Just 18 months ago Chip Kelly left the Eagles a complete mess

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
They have a franchise QB. They have a real running game. They have an OL that is one of the best in the league. They have arguably the best DL in football, their LBs are OK and their secondary is playing well. Oh and they appear to have quality coaches.

Frankly, if you switched uniforms and that was the Cowboys, this place would be orgasmic in how great you would think they are.

But they lost their star LT and LB. They should be in free fall.

KB1122

Reaction score
Some teams have real ambition. And some teams try to find their future quarterback in the fourth round.

coult44

Reaction score
Good drafting, new coaching can do wonders. Look at our 2015 draft.. With that said, I am going to bed.............

1 27 Byron Jones CB Connecticut
2 60 Randy Gregory DE Nebraska
3 91 Chaz Green OT Florida
4 127 Damien Wilson LB Minnesota
5 163 Ryan Russell DE Purdue
7 236 Mark Nzeocha LB Wyoming
7 243 Laurence Gibson OT Virginia Tech
7 246 Geoff Swaim TE Texas

This mimics 75% of the drafts from the last quarter century...

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
Good drafting, new coaching can do wonders. Look at our 2015 draft.. With that said, I am going to bed.............

1 27 Byron Jones CB Connecticut
2 60 Randy Gregory DE Nebraska
3 91 Chaz Green OT Florida
4 127 Damien Wilson LB Minnesota
5 163 Ryan Russell DE Purdue
7 236 Mark Nzeocha LB Wyoming
7 243 Laurence Gibson OT Virginia Tech
7 246 Geoff Swaim TE Texas
Wow that's absolutely trash and just 2 years ago

Blackspider214

Reaction score
This mimics 75% of the drafts from the last quarter century...

And people actually get blinded by a few good first round picks that were OL. Frederick, Tyron and Martin. Maybe because they were 3 years in a row? But other than those 3 and then Zeke/Dak in 2016, our drafting for a very long time now has been really bad. I know you won't hit on every pick but we routinely miss on all our 2nd and 3rd round picks. Players that right now should be cornerstone pieces. It's a vicious cycle of drafting to correct previous mistakes rather than drafting to solidify your team. Byron and Taco were terrible 1st round picks. They made zero sense.

Leadbelly

Reaction score
I hate to agree on this but Philadelphia's front office runs circles around Dallas' in football matters. In money and marketing matters, I'm sure we're so awesome but what does it matter? Football is what matters. Teams seem to just give Philadelphia picks and good players for nothing. It's like they convinced teams to help them out just so the NFC East would be competitive. Miami and Buffalo are the dumbest bleeping teams! Meanwhile we do nothing.

Also, I have to think Jerry's war vs Goodell has pissed off many owners and will severely limit Dallas' options with teams willing to deal with the Cowboys. Then, Jerry's approach with regards to the player protests would seem likely to limit Dallas' attractiveness to potential free agents for 2018.

Sydla

Reaction score
I hate to agree on this but Philadelphia's front office runs circles around Dallas' in football matters. In money and marketing matters, I'm sure we're so awesome but what does it matter? Football is what matters. Teams seem to just give Philadelphia picks and good players for nothing. It's like they convinced teams to help them out just so the NFC East would be competitive. Miami and Buffalo are the dumbest bleeping teams! Meanwhile we do nothing.

Also, I have to think Jerry's war vs Goodell has pissed off many owners and will severely limit Dallas' options with teams willing to deal with the Cowboys. Then, Jerry's approach with regards to the player protests would seem likely to limit Dallas' attractiveness to potential free agents for 2018.

One issue is that I think Jerry isn't as shrewd as people want to claim. He routinely overpays for players in trades, for example. You compare what he's done in trades recently and then compare that to Roseman in Philly who has gotten the better of most of his recent trades, it's not hard to see why one team is ascending from a talent perspective and one just seems to be stuck in quick sand.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Then a guy coaching High School ball just 9 years has the best record in the NFL... let that "process" sink in...

bodi

Reaction score
I think the other owners have it out for Jerry always getting screwed

with trades etc

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
And now they are steamrolling the league at 9-1. The GM was able to unload huge contracts on other teams and hoodwinked the Vikings in giving up their #1 pick and the Dolphins into moving up in the draft. I despise the Eagles as much as anyone but have to give credit where credit is due. Meanwhile Vegas had us second to New England in going to the SB to on the verge or not making the playoffs or possibly not even having a winning record....unreal.

Sorry I must be groggy, misspelled months in the title.
It's a process.
Competing for a Super Bowl in 18 months in Philly, or 8 or more years in Dallas.