Josh Allen extended by Buffalo

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Calm down

Just giving you the facts.
One of my best friends is a sports agent. I think I know what I'm talking about.
I know how guarantees work.

If he did only a 4 year deal (for ...say 126 mil) he'd be up for a whole new set of guarantees 2 years earlier....even if it was a 2 year extension (to get to 6) the guarantees would be in the 70-80 range......so 200 instead of 150
It IS additive.
one of my friends is a NASA phsysist and the other is a PhD in math.......It doesn't make me a scientist or any better at explaining it.....you tried new math, its totally meaningless.....

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
You do realize we were an Aaron Rodgers throw away from a NFCCG in Daks rookie season right? And our defense allowed 200 yards rushing against the Rams in our next divisional game. But yeah. Its all Dak lol.
I don't care what we was and wasn't.

It didn't happen.

You can use all the excuses you want to, but it changes nothing that happened.

Adreme

Reaction score
I expected it
He’s one of the top young QB’s
Jackson won an mvp with his legs
Allen has the arm

I mean Jackson lead the league in TD passes the year he won MVP so it was more than just his legs (it was also having Mark Andrews in the red zone).

DFWJC

Reaction score
one of my friends is a NASA phsysist and the other is a PhD in math.......It doesn't make me a scientist or any better at explaining it.....you tried new math, its totally meaningless.....
Grow up

That's not remotely new math.

It's very common to measure commitment over time like that

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
His rookie season isn't still his best season.

He's a legit threat to win the MVP and lead his team to the Super Bowl. He's already shown he can get past the divisional round at least. Young guy that has lethal arms and legs. He's a top legit 6 QB.
he is truly a franchise qb and i think with the coaching staff he has and the team around him he probably will go to the superbowl some day the only thing is that he is in a really tough conference has lots of really good qb to get through

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak is not good enough to be as greedy as he was.
The value of any player is what any team is willing to pay.

I do not think greedy is the correct word here. He plays for a team that has shown on almost every occasion to be weak at dealing with the star players and he plays for a team with a showoff owner than likes to throw the price of his toys around to impress people and that Forbes ranking.

It is not the job of any player in the NFL to manage the team's cap and that is the insinuation when greedy is applied, his unfair share. Were Lawrence, Cooper, Elliott and Smith's shares unfair? Were they greedy or did their agents realize exactly what poor negotiators they were dealing with?

Any agent or player that cuts a team a deal that did what they did with two years left on the contract of a RB is going to get laughed out of the league. It is not a sport, it is only a business.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Grow up

That's not remotely new math.

It's very common to measure commitment over time like that
which is based on the value of the commitment in each year of the contract.....not just gaurantees, which will work out differently if the player gets cut for example....

so you can't spin it into something you want to argue, because its meaningless and useless.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Dak is not good enough to be as greedy as he was.
btw, why was Dak Greedy?

Allen is getting a massive contract, up front money with two years left on his contract. as they say in business I rather pay later and get paid sooner...money now is worth more than money in the future, basic finance....Dak's contract completed...so I don't call it greed. its business....its value to the eyes of the buyers....

Loso86

Reaction score
All I'm saying is the number of fans that freaked out ignored how the market value goes up. The longer you wait, the more you pay. Simple.
No I get it, but it was 50/50. Daks people knew that too and wouldn't even negotiate at one point. Daks agent has a bad reputation of that

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I have got to get me a new circle of friends. You guys are hanging out with all the right people.
they are boring though but man they can talk some scientific shiet that will blow your mind (specially if you are half drunk), I have my PhD, but left the science world and got into business. I liked the excitement much better...plus I got to control my own destiny....and not have to listen to a bunch of Buffon managers (which I became one LOL)

Doomsday101

Reaction score
"LED HIS TEAM"

He is the leader of the team, just like Dak is supposed to be the leader of the Cowboys.

Wherever the Cowboys go, because Dak is the QB, he will be the one that leads them there.

True and yet QB also depends on those around him. QB does not block, QB is not running routs and making catches and he does not play on defense or special teams. QB is the hardest spot out there with the greatest responsibility but yet his success hinges a lot on those around him

DFWJC

Reaction score
which is based on the value of the commitment in each year of the contract.....not just gaurantees, which will work out differently if the player gets cut for example....

so you can't spin it into something you want to argue, because its meaningless and useless.
Just using apples and apples then

Are you saying 150 million guaranteed over a 4 year deal would be the same a 150 million over an 8 year deal?
or

Do you think 50 mil guaranteed on a 50 mil contract is the same a 50 mil guaranteed on a 150 mil contract?

Guarantees as a percentage of contract and guarantees divided by years are real factors considered by agents and GMs.