Josh Allen extended by Buffalo

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
These kids today have no respect LOL. Rocyaice and I Have went back and forth here before 80/90% of this board was here. When it’s all said and done, we know each other is a hard core DC fan. We disagree often, but we both have the same hope for the Boys. A lot of These little boys here now are have grown up being fantasy football fans more than DC fans. I get it, without having a good team to cheer for most of the time, their attention and fandom to other players becomes as important as their love for the Cowboys! Then you get dudes like Mountaineer who will twist any number out there to fit his agenda and it’s comical.
I’ll say one more thing about Josh Allen. He’s as overhyped and now overpaid QB that I have seen in a long time. He will get exposed now that Buffalo will start having to play the salary cap game like the rest of the NFL.
I agree man. I get accused by the same people of coming at their throats just because they say something negative...no, not at all. Because I've engaged with you with no issue. We aren't always going to agree. But at the end of the day we're Cowboy fans and we want the same goal ultimately. Those fans though....they are toxic....

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Allen's deal is basically the deal the COWBOYS WANTED to do with Dak. 258 million over 6 years comes out to 43 million per on avg. 43 million for a legit starting QB in 5 years from now will be a bargain. Thats why Dak only wanted 4 years. He wanted another bite at the apple in 4 years to sign one more huge deal.

This is why it is infuriating to me when people blame the Jones' that Dak didnt do a deal sooner to save the Cowboys all this money. Dak WOULDNT sign a darn deal sooner.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
and Allen contract will get surpassed. I agree with anyone who claims these guys are paid way too much but it is what it is. Dak did just what any other QB who hits FA does. However not sure Allen will be called greedy as Dak has.
Allen quietly signed a SIX YEAR deal that is very helpful for the Bills and in years 5 and 6 of this deal that contract wont be bad at all.

Dak signed a 4 year deal that will keep him at the top of the pay structure for most of his deal, and then presto, after 3 seasons he will want to strap the Cowboys with another huge deal ensuring they will always have a QB taking a huge part of the cap from the team. IMO, tha wtshy Allen wont be called greedy.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
It’s kinda funny that Dak & Lamar aren’t getting better in your opinion, but Allen is…..

Its easy to see why he thinks that. Allen improved astronomically last season and was a serious threat to win the MVP...... getting better.

Lamar was clearly not close last year to his previous season, and IMO, Lamar has to much of his game relying on his athleticism, ala Mike Vick. Lamar is not gonna pass you to a SB.... though he may run you to one. BUT, what happens when Lamar is no longer looking like a video game player running away from all other people on the field? When they day comes, he will no longer be nearly as good a QB.

Allen on the other hand, based upon last year, can light you up with legs and arm, like a Steve Young. When Allen no longer runs, he can still beat you in the pocket. Lamar does not beat you standing in the pocket.

As far as Dak, we got robbed out of seeing how much better Dak has gotten based upon that injury. I would have loved to see what Dak coud have done in 16 games last year. He has clearly gotten better though. This is a big year for Dak IMO.

Now, that doesnt mean Lamar isnt about to get a serious payday.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Allen quietly signed a SIX YEAR deal that is very helpful for the Bills and in years 5 and 6 of this deal that contract wont be bad at all.

Dak signed a 4 year deal that will keep him at the top of the pay structure for most of his deal, and then presto, after 3 seasons he will want to strap the Cowboys with another huge deal ensuring they will always have a QB taking a huge part of the cap from the team. IMO, tha wtshy Allen wont be called greedy.
Interesting that you compare two situations not the same and apply the word greed, denoting selfishness, to one of them. And it's not the one that got 24M more in a guarantee.

There is another part to this that the "Dak is greedy" group seems to overlook, actually three parts. Is it any player's responsibility to manage the cap? Were Lawrence, Elliott and Cooper greedy? Cooper must be because Diggs is only getting right under 15M. Does Allen play for an owner known to overpay the stars? Do you think he and his agent might have played that differently against the Joneses? Maybe like Lawrence, Elliott, Cooper and Prescott's agents did?

99.99% of the players in the NFL are going to get every dime that can get, that's why many leave in FA, it is for the money. They play for the money, not to help someone in management too stupid to manage their own cap after this many years. Their job is to get theirs, just like your job is to get yours.

terra

Reaction score
Interesting that you compare two situations not the same and apply the word greed, denoting selfishness, to one of them. And it's not the one that got 24M more in a guarantee.

There is another part to this that the "Dak is greedy" group seems to overlook, actually three parts. Is it any player's responsibility to manage the cap? Were Lawrence, Elliott and Cooper greedy? Cooper must be because Diggs is only getting right under 15M. Does Allen play for an owner known to overpay the stars? Do you think he and his agent might have played that differently against the Joneses? Maybe like Lawrence, Elliott, Cooper and Prescott's agents did?

99.99% of the players in the NFL are going to get every dime that can get, that's why many leave in FA, it is for the money. They play for the money, not to help someone in management too stupid to manage their own cap after this many years. Their job is to get theirs, just like your job is to get yours.
Dak already has financial security for the rest of his life easily. We will see how hard he goes in the next contract. That will tell how greedy he really is. To me Drew Brees was the greediest one around for the last ten years. Every single contract he pretty much held out for the last penny.

Bigdog

Reaction score
Allen's deal is basically the deal the COWBOYS WANTED to do with Dak. 258 million over 6 years comes out to 43 million per on avg. 43 million for a legit starting QB in 5 years from now will be a bargain. Thats why Dak only wanted 4 years. He wanted another bite at the apple in 4 years to sign one more huge deal.

This is why it is infuriating to me when people blame the Jones' that Dak didnt do a deal sooner to save the Cowboys all this money. Dak WOULDNT sign a darn deal sooner.
He is no dummy

Bigdog

Reaction score
Its easy to see why he thinks that. Allen improved astronomically last season and was a serious threat to win the MVP...... getting better.

Lamar was clearly not close last year to his previous season, and IMO, Lamar has to much of his game relying on his athleticism, ala Mike Vick. Lamar is not gonna pass you to a SB.... though he may run you to one. BUT, what happens when Lamar is no longer looking like a video game player running away from all other people on the field? When they day comes, he will no longer be nearly as good a QB.

Allen on the other hand, based upon last year, can light you up with legs and arm, like a Steve Young. When Allen no longer runs, he can still beat you in the pocket. Lamar does not beat you standing in the pocket.

As far as Dak, we got robbed out of seeing how much better Dak has gotten based upon that injury. I would have loved to see what Dak coud have done in 16 games last year. He has clearly gotten better though. This is a big year for Dak IMO.

Now, that doesnt mean Lamar isnt about to get a serious payday.
I think what makes a great qb is not the legs or the arm talent although that does help but what he has from the neck up. Give me a smart and who can read a defense and pick it apart any day over an athletic qb. I think Brady has proven this.

Batman1980

Reaction score
I think what makes a great qb is not the legs or the arm talent although that does help but what he has from the neck up. Give me a smart and who can read a defense and pick it apart any day over an athletic qb. I think Brady has proven this.

Dak Prescott and Tony Romo are highly intelligent.

Swagger

Reaction score

On the face of it a team friendly deal by Allen for this team.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Do you really think the existence of this thread creates the rants?

It is QB related and you knew this was coming, just like Jackson and Mayfield will be coming. How much Prescott makes is the single most discussed topic on this forum. And that is not going to change anytime soon.

You do not have to participate and there are other threads on the front page.

You do get the irony of complaining about the existence of a thread and actually mentioning it's 24 pages long?

it has place do you not understand why theres more then one place to post? rules say non cowboys related pots belong in off topic or NFL news..do you need to comprehend why we post it belongs elsewhere..some are just LAZY and post in the fan zomne..im not fan of Josh im Cowboys fan the the fan zone states this is in the wrong area,,

so PULEEAE do not PREACH to me about me taking issue with this garbage in the wrong place,...

Reid1boys

Reaction score

The one that got 24 million more in guaranteed money signed for 2 more years... so no kidding he's gonna get more there.
You dont think Mahomes couldn't have demanded 50 million per season for 4 years??? He could have, and the Chiefs would have smiled big and said no problem sir. Come back and see us in 4 years and we will gladly do this again.

Huge difference between Allen and Dak's deal. One is 6 years and one is 4, and we know exactly why one player refused to do 6 yeras and another had no problem doing 6.

coult44

Reaction score

Allens deal will get beat by Lamar Jackson’s and Baker Mayfields. It’s just how the system is setup to work. If Baker has a good year, he might 50 million per year.

khiladi

Reaction score
Key words are "like how he looks". I mean thats really the whole thing tbh

or maybe some guys just are just defending Dak, because of “how he looks”. Dak’s mom is white, she raised him, and Dak still isn’t giving anybody that “looks like him” a penny from the contract, no matter how much these groupies play the race card to defend him, while he chokes against the Eagles against third string QBs and pads stats while getting blown out, throwing teammates under the bus, and trying to compare him to a guy like Josh Allen whose physical tools are for more gifted than Dak and whose already been to an NFC championship conference game in his THIRD season, has thrown 37 TDs in a season, while Dak has done nothing of the sort, despite been a QB in training for over five years running now and just broke his leg in another game he was playing horribly in, until Moore went heavy Zeke, and is already having shoulder issues.

Spare me the bogus race card…

Last edited:

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Dak already has financial security for the rest of his life easily. We will see how hard he goes in the next contract. That will tell how greedy he really is. To me Drew Brees was the greediest one around for the last ten years. Every single contract he pretty much held out for the last penny.
How much more in endorsements is Dak making over Allen? I wonder why dak is getting so much more?