Journalist Jim Trotter sues league for discrimination, referencing incident with Jerry Jones

Status
Not open for further replies.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
You want to frame the argument in a particular way with the question and I reject the premise. You want it to seem because at no point has a NFL team cut a player and given kneeling as cause for the cut is meaningful. I was just saying that there were other indications.
You reject the premise? Then don't answer it :facepalm: especially since I didn't ask you in the first place.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
I didn't. I was addressing the premise itself.

You aren't arguing that the NFL actively discouraged players speaking out on the issue so it's all good.
all of this word salad instead of either answering directly like a man would or ignoring the question. Smh

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
all of this word salad instead of either answering directly like a man would or ignoring the question. Smh
Your question has a premise, that premise is an assumption of the question. In this case you are making the assumption that because the NFL has never listed kneeling as a cause for a cut is meaningful. I am saying that it demonstrates nothing.

I guess if you want me to answer it directly I would say that the the NFL has never listed kneeling as a reason to cut a player but that does not mean they have not. Firms do it all the time to avoid all kinds of issues from EEO to workers comp to unemployment payments.

That is besides the point because the NFL including Jerry Jones himself actively discouraged the players speaking or acting out on the issue.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Your question has a premise, that premise is an assumption of the question. In this case you are making the assumption that because the NFL has never listed kneeling as a cause for a cut is meaningful. I am saying that it demonstrates nothing.

I guess if you want me to answer it directly I would say that the the NFL has never listed kneeling as a reason to cut a player but that does not mean they have not. Firms do it all the time to avoid all kinds of issues from EEO to workers comp to unemployment payments.

That is besides the point because the NFL including Jerry Jones himself actively discouraged the players speaking or acting out on the issue.
:facepalm: you got it my guy

calico

Reaction score
We all know Jerry will go out in disgrace eventually when all his demons catch up to him. Like the clippers owner and snyder.

DCreppinBoysfan

Reaction score
Hopefully they get Jerry out like they did Snyder
Goin be hard to get Jerruh out the trenches. The cowboys are to him, what ring was to the Golum: his precious. Jerry said he can get a offer for two the value of the cowboys and he’s still object to selling the team

Sydla

Reaction score
I mean that sounds exactly like something Jerry would say. He tends to get a little loose lipped, especially if he gotta a couple in him.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
We all know Jerry will go out in disgrace eventually when all his demons catch up to him. Like the clippers owner and snyder.
NBA is a completely different animal. There are several former NBA players who have ownership stakes. There is no way that the NFL with it's current ownership cabal will ever allow a player to have such a stake. Ballers was pure fantasy.

Status
Not open for further replies.