Just a gentle reminder when you think we need to go all in at TB in Rd 2

sbark

Reaction score
Will zeke sign before start of 2nd round of draft tonight
Problem solved.....a F.A. move everyone wanted

Mikexike

Reaction score
Yes, we need a RB. But RBs tend to be easier to find than other positions.

So when you are pounding the table for a RB at 53, remember this is our depth chart at DT:

Mazi Smith
Osa
Carl Davis

LOL, that's about it. Throw in Golston if you must but he's 268 pounds. Smith is still a complete unknown. Osa is a quality DT but not that great that you can't upgrade. Davis is a JAG.

IMO this team needs to come away with a DT tonight and if one is there at 53, they absolutely should be considering that even if Jerry's favorite new player, Brooks, is sitting there.
I just hope if they trade up today, Its for johnny newton DT

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I know exactly what I’m talking about and anyone that pays attention to this draft will tell you don’t trade away from talent. Bills have no receivers….do I trust them or the Chiefs and 49ers who went receiver late in the first? I trust the latter….

You’re out of touch if you have to reference the 90s Cowboys. Your take is outdated…..
You're full of it. Seriously. You don't only find talent in the 1st round. Warped mindset that is so wrong. You have no idea what you're talking about.

By the way, don't even watch or comment about the rest of the draft since you believe talent only exists in the 1st round. Absolutely one of the most foolish takes I've ever heard here.

exciter

Reaction score
Brooks fits the second round “Jerry Fun Pick” profile: ACL injury last November certainly qualifies him, :laugh:

In all seriousness, Brooks is a real RB talent but I’m also reluctant to believe that a guy with an ACL tear last November is going to be fully healed 8 months later for training camp. Not saying he’s not a big talent but I’m also not sold that he is light years better than a few other RBs. Waiting until pick 73 in round 3 (from the Detroit trade) is where I would feel more comfortable.
8 months is the standard. By all accounts he is well ahead of that schedule and already running!
Regardless you draft for 4 years, not 1. Can he help for 4 seasons? That should be the consideration!

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
Dowdle, Davis, Deuce, Freeman. There was a run on RBs last draft and we were left out. That isn't a mistake that can be repeated this season, esp if their guy is on the board and within reach. Don't get cute. Get a starting RB, and then address the trenches further.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
8 months is the standard. By all accounts he is well ahead of that schedule and already running!
Regardless you draft for 4 years, not 1. Can he help for 4 seasons? That should be the consideration!
Standard for what? Rehab? I am not sure that is even true but even then that does not mean full return to range of motion, strength, flexibility, etc

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
x1000
I appreciate good backs but you can find those in the later rounds, and if you're running them behind crappy run blocking then what's the point?!
That line of thinking landed us Deuce Vaughn last year, when we needed a RB.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Yes, we need a RB. But RBs tend to be easier to find than other positions.

So when you are pounding the table for a RB at 53, remember this is our depth chart at DT:

Mazi Smith
Osa
Carl Davis

LOL, that's about it. Throw in Golston if you must but he's 268 pounds. Smith is still a complete unknown. Osa is a quality DT but not that great that you can't upgrade. Davis is a JAG.

IMO this team needs to come away with a DT tonight and if one is there at 53, they absolutely should be considering that even if Jerry's favorite new player, Brooks, is sitting there.
Reach for your subjective want? Pass.

kwcool619

Reaction score
Funny I thought Bills were idiots trading down like they did. Traded down one too many times.
I am definitely not versed on the intricacies of the draft. But if you're Buffalo, why did you trade draft picks with the team you need to get over the hump? Then KC drafted another weapon for Mahomes. Maybe someone can explain the rationale behind it.

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
no, having his Dad on the staff landed us Deuce Vaughn
They needed a RB, dad was on staff and it appears they made the wrong call. Regardless, they missed out on better players because they assumed somebody would be there later on. They were wrong there too.

morasp

Reaction score
DTs Drafted in the last 10 drafts
Round 1 one, expected to start
Round 2 one, not on the roster
Round 3 four, two still on the roster
Day 3 four one on the roster

RBs drafted in the last 10 drafts
round 1 one Not on the roster
round 2 zero
round 3 zero
Day three four Deuce Vaughn is the only one left

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I’m just not sure if I’m going depth in the 2nd round…..I can get a starting linebacker, a receiver, RB, a center….Unless they fell out of favor with Mazi but I’ve seen nothing to suggest that.
Remember we burned a 1st on him ........so it kinda be hard to say what you may get at that position regardless of rounds.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I am definitely not versed on the intricacies of the draft. But if you're Buffalo, why did you trade draft picks with the team you need to get over the hump? Then KC drafted another weapon for Mahomes. Maybe someone can explain the rationale behind it.
I don’t understand. If I’m not mistaken I think they got Mahomes by trading with the Bills. Just stop trading with them lol.

Sydla

Reaction score
Sure, if you operated like a real franchise and took a guy like Brooks because you were stashing him for down the road because you had some guys already ready to play.

But when you do basically zero in FA at the RB position, lose Pollard and are counting on your draft pick to be an immediate impact player, a guy like Brooks is a peculiar and risky pick. And given our history of taking chances on injured/character guys, maybe we should think long and hard about this.

We won't. Because Jerry has a woody over the kid.

Sydla

Reaction score
Reach for your subjective want? Pass.
Who said reach? I am certainly not advocating you just take any old DT, like one with a 4th round grade, at 56. But if there is a guy there, say a kid like Newton or Fiske, that makes more sense to me than a TB coming off ACL surgery.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You're full of it. Seriously. You don't only find talent in the 1st round. Warped mindset that is so wrong. You have no idea what you're talking about.

By the way, don't even watch or comment about the rest of the draft since you believe talent only exists in the 1st round. Absolutely one of the most foolish takes I've ever heard here.
What on earth did I say to where you comprehended I meant there's no talent left in the draft?

I said don't trade away from talent.....

What I mean is if you have the #15 ranked prospect fall to you....you take him. You don't trade down to take the 24th or 25th best prospect is my point.

Not sure what you're talking about lol.