Josh Allen extended by Buffalo

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jackson is a former league MVP ..and who wouldve thought Josh Allen would be getting that kind of record breaking contract ?
Me, just like Jackson, Murray and maybe Mayfield. I do not think Mayfield is great but I am not a Browns fan in Cleveland either.

It's all about what's that QB worth to that team?

Josh Allen has resurrected that old Bills feeling, how do you price that out? He's the best thing to happen to those fans since Kelly, players that want to be there. Players that they feel reflect them. Bills fans are as ardent as any in the game.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
His rookie season isn't still his best season.

He's a legit threat to win the MVP and lead his team to the Super Bowl. He's already shown he can get past the divisional round at least. Young guy that has lethal arms and legs. He's a top legit 6 QB.
he showed he can get past divisional round or his team? I am confused...seems the subjective method of measuring is changing.....

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
ahhh so you are trying to say team success, which isn’t an individual accomplishment. All I know is the stats from 2019>2016
TDs and yards yes, and also turnovers.

I'll take his rookie season and him being a good game manager any day. The same way most would, because him playing that way led to success.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
No. But hes only really had one great season. Kinda like Dak. So what are you talking about? His rookie year was meh, his second year was good and his third year was GREAT!. So hes had one great season. Just like Dak. So I am just wondering why it wasnt ok to pay our guy who in your opinion had one great year, but its well deserved when Allen gets paid for one great year.
Maybe both are worth it

conner01

Reaction score
Jackson is a former league MVP ..and who wouldve thought Josh Allen would be getting that kind of record breaking contract ?
I expected it
He’s one of the top young QB’s
Jackson won an mvp with his legs
Allen has the arm

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
More team friendly...not as friendly as Mahomes', but much more than Dak's

Notice he let them stretch it out to 6 years.

Ave guarantees are 25m/year (150 for 6 years)

Dak ave guarantees are 31.5m/year (126 for 4 years)....and hoping to break the bak again in just 4 years
is this new contracts math.... we take the gaurantee and devide by length of contract...which is not the way it works. guarantee kick in even if he is cut, based on the contract, but each year of the contract has numbers, which if he plays that year without modifying the contract, they kick in and become gauranteed in the first week of the season....this was total cockamamie math here you tried to pass. absolute nonesense

Doomsday101

Reaction score
its not greed. its in the contracts with NFLPA. the players get X amount of the revenue. and then the money gets divided between the players based on importance, etc. so I don't call it greed. and before anyone mentions Brady, lets not forget Brady is on his 6 or is it 7th contract. he made his money, he just wants rings. and his wife makes 5 times what he makes. Allen is on his first renegotiation..... lets see what he does in his 20th year...

I understand that, it was a joke. Dak signs and he is just greedy. I may not agree with how the NFL pay structure is but it is what it is. Dak as a player had the opportunity in FA and got paid. He is no more nor less greedy than any of the players in the NFL

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
it wasn't them freaking out. it was a temporary thing to make dak bashing posts...they knew full well it would be short lived...now they will switch to something else and will claim they never said those things
Agreed. Now, his shoulder needs 17 surgeries and we should trade him because he's not throwing over mountains in practice.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
More team-friendly...not as friendly as Mahomes', but much more than Dak's

Dak ave guarantees are 31.5m/year (126 for 4 years)....and hoping to break the bak again in just 4 years

They locked him up as soon as they could.
6'5 237, sturdy frame, cannon arm and a great runner.
Dak is not good enough to be as greedy as he was.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
More team friendly...not as friendly as Mahomes', but much more than Dak's

It will not go 6 years and both sides know it. It will be lucky to make 4 years. 150M / 4 is 37.5 and that will be low by 2024.

Comparing this to Prescott's 4 year isn't fair, his agent was holding out to negotiate in 4, Allen's agent will do the same thing. Mahomes 10 year deal is a joke.

Rodgers is MVP, think he's taking backseat to Mahomes in the area that matters most? That's how QB's keep score. Most could care less about Brady's rings, they'll take their salary over his.

Last edited:

phildadon86

Reaction score
There's a BIGGGG difference in those season and when they happened, the numbers they put up, and the success it led too. It's okay though, put them blinders on and move along.
You do realize we were an Aaron Rodgers throw away from a NFCCG in Daks rookie season right? And our defense allowed 200 yards rushing against the Rams in our next divisional game. But yeah. Its all Dak lol.

DFWJC

Reaction score
is this new contracts math.... we take the gaurantee and devide by length of contract...which is not the way it works. guarantee kick in even if he is cut, based on the contract, but each year of the contract has numbers, which if he plays that year without modifying the contract, they kick in and become gauranteed in the first week of the season....this was total cockamamie math here you tried to pass. absolute nonesense
Calm down

Just giving you the facts.
One of my best friends is a sports agent. I think I know what I'm talking about.
I know how guarantees work.

If he did only a 4 year deal (for ...say 126 mil) he'd be up for a whole new set of guarantees 2 years earlier....even if it was a 2 year extension (to get to 6) the guarantees would be in the 70-80 range......so 200 instead of 150
It IS additive.

Can they tear this deal up after 4 years?...yes. But they more flexibilty

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Allen can get you a ring. He's getting better every year. He's not chasing the ghost of his rookie season 5 years in.

If we're talking Dak or Allen, then yes, I'm taking Allen every single time.
btw, I like allen too....I do think he is slightly above Dak, that's where I ranked him. so not surprised he got a big contract.

as to getting a ring, Marino thought the same thing. Dilfer didn't.....there is a lot of dependencies to getting a ring.

DFWJC

Reaction score
It will not go 6 years and both sides know it. It will ne lucky to make 4 years. 150M / 4 is 37.5 and that will be low by 2024.

Comparing this to Prescott's 4 year isn't fair, his agent was holding out to negotiate in 4, Allen's agent will do the same thing. Mahomes 10 year deal is a joke.

Rodgers is MVP, think he's taking backseat to Mahomes in the area that matters most? That's how QB's keep score. Most could care less about Brady's rings, they'll take their salary over his.
It gives them flexibility;