Josh Allen

RoboQB

Reaction score
I don't listen to "soft bubble gum crap". I listen to artists who share similar views that I do. Doesn't contain the N word but that doesn't make it "soft" lol. I'm also in my late 20's though. I'm not listening to what 16 year olds listen to.

The "powers that be" are the ones who are controlling division. People telling others on what they should or shouldn't be offended by is where the division comes from. Not listening to others is where division comes from. Hating something you don't understand........being sensitive to racial slurs or being offended does not help create division.

We just need to start listening and relating to others regardless if we look like that person. Because at the end of the day we all breathe, eat and sleep just like the next person. The quicker we understand that....maybe things can start to change.

So, you're telling me I'm creating division by telling you not to be so easily offended. Yet you're saying I need to listen to and relate to you.
That's rich. I guess, by your logic, both of us are the problem.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
So, you're telling me I'm creating division by telling you not to be so easily offended. Yet you're saying I need to listen to and relate to you.
That's rich. I guess, by your logic, both of us are the problem.
Your being defensive lol. I was speaking in general. I'm not asking you or anyone else to listen to me. I'm saying when you see someone....whether its someone black or white or Mexican.......and they say they are offended.....the proper way to handle that IMO is to listen to the person that is offended and hear them out. Its a very simple concept. Just shut up and listen. Once again, not directly to you but I'm speaking about anyone. Sometimes...that's all it takes. But instead, when you take the opposite approach and tell someone "Oh grow up" or "Move on" or "Quit being sensitive".....you will get a more aggressive approach from that person. People want to know they are being heard and not being dismissed. We have to understand that just because we aren't offended by something doesn't give us the right to tell someone that they shouldn't be offended by it. It comes off incredibly reckless and insensitive.

Enjoy your day and the draft!

RoboQB

Reaction score
Your being defensive lol. I was speaking in general. I'm not asking you or anyone else to listen to me. I'm saying when you see someone....whether its someone black or white or Mexican.......and they say they are offended.....the proper way to handle that IMO is to listen to the person that is offended and hear them out. Its a very simple concept. Just shut up and listen. Once again, not directly to you but I'm speaking about anyone. Sometimes...that's all it takes. But instead, when you take the opposite approach and tell someone "Oh grow up" or "Move on" or "Quit being sensitive".....you will get a more aggressive approach from that person. People want to know they are being heard and not being dismissed. We have to understand that just because we aren't offended by something doesn't give us the right to tell someone that they shouldn't be offended by it. It comes off incredibly reckless and insensitive.

Enjoy your day and the draft!

Yeah, I jumped off the rails there for a moment.
I agree with most of your generalization.
We've steared away from the thread topic a bit. Bottom line for me is that it should not
have been turned into a national story. He was a minor. I'd feel the same way if it came out
that Lamar Jackson tweeted "white boy" or "cracker" as a minor.... hell, it wouldn't bother
me if he said it today.
Enjoy the draft. I respect your opinion. See you in the 'Zone.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Only on message boards. Otherwise, read the 1st ammendment. Or are you part of the party wishing to do away with that?
Read the first amendment lol. You don't even believe that. If you do why don't you goto your job and call someone some of those hot button names and see how long you're still working there because you know first amendment and all. I'd love to see if that holds up because maybe I'm wrong. Why would I be apart of a party to get rid of it? Can some of y'all have a discussion without being all emotional about it? It's not one post of mine in this thread that said jack about limiting free speech so could you at least comment on things I said if you want to quote me? If you don't understand something I posted I'm willing to clarify to clear up confusion.

RoboQB

Reaction score
Read the first amendment lol. You don't even believe that. If you do why don't you goto your job and call someone some of those hot button names and see how long you're still working there because you know first amendment and all. I'd love to see if that holds up because maybe I'm wrong. Why would I be apart of a party to get rid of it? Can some of y'all have a discussion without being all emotional about it? It's not one post of mine in this thread that said jack about limiting free speech so could you at least comment on things I said if you want to quote me? If you don't understand something I posted I'm willing to clarify to clear up confusion.

"We already live in a world that limits speech and has consequences for things people don't feel are appropriate come join us." -Philmonroe

My bad. I thought we were talking about a kid in high school posting tweets with slang words from music and movies.

revospeed

Reaction score
Why is Josh Allen getting in trouble, but Ty Burrell and Rick Ross, the people he is quoting, never took any heat for saying those things?

If he quoted certain lines in Bob Dylan’s “Hurricane”, why would Bob Dylan get a pass and Allen wouldn’t?

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This Josh Allen thing is SJW nonsense. Nobody who matters cares. Those offended have said much worse. Bleep off.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Oh and the person who released those tweets now is a scumbag of epic proportions. Hopefully karma takes care of him/her.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
"We already live in a world that limits speech and has consequences for things people don't feel are appropriate come join us." -Philmonroe

My bad. I thought we were talking about a kid in high school posting tweets with slang words from music and movies.
Smh. Even after an example of what my point was regarding we don't live in a world with consequences you still want to hit me with the obtuse stuff? I still never said anything about it I spoke on what the real world is. There is a difference. My friend was right when he said people get real obtuse when they want to regarding online/text convo.

It is your bad because if your slow on something I posted I told you I can clear it up instead dad of you trying to freestyle it.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
He's saying all the right things to make this right. He has a lot to lose if he drops a bit. This should be a teaching moment for everyone. Be careful what you say on social media because years later it can come back to haunt you. My best guess is he's the 4th QB to be drafted tonight but I have no idea which team claims him.