Josh Allen extended by Buffalo

USArmyVet

Reaction score
When you watch them both play does your eye tell you there's a small percentage of difference in their accuracy?

No because the 'perception' is that Jackson is a horribly accurate passing QB whereas Dak has dramatically improved his passer accuracy......which is why when you look at stats you can see that perception is not reality.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
And they normally get this any other time.....but that's how I know this is straight agenda based when you're going out of your way to convince us that Josh Allen is superior to Dak or that they aren't alike. As if these guys even watch Josh Allen to begin with lol.
It's comical, because they have literally the same criticisms. The accuracy was a thing for Allen.
I'd take either guy to be honest. But to sit here and cherry pick stats to hate on one is very telling.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Because you're not telling the whole story. You're gauging their "overall" defense based on how many points given up?

They also put up 31 points a game. So how many points they gave up isn't a correct gauge of how bad or good that defense was last year.

Its like me sitting here saying Jaylon Smith was the 2nd best linebacker in the league and then using his tackles to justify it. Its silly and agenda based.
You're cherry picking stats and then saying I'M not telling that whole story. That's rich lol

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Those stat's favor Buffalo lol.

Yes, they do favor Buffalo as I pointed out but I also pointed out the fact that the Dallas offense has not helped out the defense during this time. If the defense isn't causing enough turnovers it doesn't help when the offense is giving away the ball too much.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Unlike you I dont care about likes. So I dont care if anyone sees. I am not saying at all that the reason we have sucked for 25 years is the NFL. I am just saying its happened. Thats all. Why do you go to extremes?
It's not about likes. It's about integrity. The worst excuse a Dallas Cowboys fan can make is the one you're hammering on about. The NFL has come kind of conspiracy keeping their most popular franchise away from success. Get outta here with that.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
What should I call you guys? The "clique"? Or "The Goons"? "The Goonies"? What should I call y'all?

Try just referring to us at you would anyone: a fellow adult that you are having a dialogue with without it resorting to stereotyping, name calling, or anything else that you would not wish applied to you simply because of a football opinion.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
18th based on 17 defensive turnovers and 18 offensive giveaways

Had Dallas accomplished their average defensive turnovers of around 20 they would have finished with a +/- differential of around 12th.
That's a huge reason for why the Cowboys ended up 8-8 and not 12 or 13 wins. Especially since their special teams sucked as well.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Why not? If it is about points for and against differential than why not be able to compare two different seasons that were only one season apart? I mean, if that is the logic being used then a comparison is in fact in order, especially seeing as how the nearest complete season for Dak is in fact 2019.
Do you even have to ask "why not"? Because it doesn't fit their biased agenda. That's why.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Yeah, but your wrong.
You're suffering from "like" envy. I truly hope you recover.

Here we go- "I win."

Lmao
I'm not wrong. You and your buddy are taking L's at an alarming rate right now with straight facts.

That's the thing about facts ya know? They don't care about your feelings.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Try just referring to us at you would anyone: a fellow adult that you are having a dialogue with without it resorting to stereotyping, name calling, or anything else that you would not wish applied to you simply because of a football opinion.
Its hard to keep up with you guys. Its funny though you want to be separate from the "haters" yet you like their posts and say the exact things they say lol.

Swagger

Reaction score
It's comical, because they have literally the same criticisms. The accuracy was a thing for Allen.
I'd take either guy to be honest. But to sit here and cherry pick stats to hate on one is very telling.
But the reality is that Allen has had a below average o line, marginally better last season and he was throwing the ball pretty much to Cole Beasley until last season. The Bills' running game has been gash compared with the Cowboys during the same period of time.

I just don't see why people are unable to understand the above and therefore you can't just make a direct comparison with quarterbacks that have had way more around them over the same period of time than him. Yet not give Allen his dues from last season when he played at an MVP level when he finally had a good receiver and not much else...o line was only average and running game was also not great.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
That's a huge reason for why the Cowboys ended up 8-8 and not 12 or 13 wins. Especially since their special teams sucked as well.

In 2016 Dallas had 20 takeaways and 15 giveaways for a +5 turnover differential which ranked them 9th in the league that year. Dallas Record 13-3

In 2019 Dallas had 17 takeaways and 18 giveaways for a -1 turnover differential which ranked them 18th in the league that year. Dallas Record 8-8

So what you are telling me is that had the Dallas defense caused 3 more takeaways (an average of .1875 takeaways/game) that Dallas would have won 5 more games that year? This in spite of the fact that the Dallas offense averaged 26.31 points/game in 2016 (which was slightly less than the 27.125 points/game average in 2019) while giving up 19.125 points/game (which was slightly less than the 20.06 points/game average in 2019)?

Hell I'm no expert but I can't see 3 takeaways in an entire season equating to 5 more wins.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
No because the 'perception' is that Jackson is a horribly accurate passing QB whereas Dak has dramatically improved his passer accuracy......which is why when you look at stats you can see that perception is not reality.
So you believe your stats over your eyes?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
In 2016 Dallas had 20 takeaways and 15 giveaways for a +5 turnover differential which ranked them 9th in the league that year. Dallas Record 13-3

In 2019 Dallas had 17 takeaways and 18 giveaways for a -1 turnover differential which ranked them 18th in the league that year. Dallas Record 8-8

So what you are telling me is that had the Dallas defense caused 3 more takeaways (an average of .1875 takeaways/game) that Dallas would have won 5 more games that year? This in spite of the fact that the Dallas offense averaged 26.31 points/game in 2016 (which was slightly less than the 27.125 points/game average in 2019) while giving up 19.125 points/game (which was slightly less than the 20.06 points/game average in 2019)?

Hell I'm no expert but I can't see 3 takeaways in an entire season equating to 5 more wins.
I said lack of turnovers and special teams......

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Its hard to keep up with you guys. Its funny though you want to be separate from the "haters" yet you like their posts and say the exact things they say lol.

Yet again you resort to the 'you guys' and 'haters' thing simply because I am posting statistical data to support my potion. Again, that does not make me a hater, troll, or you guys but someone like yourself who has their own viewpoint but supports it with data. The fact that stereotyping and name calling is resorted to does not make you morally superior but rather intellectually inferior.

There would be so much less crap within these threads if guys simply said "I may disagree with you but I appreciate the facts/statistics to back up your position". That's called being an adult and I can only speak for myself but I am doing my best to act more like one.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
So you believe your stats over your eyes?

I know that at the end of the day eyes can be made to be bias much like in eyewitness accounts but statistics and dat (much like video evidence) is unbiased and simply lay out the evidence. Ultimately, we see what we want to see when relying solely on the eyes.