Josh Allen extended by Buffalo

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Oh trust me I wasn't using that to prove he was bad in that game. There were PLENTY of mistakes he made that game.

And I think you got confused from your hatred of Dak. I wasn't using that to show Allen sucks or anything like that. I believe Allen is a very good QB. I was simply replying to the poster who brought up how he played in the Texans game.

When you use phrases like 'you guys' and 'hatred for Dak' you lose the argument before it even begins.

CoachD

Reaction score
Josh Allen extended by Buffalo................Ummmmmmmmmm who gives a ****!

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
He's been lying this whole time. He still says Dak was on pace to have the most turnovers in the league when that claim is completely wrong.
What's really strange is anyone hating on either QB. They're essentially the same type of QB. Why hate a player and go to a forum and post about it ad nauseum?

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
So based on the 2020 season the Bills averaged 31.31 points/ game on offense and allowed an average of 23.44 points/game on defense. They finished the season with a record of 13-3 and made it to the AFC Championship game.

Therefore, based on that logic the 2019 Dallas Cowboys averaged 27.125 points/game on offense and allowed an average of 20.06 points/game on defense.........so a very similar +/- ratio to that of the 2020 Buffalo Bills.......so shouldn't Dallas then have finished the 2019 season better than 8-8?????
No, you can't hitch to a couple of stats from two different seasons and conclude anything.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
So what exactly is your argument here? That they are of the same caliber of passer?

My point is, based on categories involving accuracy, the is small percentage differences between the two QB's with Dak being slightly better than Jackson in terms of a passing QB. Furthermore, from the 2019-2020 seasons Dak saw a DECREASE in his On Target % by .5% and an INCREASE in his Bad Throw % by .3% whereas Jackson saw a DECREASE in his On Target % by .7% and an INCREASE in his Bad Throw % by .1%. So statistically speaking their trend was similar from 2019-2020 with the exception of Comp % where Dak saw an INCREASE of 2.9% whereas Jackson saw a DECREASE of 1.7% (keeping in mind Jackson attempted 150+ more passes than Dak due to the shortened season by way of Dak's injury).

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
My point is, based on categories involving accuracy, the is small percentage differences between the two QB's with Dak being slightly better than Jackson in terms of a passing QB. Furthermore, from the 2019-2020 seasons Dak saw a DECREASE in his On Target % by .5% and an INCREASE in his Bad Throw % by .3% whereas Jackson saw a DECREASE in his On Target % by .7% and an INCREASE in his Bad Throw % by .1%. So statistically speaking their trend was similar from 2019-2020 with the exception of Comp % where Dak saw an INCREASE of 2.9% whereas Jackson saw a DECREASE of 1.7% (keeping in mind Jackson attempted 150+ more passes than Dak due to the shortened season by way of Dak's injury).

When you watch them both play does your eye tell you there's a small percentage of difference in their accuracy?

Swagger

Reaction score
No joke. I watched that game, Allen was bad. Lamaar was simply worse. Lamaar's inability to pass consistently and to hit outside throws screamed to the forefront once again.
To be fair to Lamar, his O Line was banged up and he was throwing the ball to Dez Bryant post achilles injury.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
What did the turnovers on defense tell you?

And what the graph was suppose to show you is that since 2018 the Jets and Buffalo Bills are the teams benefiting the most from their return units.

Turnover Differential By Year (Dallas vs. Buffalo)

2020: Buffalo +4 (26 takeaways) Dallas -3 (23 takeaways)

2019: Buffalo +4 (23 takeaways) Dallas -1 (17 takeaways)

2018: Buffalo -5 (27 takeaways) Dallas +3 (20 takeaways)

2017: Buffalo +9 (25 takeaways) Dallas -1 (21 takeaways)

2016: Buffalo +6 (18 takeaways) Dallas +5 (20 takeaways)

So what this tells me is that from 2016-2020 (Dak's rookie year was 2016 whereas Allen's rookie year was 2018) the Buffalo Bills have averaged 23.8 defensive takeaways and a +/- turnover differential of +3.6. Meanwhile, during the same time period the Dallas Cowboys have averaged 20.2 defensive takeaways and a +/- turnover differential of +.6%

So, while there is a slight difference in terms of average defensive turnovers, there is an equal difference in terms of average amount of offensive turnovers......leading one to see that Buffalo's offense does not turn the ball over as much as the Dallas offense has been doing on average while the Buffalo defense has done a better job at forcing turnovers than the Dallas defense.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
No, you can't hitch to a couple of stats from two different seasons and conclude anything.

Why not? If it is about points for and against differential than why not be able to compare two different seasons that were only one season apart? I mean, if that is the logic being used then a comparison is in fact in order, especially seeing as how the nearest complete season for Dak is in fact 2019.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
What's really strange is anyone hating on either QB. They're essentially the same type of QB. Why hate a player and go to a forum and post about it ad nauseum?
Yea I don't get it either. It makes no sense. And then they tried to say Dak is a "game manager"......but Josh isn't....this one is a weird one and probably their worst case scenario to saying Dak shouldn't get paid. Yet, they are still doing it. I wish they'd just come out and say "Look, I don't like Dak and I don't want him to get paid....". At least they'd be keeping it real lol.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Why not? If it is about points for and against differential than why not be able to compare two different seasons that were only one season apart? I mean, if that is the logic being used then a comparison is in fact in order, especially seeing as how the nearest complete season for Dak is in fact 2019.
That's not the "logic" I would use. It's not a one on one competition. It's conjecture. It's opinion. Not logic.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Yea I don't get it either. It makes no sense. And then they tried to say Dak is a "game manager"......but Josh isn't....this one is a weird one and probably their worst case scenario to saying Dak shouldn't get paid. Yet, they are still doing it. I wish they'd just come out and say "Look, I don't like Dak and I don't want him to get paid....". At least they'd be keeping it real lol.
I work at New Era stadium from time to time. I've seen a crap-ton of games. They're a lot alike. You know what's not alike? The surrounding team, coaches and fans.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
So based on the 2020 season the Bills averaged 31.31 points/ game on offense and allowed an average of 23.44 points/game on defense. They finished the season with a record of 13-3 and made it to the AFC Championship game.

Therefore, based on that logic the 2019 Dallas Cowboys averaged 27.125 points/game on offense and allowed an average of 20.06 points/game on defense.........so a very similar +/- ratio to that of the 2020 Buffalo Bills.......so shouldn't Dallas then have finished the 2019 season better than 8-8?????

Where did the Cowboys rank in turnovers in 2019?

USArmyVet

Reaction score
I'm victim of doing that.....i'll try to specifically direct you but it doesn't help when you guys keep regurgitating the same opinions and "stats" back to back lol.

But do you agree with what I said? Do you think Dak and this team was held back by Garrett?

Personally I think what in part has held back this organization for the past 25+_ years is Jerry Jones himself. While anyone can point to Romo, Dak, Garrett, Gailey, defense, etc. the one common variable is in fact Jerry Jones. So, while I have my own perspective on Dallas' current Qb (Dak) I was equally skeptical of when Romo received his extension as I viewed him the same way I viewed Dak: puts up stats but didn't elevate the team deep into the playoffs.

However, as I said, I put more weight into the failings of Jerry Jones & Co. than anything else for ultimately they are the ones making the GM decisions that consistently have cost this team any legitimate degree of success.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I work at New Era stadium from time to time. I've seen a crap-ton of games. They're a lot alike. You know what's not alike? The surrounding team, coaches and fans.
And they normally get this any other time.....but that's how I know this is straight agenda based when you're going out of your way to convince us that Josh Allen is superior to Dak or that they aren't alike. As if these guys even watch Josh Allen to begin with lol.

Reactions: G2

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Where did the Cowboys rank in turnovers in 2019?

18th based on 17 defensive turnovers and 18 offensive giveaways

Had Dallas accomplished their average defensive turnovers of around 20 they would have finished with a +/- differential of around 12th.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Turnover Differential By Year (Dallas vs. Buffalo)

2020: Buffalo +4 (26 takeaways) Dallas -3 (23 takeaways)

2019: Buffalo +4 (23 takeaways) Dallas -1 (17 takeaways)

2018: Buffalo -5 (27 takeaways) Dallas +3 (20 takeaways)

2017: Buffalo +9 (25 takeaways) Dallas -1 (21 takeaways)

2016: Buffalo +6 (18 takeaways) Dallas +5 (20 takeaways)

So what this tells me is that from 2016-2020 (Dak's rookie year was 2016 whereas Allen's rookie year was 2018) the Buffalo Bills have averaged 23.8 defensive takeaways and a +/- turnover differential of +3.6. Meanwhile, during the same time period the Dallas Cowboys have averaged 20.2 defensive takeaways and a +/- turnover differential of +.6%

So, while there is a slight difference in terms of average defensive turnovers, there is an equal difference in terms of average amount of offensive turnovers......leading one to see that Buffalo's offense does not turn the ball over as much as the Dallas offense has been doing on average while the Buffalo defense has done a better job at forcing turnovers than the Dallas defense.
Those stat's favor Buffalo lol.

Reactions: G2