Just a gentle reminder when you think we need to go all in at TB in Rd 2

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Used the #4 pick on a TB thinking they had to have one, then doubled down by paying the TB a crap ton of money wasting cap space, then franchised tagged Pollard because they again thought they needed a stud TB. And what did that get them? Nothing.

All the while teams built good run games with quality OLs, good coaching and competent backs. Forcing yourself into picking a TB at 56 is just more silly thinking. Now sure, if the board is wasted and TB is clearly the best player left, OK. But picking one because you think you need one of that caliber? Just a continuation of poor roster decisions by the Jones.
This isn’t 4 though this is 56…..seems like a different situation.

vlad

Reaction score
Yes, we need a RB. But RBs tend to be easier to find than other positions.

So when you are pounding the table for a RB at 53, remember this is our depth chart at DT:

Mazi Smith
Osa
Carl Davis

LOL, that's about it. Throw in Golston if you must but he's 268 pounds. Smith is still a complete unknown. Osa is a quality DT but not that great that you can't upgrade. Davis is a JAG.

IMO this team needs to come away with a DT tonight and if one is there at 53, they absolutely should be considering that even if Jerry's favorite new player, Brooks, is sitting there.
whoops I just doubled this thread, let me see if I can go delete mine.
100% agree

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yes, we need a RB. But RBs tend to be easier to find than other positions.

So when you are pounding the table for a RB at 53, remember this is our depth chart at DT:

Mazi Smith
Osa
Carl Davis

LOL, that's about it. Throw in Golston if you must but he's 268 pounds. Smith is still a complete unknown. Osa is a quality DT but not that great that you can't upgrade. Davis is a JAG.

IMO this team needs to come away with a DT tonight and if one is there at 53, they absolutely should be considering that even if Jerry's favorite new player, Brooks, is sitting there.
Orhorhoro and Maason Smith are the two guys I really at our spot.

Id keep an eye in Sweat falling. I think he could fall hard and could wind a day 3 option. If he makes it out of round 4, Id start making calls. At that point, you need to take him

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
Taking into context the weight of talent overall of RB in this draft, no it is somewhat the same principle. If healthy Brooks is a 2nd rounder. Injured and with the saturation of RBs in the NFL, meaning other NFL teams are not desperate like the Cowboys, he SHOULD be a 3rd round pick. This is not the draft to squander a 2nd on an injured RB who compared to other years' RBs is not that impressive to begin with.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I still think they could go interior OL as well. Say someone like Frazier slips to 73............
I dont know if Frazier even makes to 56. I think he and JPJ are going to be coveted in the first half of the 2nd. He does slop to 73, you run the card up. I think you do that at 56

InPhiltraitor

Reaction score
Orhorhoro and Maason Smith are the two guys I really at our spot.

Id keep an eye in Sweat falling. I think he could fall hard and could wind a day 3 option. If he makes it out of round 4, Id start making calls. At that point, you need to take him
I'd actually consider him with our final pick in the 3rd. Just can't imagine him falling out of rd. 4.

Few weeks back we were wondering if he'd be there with our 2nd.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I'd actually consider him with our final pick in the 3rd. Just can't imagine him falling out of rd. 4.

Few weeks back we were wondering if he'd be there with our 2nd.
That DWI could really really drop him. There were alot character concerns before that, and that just made it worse

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Taking into context the weight of talent overall of RB in this draft, no it is somewhat the same principle. If healthy Brooks is a 2nd rounder. Injured and with the saturation of RBs in the NFL, meaning other NFL teams are not desperate like the Cowboys, he SHOULD be a 3rd round pick. This is not the draft to squander a 2nd on an injured RB who compared to other years' RBs is not that impressive to begin with.
If healthy he’s a first rounder. The argument isn’t injured rb in the second….i certainly am not making that argument….

fivetwos

Reaction score
They are going to get absolutely pushed around in the middle of the defense by better opponents and schemes for at least the sixth straight season.

shabazz

Reaction score
Don't forget LB as well, if one falls that we have a high grade on. Overshown is back, but is really an unknown at this point, but with high expectations. I would be very happy with best available player at either DT or LB. And I wouldn't be too angry with RB or CB if not reaching.
If the Unicorn is still available in the 2nd, I'm taking Ralph Mouth/Opie/Richie Cunninham at the CB position in a heartbeat

One love.

InPhiltraitor

Reaction score
That DWI could really really drop him. There were alot character concerns before that, and that just made it worse
I hear ya, man, but you and I know how it goes. Talent and need will outweigh red flags for SOMEONE. We just don’t have a guy like this right now. Thought we might have, but we’re not looking very smart about that thus far.

Sydla

Reaction score
It’s still a premium pick and you have bigger needs. Forcing a TB there is just dumb business.

Amazing how people still try to COVID e themselves these guys know what they are doing.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
It’s still a premium pick and you have bigger needs. Forcing a TB there is just dumb business.

Amazing how people still try to COVID e themselves these guys know what they are doing.
Who’s trying to convince themselves? They haven’t even drafted the guy yet and you’re freaking out lol.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Yet Bills got Josh no help.
You act as if there are no good quality linemen to be had in the 2nd, 3rd or 4th rounds. Are you sure you know what you're talking about? Did the 3 time champion Cowboys of the 90s not know what they were doing when they never drafted a single of the historical great linemen in the 1st round?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
x1000
I appreciate good backs but you can find those in the later rounds, and if you're running them behind crappy run blocking then what's the point?!
People keep saying this but I’ve seen all these guys people hype up and we never hear from them again.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You act as if there are no good quality linemen to be had in the 2nd, 3rd or 4th rounds. Are you sure you know what you're talking about? Did the 3 time champion Cowboys of the 90s not know what they were doing when they never drafted a single of the historical great linemen in the 1st round?
I know exactly what I’m talking about and anyone that pays attention to this draft will tell you don’t trade away from talent. Bills have no receivers….do I trust them or the Chiefs and 49ers who went receiver late in the first? I trust the latter….

You’re out of touch if you have to reference the 90s Cowboys. Your take is outdated…..