Twitter: Jourdan Lewis calling out the fans

romonumberone

Reaction score
Panic is not the right word. We just know what 5-4 means. It means best case scenario wildcard game. No SB. Maybe Lewis is happy collecting his money and winning 8-9 games and getting bounced in the 1st round. As a fan i am tired of 25 years of mediocrity. If this was a Jimmy Johnson team their attitude & expectations would be different. It's too bad that they are happy with things the way they are.

If Jerry really wanted to win he would get out of his own way and hire a different kind of coach.

The biggest issue I have with Garrett is the culture around Valley Ranch.

The players should be pissed. Losing 4 games by such small margins. All very winnable games. Jets... Saints without Brees..... Packers without Adams at home. Vikings without Thielen and some other players at home.

Beating the Commanders, Dolphins, Giants twice, is nothing to be proud of. 5-23 record.... most of those 5 wins are because they had to play each other.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
He’s right tho. And he’s almost certainly not the only player who feels this way. You guys are completely lame when you overreact this way.

Here is something that may be hard for you to understand...the fans pay his salary. Team revenue comes from the sale if merchandise, tickets, concessions. TV and Radio is all about advertising revenue. For who, why it is fans they are trying to target. The whole league lives because of the fans. Not the stupid players. Not the owners. The fans. This joke of an organization has been languishing for 25 years. Well before Lewis was born. I have no doubt His IQ struggles to get to 3 digits. It would be good for someone to inform him about how the works.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Panic is not the right word. We just know what 5-4 means. It means best case scenario wildcard game. No SB. Maybe Lewis is happy collecting his money and winning 8-9 games and getting bounced in the 1st round. As a fan i am tired of 25 years of mediocrity. If this was a Jimmy Johnson team their attitude & expectations would be different. It's too bad that they are happy with things the way they are.

If Jerry really wanted to win he would get out of his own way and hire a different kind of coach.

The biggest issue I have with Garrett is the culture around Valley Ranch.

The players should be pissed. Losing 4 games by such small margins. All very winnable games. Jets... Saints without Brees..... Packers without Adams at home. Vikings without Thielen and some other players at home.

Beating the Commanders, Dolphins, Giants twice, is nothing to be proud of. 5-23 record.... most of those 5 wins are because they had to play each other.

I truly don’t think these players care as much about losses as we do... I’m not sure if that’s just a younger player mentality or if Garrett’s roboticness has gotten into their heads and made them simply not care about winning or losing...

RodeoJake

Reaction score
He’s right tho. And he’s almost certainly not the only player who feels this way. You guys are completely lame when you overreact this way.

There might be some overreaction. It's only one game, but it was a very important game. It was lost due to suspect coaching decisions and some really bad execution on the field. We still look like a group of individuals without discipline.

Fans are ready for this team to show it can get over the hump, and this team continues to show it ain't there. There's no hope it will ever be talented enough to overcome mediocre coaching and a narcissistic owner who likes to play GM.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Would love for Jimmy or Parcells to take over these pampered princesses - these guys wouldn't know what hit them.

That actually makes me think. If a way harder coach came into Dallas next year and acted like Belichick or Parcells, how would our players react? Couldn’t they possibly retaliate due to tougher coaching and rules that they aren’t used to?

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Winning a crappy division is no big prize. The only non division game we've won is Miami.
The big prize for winning a crappy division is the playoffs. Anything can happen in the playoffs. So just because some fans (not you in particular) are mailing it in doesn't mean these players should also. This is a crap team right now, but some crap teams have ended up hoisting the Lombardi at seasons end. So most players have a never say never mindset. As all of them should.

cowboyec

Reaction score
he's right.
5-4....still in 1st in the East.
everything still in front of us.
and hell....for all we know....that might've been a pre-view of the NFC Title Game.
this season...our season...is a LONG way from being decided.

and I can say that and still disagree with the play-calling at the end.
the better team lost.
we'll see'm again.

:starspin:'MERICA'S TEAM:starspin:

Bigdog

Reaction score
Imagine if Lewis and this team was playing in the Premier League or some South American soccer league they would be crucified in the media and maybe literally by the fans. Sorry Mr. Lewis if we expect a lot out this team but that is what happens when there is history of success from previous teams. Deal with it.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Is it really "lame" to think we are capped with these coaches? They've shown us time and time again they can only take us so far.

I think calling the team 8-8 or 6-10 ect is kind of lame, but expecting a first round playoff loss is pretty rational at this point, or even barely missing the playoffs. Based on schedule and how the season has gone that seems fair.

Expect whatever you want. But it’s still the case that you don’t know and will have to see. It’s the panicking and acting like you’re sure when there’s a ton of football left to play that Lewis is talking about here.

Not you, personally, but you know what I mean.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

Players should have far bigger issues than worrying about what fans say on social media.

Time will tell if fans are overreacting or if these are indeed the "same old Cowboys" again.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
JTT is saying he gets arrogant vibes covering this team. Nate says the locker room feels more like a bunch of stars than a real team. Something is off.

Once again. Imploding. I said it before, this team plays as a group of individuals and not a unit. It’s a Garrett coaching problem and it will lead to an implosion. Egos are getting big and I doubt they’d call each other out, but I can’t rule that out with everyone putting the blame on others so far on this team...Dak even called out him teammates in an article before the Philly game. He didn’t call anyone out in specific, but you can tell it may have been targeted at someone or a specific group. This is what happens when you treat a team like a country club. We’ll see where this goes...

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What should the reaction be to a team that had super bowl aspirations and just finished the easiest part of their schedule.....heck the easiest schedule in the entire league through half of the season with a record of 5-4.

Not what you guys are doing now, anyway. Running around with your hair on fire and throwing yourselves off of buildings.