace the league's leading rusher? In case you don't realize it, that is what they call an EPIC FAILURE.

And that's your 'Get Out of Jail Free' card for every mistake they've made?

I saw a team that still managed to win enough games to make the playoffs. And their QB wasn't coming back.

I know that any team would suffer losing a top QB and WR, but it doesn't absolve them of every other mistake they've made. Theses are still the people who thought the 'other guys' were 'good enough'.

And they were dead wrong.

LOL, the Cardinals fell apart and averaged 12 points a game without Palmer.

Keep trying.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Keep trying.

I don't have to try anything. But you keep trying to sell not signing Chris Johnson as anything other than a colossal blunder.

Nobody's buying.

erod

Reaction score
I don't have to try anything. But you keep trying to sell not signing Chris Johnson as anything other than a colossal blunder.

Nobody's buying.

Dallas is running the ball extremely well the past two weeks.

Hint, that ain't the issue, bud.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Dallas is running the ball extremely well the past two weeks.

Hint, that ain't the issue, bud.

They were pretty average last week. McFadden had 20 carries and 64 yds. Cassel got 45 lucky yards on scrambles. Michael had a nice run called back, but otherwise was meh.

erod

Reaction score
They were pretty average last week. McFadden had 20 carries and 64 yds. Cassel got 45 lucky yards on scrambles. Michael had a nice run called back, but otherwise was meh.

That's monumental when your QB only throws for 97 yards.

RunDMC

Reaction score

We would've been a lot better if we would quit the zone stretch crap. That won't work against the most athletic front in football.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
TMZ Sports has obtained the 911 call made by Joseph Randle's ex -- in which she claims the Dallas Cowboys running back pointed a gun at her and her son ... and threatened to kill them.

The call was made on February 4th ... during an incident at a hotel in Wichita, Kansas.

The woman on the phone, who has a child with Joseph, told the operator Randle had gone ballistic.

"He put his hands on a female ... he pointed a gun in front of the mother of his child," she said.

"He was threatening me to take our lives ... we have our child with us."

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2015/02/09/joseph-randle-911-call-he-pointed-a-gun-at-me-im-scared/#ixzz3qYgLnVia

More:

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2015/02/07/...-randle-claims-abuse-files-restraining-order/

Most if not all of that has been found to be BS now.

daveferr33

Reaction score

Keep trying.

Again, the Cardinals did not fall apart without Palmer.

Palmer played in six games last season, yet the Cardinals managed to win 11 games thanks to Bruce Arians' ability to win with his backup Drew Stanton.

Stanton went 5-3 as a starter, including 4-0 at home.

It was only when Arians had to rely on his third string qb (Ryan Lindley) that they couldn't win anymore games.

By the way, I agree with your take on the running back situation.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Is it fair that Dez Bryant is kept on the Dallas Cowboys, and Joseph Randle is not?

You have to be joking. Fair? Football teams don't operate on being "Fair". The do what is best for the team.

Regardless, we don't know what actually happened with Randle. It all appears to be speculation at this point. For all I know he might have threaten to kill Garret or McFadden.