Josh Allen extended by Buffalo

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
No. Not cheated. Just somehow messed up another call to allow GB to win a game. You telling me Dez didnt catch the ball?
It doesn't matter if Dez caught it or not. You just like to blame everything but the players, coaches, and FP for the teams lack of success. You're going as far as saying "another game the NFL gave Rodgers on silver platter" insinuating that it was all planed to work like this. Yeah, I'm sure the NFL would just HATE for the most popular team in their spot to have any success.

phildadon86

Reaction score
It doesn't matter if Dez caught it or not. You just like to blame everything but the players, coaches, and FP for the teams lack of success. You're going as far as saying "another game the NFL gave Rodgers on silver platter" insinuating that it was all planed to work like this. Yeah, I'm sure the NFL would just HATE for the most popular team in their spot to have any success.
Ive blamed the players and the coaches plenty. You werent around during the Garrett years I assume? lol. Ive blamed Jerry plenty as well.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Ive blamed the players and the coaches plenty. You werent around during the Garrett years I assume? lol. Ive blamed Jerry plenty as well.
And you aren't above acting like the NFL has some kind of conspiracy to keep the Cowboys down either.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The Bills defense was 16th overall last year.

That's worst than any defense Dak's had outside of 4 games in 20202.

Try again.

3rd in the NFL in interceptions.....
3rd in the NFL in total Turnovers by a defense.....

Also...let's discuss special teams.....

blog42.-startingfieldposition5-1.jpeg

Reactions: G2

USArmyVet

Reaction score
What kills me about you guys is that you guys will sit here and talk about how the Cowboys suck and how they've sucked for 25 years with Jerry.....but when its convenient for your argument you will not acknowledge those reasons for why Dak hasn't had more post season success.

You guys acknowledge that Jason Garrett wasted Romo's prime but won't acknowledge the same for Dak. Josh Allen has had superior coaching to what Dak had.

Never mind that all this "talent" that was overrated by the media was mostly out of the league a year or two later...Witten and Dez essentially retired....hell add Brice Butler and Terrance Williams to that as well. All of this great talent though...

You guys???? I rarely ever mention Romo so not sure why you are lumping people in to some group you have designated as anti-Cowboy, anti-Dak when in fact people simply point out that it is okay to question the Cowboys, Dak, or anyone else affiliated with the organization given the failures of this franchise for the past 25+ years (yes, Super Bowls are the measure of success for an organization). Simply because someone offers statistics or opinion comparing Dallas players or focusing solely on Dallas players does not make them anti anything but why is it okay for those seen as pro Dak to offer things such as coaching to in someway negate any statistics?

This is an open forum so I am uncertain why people can't offer their position without being called 'you guys' as if segregating people based solely on opinion.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score

You proved nothing. Turnovers are a part of the overall picture, but it's not the only part. The only thing you're proving is your biased, cherry picked, blinders on, agenda.

The Bills defense was still 16th overall last year which is lower than any defense Dak's had outside of 4 games in 2020.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
One of the dumbest plays i've seen from a quarterback.....

tenor.gif

So do you feel better pointing out one bad play by a QB so as to somehow lessen his overall ability simply because people are comparing Dak to Prescott? While I do not have the time to do so, I am certain that myself or anyone else on here can easily compile several so-called 'dumb plays' that Dak has done in his career........but what is the point of doing so?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You guys???? I rarely ever mention Romo so not sure why you are lumping people in to some group you have designated as anti-Cowboy, anti-Dak when in fact people simply point out that it is okay to question the Cowboys, Dak, or anyone else affiliated with the organization given the failures of this franchise for the past 25+ years (yes, Super Bowls are the measure of success for an organization). Simply because someone offers statistics or opinion comparing Dallas players or focusing solely on Dallas players does not make them anti anything but why is it okay for those seen as pro Dak to offer things such as coaching to in someway negate any statistics?

This is an open forum so I am uncertain why people can't offer their position without being called 'you guys' as if segregating people based solely on opinion.

I'm victim of doing that.....i'll try to specifically direct you but it doesn't help when you guys keep regurgitating the same opinions and "stats" back to back lol.

But do you agree with what I said? Do you think Dak and this team was held back by Garrett?

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
LOL. When Jerry sued Roger we went 11 straight games without having a hold called against the other team. But please. Continue lol.
You still have time to delete this before everybody sees.

I can handle the Dak homers, the Garrett lovers, the Jerry lovers, but when you start acting like it's the NFL and some conspiracy that's held the Cowboys down for the past quarter of a century is when I have to just start ignoring.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You proved nothing. Turnovers are a part of the overall picture, but it's not the only part. The only thing you're proving is your biased, cherry picked, blinders on, agenda.

The Bills defense was still 16th overall last year which is lower than any defense Dak's had outside of 4 games in 2020.
Because you're not telling the whole story. You're gauging their "overall" defense based on how many points given up?

They also put up 31 points a game. So how many points they gave up isn't a correct gauge of how bad or good that defense was last year.

Its like me sitting here saying Jaylon Smith was the 2nd best linebacker in the league and then using his tackles to justify it. Its silly and agenda based.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
So do you feel better pointing out one bad play by a QB so as to somehow lessen his overall ability simply because people are comparing Dak to Prescott? While I do not have the time to do so, I am certain that myself or anyone else on here can easily compile several so-called 'dumb plays' that Dak has done in his career........but what is the point of doing so?

Oh trust me I wasn't using that to prove he was bad in that game. There were PLENTY of mistakes he made that game.

And I think you got confused from your hatred of Dak. I wasn't using that to show Allen sucks or anything like that. I believe Allen is a very good QB. I was simply replying to the poster who brought up how he played in the Texans game.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Yeah I like Lamar but his accuracy rears its ugly head at the absolute worse times....people talk about Dak's accuracy......get a whiff of his..

Career Comp %, On Target %, and Bad Throw % (Prescott vs. Jackson)

Prescott: 66% Comp % 77.35% On Target % 15.73% Bad Throw %

Jackson: 64% Comp % 75.65% On Target % 18.6% Bad Throw %

So while there are certainly differences in terms of the above stats between the 2 QB's, they are not that much of a 'significant' difference to where one could use Jackson as an example, when compared to Dak, to question accuracy in terms of QB play.

phildadon86

Reaction score
You still have time to delete this before everybody sees.

I can handle the Dak homers, the Garrett lovers, the Jerry lovers, but when you start acting like it's the NFL and some conspiracy that's held the Cowboys down for the past quarter of a century is when I have to just start ignoring.
Unlike you I dont care about likes. So I dont care if anyone sees. I am not saying at all that the reason we have sucked for 25 years is the NFL. I am just saying its happened. Thats all. Why do you go to extremes?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Career Comp %, On Target %, and Bad Throw % (Prescott vs. Jackson)

Prescott: 66% Comp % 77.35% On Target % 15.73% Bad Throw %

Jackson: 64% Comp % 75.65% On Target % 18.6% Bad Throw %

So while there are certainly differences in terms of the above stats between the 2 QB's, they are not that much of a 'significant' difference to where one could use Jackson as an example, when compared to Dak, to question accuracy in terms of QB play.

So what exactly is your argument here? That they are of the same caliber of passer?

USArmyVet

Reaction score

All that shows me, if I am reading it correctly, is when you combine starting field position between punts and kickoffs the two teams were similar......so the point is?????

Last edited:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
All that shows me, if I am reading it correctly, is when you combine starting field position between punts and kickoffs the two steams were similar......so the point is?????
What did the turnovers on defense tell you?

And what the graph was suppose to show you is that since 2018 the Jets and Buffalo Bills are the teams benefiting the most from their return units.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Because you're not telling the whole story. You're gauging their "overall" defense based on how many points given up?

They also put up 31 points a game. So how many points they gave up isn't a correct gauge of how bad or good that defense was last year.

Its like me sitting here saying Jaylon Smith was the 2nd best linebacker in the league and then using his tackles to justify it. Its silly and agenda based.

So based on the 2020 season the Bills averaged 31.31 points/ game on offense and allowed an average of 23.44 points/game on defense. They finished the season with a record of 13-3 and made it to the AFC Championship game.

Therefore, based on that logic the 2019 Dallas Cowboys averaged 27.125 points/game on offense and allowed an average of 20.06 points/game on defense.........so a very similar +/- ratio to that of the 2020 Buffalo Bills.......so shouldn't Dallas then have finished the 2019 season better than 8-8?????