Twitter: Jourdan Lewis calling out the fans

HungryLion

Reaction score
No it's not, but I don't think lack of effort is the reason either, and as long as the players are giving their best, I'm not talking crap about them.

These dudes get paid millions to play. They’ll be fine.

they could also shut everyone up by winning.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
A Titans player had to go on twitter yesterday and basically beg the fans to stop picking on him because his feelings were getting hurt. All fanbases are the same.
Was it adoree Jackson? Because he got murdered

Chrispierce

Reaction score
Ok ...so I went on Lewis acct see tweet’s and replies. He’s a chill street cat who’s attitude is typically that. He’s not insulting anyone. But he’s getting lots of tweets from followers about why Dallas sucks,thus his tweet, But #1...fire Garrett tweets!! Loooool. But yeah,they are hearing it...any player on Twitter is. Alll of them I’m checking. So,you’ve got that and the losing stuff...big deal he says that.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
These dudes get paid millions to play. They’ll be fine.

they could also shut everyone up by winning.
Of course they'll be fine, but if you could choose between fans who believed in you and fans that criticize you at every opportunity, which would you choose? Which would you play better for?

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
There is an arrogance about this team I do not like.

I agree yall lame

Fans think they can call out players when times get rough, but get all butt hurt when a player calls out the fan base for jumping ship when times get tough.

Seems like he struck a soft spot in you

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You are kidding me right? 95 pct of league revenue comes from the fans directly or indirectly. You think owners tap their personal wealth to pay players? Jesus please grow a brain. Fans have a right to complain.

I didn’t say the owners aren’t paying players from the revenue they earn when they sell you content.

I said the dollars stop being yours when you buy their product, and so you have zero say in how they are spent. So stop acting like you do.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Of course they'll be fine, but if you could choose between fans who believed in you and fans that criticize you at every opportunity, which would you choose? Which would you play better for?

The team hasn’t been good at all. Jourdan calling out fans for being upset about it is tone deaf.

And the fans comments online should have zero bearing on how they play.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
After every loss “there’s a lot of football left”.

yeah you know what else? They’ve already played a lot of football and have been underachieving badly.

That’s their fault. Not the fans.

Not at every loss. At every early season loss. The playoffs don’t really shake out until after Thanksgiving. You’ve seen NFL seasons before, right?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The team hasn’t been good at all. Jourdan calling out fans for being upset about it is tone deaf.

And the fans comments online should have zero bearing on how they play.
They haven't been playing well, but I assume he's not calling out fans for being upset about it. I think he's calling out the fans who are being douchey about it.

And I think it's perfectly understandable for players to play harder for fans who appreciate them, just as they play harder for some coaches.

HungryLion

Reaction score
They haven't been playing well, but I assume he's not calling out fans for being upset about it. I think he's calling out the fans who are being douchey about it.

And I think it's perfectly understandable for players to play harder for fans who appreciate them, just as they play harder for some coaches.

Agree to disagree. Fan comments online should have zero bearing on their performance and any insinuation that it does, reeks of an excuse.

CWR

Reaction score
Expect whatever you want. But it’s still the case that you don’t know and will have to see. It’s the panicking and acting like you’re sure when there’s a ton of football left to play that Lewis is talking about here.

Not you, personally, but you know what I mean.

Agreed, I cant stand the speaking in absolutes. Speculating is one thing, passing opinion like fact is silly.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Agree to disagree. Fan comments online should have zero bearing on their performance and any insinuation that it does, reeks of an excuse.
Haha.......No brother, I'm not trying to say they're losing because of the fans. I'm just saying I think they'd be more likely to give just a little more for fans who don't berate them.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I didn’t say the owners aren’t paying players from the revenue they earn when they sell you content.

I said the dollars stop being yours when you buy their product, and so you have zero say in how they are spent. So stop acting like you do.

You are hopeless. I wasn’t arguing that at all. I was arguing that fans have a right to be mad and players should be smarter about who butters their bread. Look, I know you to be a shameless supporter of all things Cowboys. So keep on doing your thing. Whatever works for you. Just know that Lenin had a term for that...

HungryLion

Reaction score
Haha.......No brother, I'm not trying to say they're losing because of the fans. I'm just saying I think they'd be more likely to give just a little more for fans who don't berate them.

i know you’re not trying to excuse their play either. I mean if they were trying to make that argument.

Listen. I can respect the fact that Jourdan seems to at least care what fans have to say.

but he also has to understand the historical context. It’s not just a 5-4 start. There’s a history of this organization that goes beyond when he got here.

CowboysLegends2

Reaction score
Maybe he's just looking for the fans to support the team, rather than tear it down.
The fans need a reason to support the team. What we are seeing from this roster is a bunch of individuals who can’t get serious until their backs are against the wall. They were discussing nicknames before accomplishing anything on the field.

They have ZERO wins outside of the division and will be fortunate to win 9 games. If Lewis doesn’t like the facts then maybe he should work on fixing it instead of complaining about not getting his ars kissed for showing up on game day.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The fans need a reason to support the team. What we are seeing from this roster is a bunch of individuals who can’t get serious until their backs are against the wall. They were discussing nicknames before accomplishing anything on the field.

They have ZERO wins outside of the division and will be fortunate to win 9 games. If Lewis doesn’t like the facts then maybe he should work on fixing it instead of complaining about not getting his ars kissed for showing up on game day.
Lewis is one of the few guys who played reasonably well against the Vikings, so he has more of a right to be offended than some others.

Insignificant point, but we did beat Miami, BTW.