Jourdan Lewis is getting abused

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Maybe I'm misinformed then but I only recall him giving up about 2 or 3 catches yesterday....

It's gonna happen. Someone has to get beat. Someone WILL get beat. Is it better if it's spread out? Bland gets beat on a 3rd down? Gilmore? I just feel like it averages out.
This isn’t rolling dice. Of course it does not even out. If it evened out every DB in the league would have 3-4 interception returns for TD’s.

The really good players( Bland), give up less plays and make more plays than the bad players(Lewis).

erod

Reaction score
Why doesn't Juanyey Thomas play over Lewis? I don't get it. He was good early this year.

exciter

Reaction score
I stated, staff thinks Lewis is better though, isn’t that saying coaches know best? Do you have comprehension issues? LOL

If Lewis is our best option we better start protecting him! He is a serious liability. We need to start doubling the slot receiver.
Lol, Lewis is fine… he’s going to get targeted more with teams trying to avoid the other two. He a much better option than a safety!

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
This isn’t rolling dice. Of course it does not even out. If it evened out every DB in the league would have 3-4 interception returns for TD’s.

The really good players( Bland), give up less plays and make more plays than the bad players(Lewis).
That's not what i'm saying. What i'm saying is in regards to a quarterback completing passes? Its gonna happen. If you have Bland, Gilmore and Diggs out there....they aren't going to not give up completions. Its like the Eagles....Lamb lit them up for 191 yards....everyone got it but Bradberry if i'm not mistaken. Lewis probably gave up 3 completions yesterday.....you take him off the field and replace him with Bland....Bland is still giving up 2 or 3 completions. Its just how it is.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Thought I was the only one seeing this. Lewis is definitely the weakest link on our defense. Time to put someone else in and see how it goes. oh!!!!! if Diggs could of just stayed healthy or missed only a few games...

goshann

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
everyone wants steak at every positon, some fans just assume all star players want to come to a crappy organization. Doesnt work that way. We might have to draft his replacement but i dont think hes the worst of the worst.
If u think nfl players think this is a ‘crap organization’ they don’t want to play for u are pretty clueless

kramskoi

Reaction score
That's not what i'm saying. What i'm saying is in regards to a quarterback completing passes? Its gonna happen. If you have Bland, Gilmore and Diggs out there....they aren't going to not give up completions. Its like the Eagles....Lamb lit them up for 191 yards....everyone got it but Bradberry if i'm not mistaken. Lewis probably gave up 3 completions yesterday.....you take him off the field and replace him with Bland....Bland is still giving up 2 or 3 completions. Its just how it is.
THIS.

The Cowboys gave up 77 yards passing on the day. Lewis is often on an island and the guy he matches up with has the advantage from the snap. You are never going to totally stop a team from completing passes. That's insane. The 49ers, Eagles, Browns, Chiefs, all give up passing yards...every...damn...week.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
No he isn't

Ya'll are spoiled to think everyone should be Diggs or Bland.
Agree. You can't have that much talent all over the field. You have to have guys who are just good team guys, and maybe their own skill sets. We have more depth than ever this year, though.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
THIS.

The Cowboys gave up 77 yards passing on the day. Lewis is often on an island and the guy he matches up with has the advantage from the snap. You are never going to totally stop a team from completing passes. That's insane. The 49ers, Eagles, Browns, Chiefs, all give up passing yards...every...damn...week.
Not to mention, he batted down at least one pass at a pretty critical moment when they had to hold on... so that matters. He seems to come up in clutch moments.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
He was supposed to be our 4th corner, he had a major injury, and he plays the 2nd hardest position in football besides QB which is slot corner.
Maybe it's Mukuamu in playoffs? I have a feeling they are holding him back for some reason. But he's still around on the team.

Diggs got paid and the way Bland is playing he is going to get paid too. I don't see where they have any room for a 3rd all-pro CB under the CAP. Lewis is the weak link but as others have stated, Diggs getting hurt is why he is on the field so much. Even so, can we really complain about the defense? No team shuts everyone out every week.
We have the most unrealistic fans.

Last edited:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
THIS.

Exactly. Not sure why this is hard for some to grasp.

BoysfanfromCanada

Reaction score
You guys do this every year. Someone has to get beat. It's Lewis this year. He gives up what? 2 or 3 catches?
This. No defense has no one giving up passes, its impossible. Lewis will give up some underneath stuff but he generally tackles his guy. He's a solid 4th CB thats having to play more due to Diggs going down. These fans must not watch other teams because every CB out there is getting beat at some point. There are maybe 2 shut down corners in the league, everyone else gives up catches.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
This. No defense has no one giving up passes, its impossible. Lewis will give up some underneath stuff but he generally tackles his guy. He's a solid 4th CB thats having to play more due to Diggs going down. These fans must not watch other teams because every CB out there is getting beat at some point. There are maybe 2 shut down corners in the league, everyone else gives up catches.
Even the so-called shut down corners give up catches. Nobody is perfect. Deion gave up TDs.. It's just how the game works. Of course, he didn't give up many, and that is the goal. For me, Jordan Lewis is in my good graces because he came up big against San Fran when we needed . Even though we didn't win, we were still in it when he came up big. To me, that matters.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
I wonder if fans of opposing teams call their CBs and safeties crap after giving up catches to Lamb, Cooks, Gallup, Tolbert, Brooks, and Turpin. Are the Cowboy WRs good or is it just that the opposing CBs and safeties just stink?
77 yards is the number....