Just a gentle reminder when you think we need to go all in at TB in Rd 2

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
What on earth did I say to where you comprehended I meant there's no talent left in the draft?

I said don't trade away from talent.....

What I mean is if you have the #15 ranked prospect fall to you....you take him. You don't trade down to take the 24th or 25th best prospect is my point.

Not sure what you're talking about lol.
Could have traded down a second time, picked up an extra 3rd and a 4th round pick while taking a good O-Tackle in either the 2nd, 3rd or 4th. It would have given the Cowboys more picks needed to address more holes they currently have. It's not that hard to understand.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
8 months is the standard. By all accounts he is well ahead of that schedule and already running!
Regardless you draft for 4 years, not 1. Can he help for 4 seasons? That should be the consideration!
8 months is the standard? Not every ACL injury is exactly the same. Running and being able to take hits with pads on are two different things. Would Brooks be able to run plays in shorts and t-shirts in July? Yes. Will be he be able to take hits in ps games in August? That’s iffy.

Look, I’m not saying I would be completely opposed to drafting Brooks- he’s a great player. But I wouldn’t take him at 56. And I also believe there are at least two other guys like Benson from Fla State and Wright from Tennessee who are healthy and ready to plug and play.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Could have traded down a second time, picked up an extra 3rd and a 4th round pick while taking a good O-Tackle in either the 2nd, 3rd or 4th. It would have given the Cowboys more picks needed to address more holes they currently have. It's not that hard to understand.
It's not about it being "hard to understand"...we simply disagree. Doesn't mean I'm wrong or you're wrong...not sure why you're talking down on a condescending tone.

To put things in perspective....

I'd rather get the 15th best player than the 30th and 50th best player.....just my stance.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
It's not about it being "hard to understand"...we simply disagree. Doesn't mean I'm wrong or you're wrong...not sure why you're talking down on a condescending tone.

To put things in perspective....

I'd rather get the 15th best player than the 30th and 50th best player.....just my stance.
Yeah, but still leave voids at positions in dire need to be filled?

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
That's why you try and use free agency to your disposal.....trying to build your team strictly through the draft is how you end up with guys like Taco and Trysten Hill.
Tyler Guyton has less college experience than Taco (1st round) and Trysten (2nd round) had. There are O-Tackles with much more experience and better pass and run blocking ratings than Tyler Guyton had who will be available in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. Your argument of talented linemen being available only in the 1st round doesn't look that good.

exciter

Reaction score
8 months is the standard? Not every ACL injury is exactly the same. Running and being able to take hits with pads on are two different things. Would Brooks be able to run plays in shorts and t-shirts in July? Yes. Will be he be able to take hits in ps games in August? That’s iffy.

Look, I’m not saying I would be completely opposed to drafting Brooks- he’s a great player. But I wouldn’t take him at 56. And I also believe there are at least two other guys like Benson from Fla State and Wright from Tennessee who are healthy and ready to plug and play.
By all accounts they (he) believe he will be ready by training camp or shortly after.
Even if he’s not and say he misses the first 4-6 games isn’t that par the coarse for the position?
Half this board wet their pants when we didn’t sign Aaron Jones for 7m. Jones misses 6 games every season. How would this be different other than it would be for substantially less than 7m. I’d probably prefer Wright myself ( they haven’t shown any interest) Benson not so much!

calicowboy54

Reaction score
Our DTs and our front 7 as a whole leave a lot to be desired.
yeah looking at the best AV on both NFL ESPN we really need to go DT or C/G in round 2 and wait on RB for Round 3 or later. The drop off at DT and INTERIOR OL drops off after 2nd round. Tackles you can find later yes but INTERIOR LINES both sides drops off.

Kwyn

Reaction score
I would prefer that we go RB in the third round, maybe with that Detroit pick.

The two picks are close enough together that if they might be able to get both players they are targeting, in which case it doesn’t matter which one goes where.

We have #56 (2nd), #73 (3rd) and #87 (3rd)

After that we don’t pick again until #174 (5th)

Sydla

Reaction score

Would love to get Wright in the 3rd.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Our DTs and our front 7 as a whole leave a lot to be desired.
Oline got worse too. Two starters gone, and one of them made 2nd Team All Pro.

Greatest need at oline and dline. "Build from the trenches out." We could spend our first 4 picks in the trenches and not be overdoing it. And not even fix our holes.

calicowboy54

Reaction score
I would prefer that we go RB in the third round, maybe with that Detroit pick.

The two picks are close enough together that if they might be able to get both players they are targeting, in which case it doesn’t matter which one goes where.

We have #56 (2nd), #73 (3rd) and #87 (3rd)

After that we don’t pick again until #174 (5th)
i think you will see something happen tonight to get us back in the 4th round it might be next years 3 or something but they will get back in to the 4th round.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Tyler Guyton has less college experience than Taco (1st round) and Trysten (2nd round) had. There are O-Tackles with much more experience and better pass and run blocking ratings than Tyler Guyton had who will be available in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. Your argument of talented linemen being available only in the 1st round doesn't look that good.
Please show me where I said talented linemen are "available only in the 1st round"......

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Please show me where I said talented linemen are "available only in the 1st round"......
Here is your whole argument for wanting to draft an O-lineman in the 1st round...

"I know exactly what I’m talking about and anyone that pays attention to this draft will tell you don’t trade away from talent. Bills have no receivers….do I trust them or the Chiefs and 49ers who went receiver late in the first? I trust the latter….

You’re out of touch if you have to reference the 90s Cowboys. Your take is outdated….."

My take is not outdated. It's proven that you don't need the 1st round to find good talent for the Oline.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Here is your whole argument for wanting to draft an O-lineman in the 1st round...

"I know exactly what I’m talking about and anyone that pays attention to this draft will tell you don’t trade away from talent. Bills have no receivers….do I trust them or the Chiefs and 49ers who went receiver late in the first? I trust the latter….

You’re out of touch if you have to reference the 90s Cowboys. Your take is outdated….."

My take is not outdated. It's proven that you don't need the 1st round to find good talent for the Oline.
In that post I didn’t say ONE thing about linemen. Are you not comprehending what I’m saying or are you lying? That post says nothing an about linemen…..

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
In that post I didn’t say ONE thing about linemen. Are you not comprehending what I’m saying or are you lying? That post says nothing an about linemen…..
Are you acting or did you forget what we were talking about: Oline

PCIMG-2024-04-26-17-59-51.jpg