Josh Allen extended by Buffalo

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Just using apples and apples then

Are you saying 150 million guaranteed over a 4 year deal would be the same a 150 million over an 8 year deal?
or

Do you think 50 mil guaranteed on a 50 mil contract is the same a 50 mil guaranteed on a 150 mil contract?

Guarantees as a percentage of contract and guarantees divided by years are real factors considered by agents and GMs.
that's not apples to apples, that's apples to oranges.....if that's the totality of the entire contract, then no they are not same....but what are the other terms of the contract and the additional money.....if its a 150M contract with a total additional money of 50 M over 4 years, then if the contract completes without renegotiation, then its 40M per year, on the other hand, if the 150M contract has additional 200M in money and the contract finishes without renegotiation then its 44M per year.....regardless, if guarantees are guarantees then no matter when you get cut, you are getting that guaranteed amount...also, the money in the year of the contract is important....if the additional money is back loaded as opposed to front loaded, given there is in NFL contracts additional money in each year of the contract. also the bonus money makes a difference, because that's money you get up front (although sometimes they don't). I am sure agents care about gaurantees and front loaded vs. back loaded, because back loaded means they will get renegotiated or released (if team chooses so) and opportunity for another negotiations, more guarantees in another contract.

so no, your spin is incorrect the way you presented it.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
There is a pattern to the bias, concerning players lifestyle, money and worth. Allen is elite??? Allen deserves his contract and much more to some. Jackson, does not deserve Allen money. Dak does not deserve Dak money. Dak was in MVP talk, (1 vote) as well as Zeke (6 votes), in 2016. The bias is deafening.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
There is a pattern to the bias, concerning players lifestyle, money and worth. Allen is elite??? Allen deserves his contract and much more to some. Jackson, does not deserve Allen money. Dak does not deserve Dak money. Dak was in MVP talk, (1 vote) as well as Zeke (6 votes), in 2016. The bias is deafening.

So if I am reading your post correctly the bias you are referring to is racial in nature?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
True and yet QB also depends on those around him. QB does not block, QB is not running routs and making catches and he does not play on defense or special teams. QB is the hardest spot out there with the greatest responsibility but yet his success hinges a lot on those around him
that's his spin....one argument its Dak who can't win, next argument its a team thing....just depends on the argument at hand....in this one, he clearly wants to point fingers at Dak.....

now, according to him, once its all over, if Allen never wins a superbowl and Dak wins one, then he takes Dak over Allen...but that's after the fact, which is sometimes fast forwarded into the argument for the present in some weird way....

CWR

Reaction score
one of my friends is a NASA phsysist and the other is a PhD in math.......It doesn't make me a scientist or any better at explaining it.....you tried new math, its totally meaningless.....

Love life not what it used to be? I've got a buddy who's a surgeon. Come on over. We can drink a sixer, and I'll throw some implants in your wife. I'm plenty qualified lol.

Just kidding guys. I was just amused with your point :laugh:

CWR

Reaction score
True and yet QB also depends on those around him. QB does not block, QB is not running routs and making catches and he does not play on defense or special teams. QB is the hardest spot out there with the greatest responsibility but yet his success hinges a lot on those around him

Which is why Dan Marino never won a superbowl. It doesn't make him a less than awesome qb. Its just how it went down. QBs aren't always judged fairly.

Flamma

Reaction score
If the young QB’s I see Allen as the second best of guys not on rookie deals so right behind Mahomes seems about right

Not sure what you mean by this, but Allen will still be on his rookie deal for the next 2 years.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No I get it, but it was 50/50. Daks people knew that too and wouldn't even negotiate at one point. Daks agent has a bad reputation of that
I wouldn't say getting a QB not ranked in the top 5 by anyone top 2 money is a bad rep. Agents would loved to have that rep.

You are taking a strategy employed against some front offices as the only way France chooses to do business. He got criticized for not getting that deal for Prescott the first time when they were in agreement to wait. Prescott did not fire his agent like so many here predicted but France was villainized for working in the best interest of his client with that client's cooperation.

Stonewalling in negotiations is one of the most effective strategies one can employ, all dependent on who you are negotiating with. An ignored call or message usually gets action and it did in this case because the Joneses could keep their ever flapping mouths shut. Played right into France's strategy. They whined to the media and he remained silent.

Loso, throughout all of that marathon negotiating, from our point of view, not one time did I see anyone address the real problem. The Joneses chose to try and use the media, going as far as to plant a lie about what Prescott was demanding and I do not think that 40M lie turned into the truth by coincidence.

These are the same people that planted that bogus parking lot video about Dez Bryant during the negotiations causing him the threaten to hold out and that head idiot actually said his QB, the one he was negotiating with, was the only QB that could play behind the OL he had given him. The negotiations paused while Romo, his wife and agent conferred about the latest stupid remark from the GM.

How is the hell does anyone fault any agent or player for getting over on these clowns?

Do you see any other teams trying to use the media in negotiations? Did we even know what the Bills were up to? Do we know what BAL, AZ and CLE are up to? We think we do but they're not letting us in on it because their fragile egos don't need celebrity juju.

Last edited:

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Which is why Dan Marino never won a superbowl. It doesn't make him a less than awesome qb. Its just how it went down. QBs aren't always judged fairly.
exactly...if I knew the future and someone would have told me that Dilfer would win a superbowl with your team and marino wouldn't I would take Dilfer, but that's after the fact. Dilfer ending up in the right place at the right time...
at the present with what we know we make decisions that gives us the best chance to succeed. if Both Marino and Dilfer were available at the same time without knowing the future, you would have to be utterly stuppid to take Dilfer. anyone would tell you that.....Marino was an awsome QB and he gave his team a chance to compete, where without him they had no chance.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Not sure what you mean by this, but Allen will still be on his rookie deal for the next 2 years.
it means he is getting a lot of up front money, two years ahead of his contract running out.....money today is always better than money two years from now

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
they are boring though but man they can talk some scientific shiet that will blow your mind (specially if you are half drunk), I have my PhD, but left the science world and got into business. I liked the excitement much better...plus I got to control my own destiny....and not have to listen to a bunch of Buffon managers (which I became one LOL)
I dropped out of college but can make underarm farts on request.

John813

Reaction score
I think one thing to look at is how the guarantees are given.
How much is signing bonus and how much is salary that is guaranteed.

DFWJC

Reaction score
So if I am reading your post correctly the bias you are referring to is racial in nature?
It's comical.
Some of these folks would assess this type of total nonsense by the shade of wallet you carry.
:lmao:
It's mind-bogglingly dumb.

Notice Wilson or Mahomes are not mentioned.....conveniently, because the old QB narrative goes out the window where it belongs and has been for 20-30 years now.

Maybe that was not the implication, but there are a few here that always pull out that card or hat least insinuate it.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

The bias that I am referring to is whatever you believe it to be. Certain players are more worthy, even if they both have similar resumes. Dak has been bashed unmercifully, for his contract but Allen's is celebrated. As far as his money is concerned, the Bills can restructure. Dak, on the other hand has drained the Cowboys so, that they are strapped for years to come.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I dropped out of college but can make underarm farts on request.
I never judge anyone, every one travels a different path in life and is confronted with various life decisions along the way...we all make our best for ourselves and our families at the time. to me life experiences count the most. My best friend barely made it out of high school, dropped out of community college, got into real estate business and he is multi-millionaire today. he just had street smarts and new how to negotiate...I learned a lot from him....you learn from everyone you encounter in life.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
It's comical.
Some of these folks would assess this type of total nonsense by the shade of wallet you carry.
:lmao:
It's mind-bogglingly dumb.

Notice Wilson or Mahomes are not mentioned.....conveniently, because the old QB narrative goes out the window where it belongs and has been for 20-30 years now.
I'm not gonna side with either side of that argument but bringing up Mahomes and Russ doesn't kill the argument. So basically in order to be the highest paid in the league you have to be a Super Bowl winner but no one is questioning how many rings Josh Allen has. Once again, that's not may argument but it surely doesn't dead the argument by bringing up Mahomes.....