Josh Allen extended by Buffalo

Proof

Reaction score
Yep, only took Allen 6 seasons to top Brady's salary over 21 years.....

232927815_4520969781274460_1118042114829813383_n.jpg

lol, boy you butchered everything about that

i understand tho. crazy.

Pentagruel

Reaction score
Allen's season last year is EASILY better than any Dak season. He IS playing much better than Dak on top of having a decent team around him.

The Bills defense was ranked 16th overall last year. That's worst than any of Dak's years besides 2020.

The 2020 Bills defense ranked 13th in passing defense and ranked 17th in rushing defense. They ranked 16th in points per game allowed. They were a completely average defense last year.

Also the Bills leading rusher last year had under 700 yards rushing.

I don't believe for a second that Dak could do what Allen has done with the Bills. Dak has never lead us to the playoffs unless Zeke won the rushing title that year. Allen is leading his team to the Conference Championship and finishing 2nd in the MVP vote with a sub 700 yard rushing RB.

Well, Allen sucked before this year, so you’ve got your answer to what Allen could do with a lesser team around him. Nothing. I think if Dak had the situation that Allen had last year he could reach the same heights, if not more.

Pentagruel

Reaction score
this is disingenuous too. The bills were basically unable to run the ball at all last year. Polar opposite of Dallas. Dallas can line up and run whenever they want for essentially the past 6 seasons. If Allen gets a running game anywhere as good as the cowboys running game they might be able to beat the chiefs.

The Dallas run game wasn’t any better then the Bills last year. It wasn’t totally horrible though. At the end of the day, he had a good defense and a slightly below average run game. He was in a good situation and he made the most of it.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
:laugh: Here are the posters that are suddenly throwing out that stats that "prove" how much better Allen is than Prescott, but when the stats don't meet their agenda, they reverse their stand on stats as they "don't tell the whole story".

haha Cracks me up.

MikeB80

Reaction score
The Dallas run game wasn’t any better then the Bills last year. It wasn’t totally horrible though. At the end of the day, he had a good defense and a slightly below average run game. He was in a good situation and he made the most of it.

Oh geez.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Well, Allen sucked before this year, so you’ve got your answer to what Allen could do with a lesser team around him. Nothing. I think if Dak had the situation that Allen had last year he could reach the same heights, if not more.
What situation is that exactly? A completely average defense and your leading rusher having 685 total rushing yards?

Dak has never led the Cowboys to the playoffs without Zeke winning the rushing title, but give him a RB that only gets 685 yards and he’ll be as good as Allen?

The Bills would not even be close to being as good with Dak as they are with Allen.

USArmyVet

Reaction score

OMG it's always "if Dak had this or if Dak had that" excuse. Dak has almost always had more talent around him than Allen but yet somehow it's not Dak's fault it's everyone else's fault. LOL

USArmyVet

Reaction score
:laugh: Here are the posters that are suddenly throwing out that stats that "prove" how much better Allen is than Prescott, but when the stats don't meet their agenda, they reverse their stand on stats as they "don't tell the whole story".

haha Cracks me up.

Actually there are stats that prove that very thing but some refuse to see those stats.

AmericanCowboy

Reaction score
Anyone saying Allen is better than Dak, or more clutch, needs to look at the way he completely self-destructed against the Texans in the playoffs.

Also, he led his team to the AFC championship is about the weakest argument possible. He was downright awful against the Ravens. I would win a playoff game when my defense gives up three points.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
OMG it's always "if Dak had this or if Dak had that" excuse. Dak has almost always had more talent around him than Allen but yet somehow it's not Dak's fault it's everyone else's fault. LOL
The funny thing is... Dak 100% has WAY better weapons than Allen. The Bills leading rusher last year had 685 yards. Could you even begin to imagine how bad the Cowboys would be if Zeke wasn't winning rushing titles?

If Dak had what Allen had the Bills would be an 8-8 or worse level team.

Also, if they bring up defense. The Bills last year, yes the same Bills that was 1 win away from the Super Bowl, had a defense that was overall worse than any defense Dak has ever had besides his 4 games in 2020.

The Bills win games off the back of Josh Allen and him being the focal point of their offense. The Cowboys win games by Dak not screwing anything up and being a good game manager.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Anyone saying Allen is better than Dak, or more clutch, needs to look at the way he completely self-destructed against the Texans in the playoffs.

Also, he led his team to the AFC championship is about the weakest argument possible. He was downright awful against the Ravens. I would win a playoff game when my defense gives up three points.
Dak wouldn't sniff the playoffs with a RB that had 685 total rushing yards for the season like the Bills did last year.

Allen led his team to the AFC Championship with that.

USArmyVet

Reaction score

Against the Texans in 2019 Allen was 24 of 46 for a 52.2% Comp % with 264 Yards Passing with 0 TD's and 0 INT's; he also rushed for 92 Yards and caught a 19-yard TD. The Texans won 22-19 in OT after Allen led the Bills into FG range in OT but a penalty forced a punt.....then the Bills defense allowed the Texans to drive for the winning FG.

Yeah, I can see how you call that Allen "self-destructed" in the game.

Against the Ravens Allen was 23 of 37 for a 62.2% Comp % with 206 Yards passing in a defensive oriented game......hardly Allen doing terribly.

As for the playoffs in general, Allen has a record of 2 Wins and 2 Losses and guided the Bills to the AFC Championship game last season. His career playoff stats are as follows: 101 of 166 for a 60.8% Comp % with 1,081 Yards passing along with 5 TD's and 1 INT; he also has 34 Carries for 237 Yards and 1 TD along with 1 Catch for 16 Yards and a TD.

Compare Allen's playoff stats to that of Dak Prescott who has a 1-2 record and is 66 of 103 for a 64.1% Comp % with 794 Yards passing along with 5 TD's and 2 INT's; he also has 10 Carries for 45 Yards and 2 TD's.

So if you are going to say that Allen has not been that great based on playoffs stats then seeing as how he has better stats then Dak for the most part what would you say about Dak?

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Against the Texans in 2019 Allen was 24 of 46 for a 52.2% Comp % with 264 Yards Passing with 0 TD's and 0 INT's; he also rushed for 92 Yards and caught a 19-yard TD. The Texans won 22-19 in OT after Allen led the Bills into FG range in OT but a penalty forced a punt.....then the Bills defense allowed the Texans to drive for the winning FG.

Yeah, I can see how you call that Allen "self-destructed" in the game.

Against the Ravens Allen was 23 of 37 for a 62.2% Comp % with 206 Yards passing in a defensive oriented game......hardly Allen doing terribly.

As for the playoffs in general, Allen has a record of 2 Wins and 2 Losses and guided the Bills to the AFC Championship game last season. His career playoff stats are as follows: 101 of 166 for a 60.8% Comp % with 1,081 Yards passing along with 5 TD's and 1 INT; he also has 34 Carries for 237 Yards and 1 TD along with 1 Catch for 16 Yards and a TD.

Compare Allen's playoff stats to that of Dak Prescott who has a 1-2 record and is 66 of 103 for a 64.1% Comp % with 794 Yards passing along with 5 TD's and 2 INT's; he also has 10 Carries for 45 Yards and 2 TD's.

So if you are going to say that Allen has not been that great based on playoffs stats then seeing as how he has better stats then Dak for the most part what would you say about Dak?
Also, for as big of numbers as Dak was putting up through the first 4 games last year.... Allen put up better numbers than Dak through the first 4 games last year.

P.S. To answer your question. IF the posters even responds after you posted stats to back up your claim instead of basing it off your emotions, they're going to place the blame everywhere besides Dak. That's how they operate. I mean look at that Packers playoff game. Yes, Dak had big numbers, but look at Rodgers. The Green Bay defense allowed 31 points to the Cowboys with a rookie QB in the playoffs and Rodgers STILL willed his team to a win. That is the difference between great QBs (Rodgers) and good QBs (Dak). Could you imagine the excuses if our defense did something like that in the playoffs?

phildadon86

Reaction score
Also, for as big of numbers as Dak was putting up through the first 4 games last year.... Allen put up better numbers than Dak through the first 4 games last year.

P.S. To answer your question. IF the posters even responds after you posted stats to back up your claim instead of basing it off your emotions, they're going to place the blame everywhere besides Dak. That's how they operate. I mean look at that Packers playoff game. Yes, Dak had big numbers, but look at Rodgers. The Green Bay defense allowed 31 points to the Cowboys with a rookie QB in the playoffs and Rodgers STILL willed his team to a win. That is the difference between great QBs (Rodgers) and good QBs (Dak). Could you imagine the excuses if our defense did something like that in the playoffs?

Willed his team to win? He threw a pass to a wide open Tight End and Crosby hit a a FG to win the game. (Albeit that was a heck of throw). Not to mention that David Irving was being strangled from behind in a rear naked choke. Rodgers didn't will anything. The NFL gave him another game on a silver platter. Much like the Dez Catch game. Come off of it with that nonsense. lol.

USArmyVet

Reaction score

First 5 Games of 2020 Dak vs. Allen

Dak Prescott

151 of 222 68% Comp % 1,856 Yards 8.36 YPA 12.29 YPC 9 TD's 4 INT's 10 Sacks 18 Carries 93 Yards 3 TD's 3 Fumbles 3 Fumbles Lost 2-3 record

Josh Allen

131 of 189 69.3% Comp % 1,589 Yards 8.41 YPA 12.13 YPC 14 TD's 3 INT's 10 Sacks 30 Carries 101 Yards 3 TD's 3 Fumbles 3 Fumbles Lost 4-1 record

USArmyVet

Reaction score
False, Prescott threw for more yards to start.

More passing yards on more attempts for less TD's and more INT's and alower Comp %.......we agree.

That said if Allen had thrown 33 more times to equal Dak's pass attempts and figuring 23 additional completions based on Allen's Comp % then when multiplying the additional completions by his YPC average Allen would have had 278.99 additional yards passing, thereby Allen would have been at 1,868 yards passing after 5 games.....which would have been more than Dak's pace.

Last edited:

Swagger

Reaction score

I take it you missed the Colts game in the play offs where he carried his team to the W? The Colts outplayed them yet Allen got it done like a franchise QB should have done.

Swagger

Reaction score
Willed his team to win? He threw a pass to a wide open Tight End and Crosby hit a a FG to win the game. (Albeit that was a heck of throw). Not to mention that David Irving was being strangled from behind in a rear naked choke. Rodgers didn't will anything. The NFL gave him another game on a silver platter. Much like the Dez Catch game. Come off of it with that nonsense. lol.
"A wide open tight end"... if Prescott attempted that pass he would have hit someone in the crowd! :laugh: