Just one question for everyone

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
dcfanatic;2486276 said:
Who gets more double coverage on this team, T.O. or Jason Witten?

So now we want Romo throwing it to T.O. while he's double covered.

Make up your mind.

Exactly - this whole thing is so messed up and stupid it's not funny.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
BHendri5;2486071 said:
NO and NO again and again, no matter how many ways you want to spin it it is still no.

How bout Owens was simply voicing what the other receivers had been ssying after the game and other games. Owens has said over and over again that while the defenses are working to take him out of the game and witten, that helps the offense because others are open, but Romo still tries to force the ball to him and witten.

Explain that?

after watching inside the huddle this past tuesday with Roy and Martellus, their comments let me know that they are and have been frustrated.

Put yourself in Roy's place, he finally made back to Texas, playing for his favorite team, he is a big time WR, he wants to prove his worth here, he has as Woodysgirl stated passively aggressively call for the ball.

Anyway you got the cash, your family and friends are watching and constatnly asking you why Romo will not pass the ball to you, you are wide open, but you get no look. roy has said too many times that he has "swallowed the playbook".

Crayton, he has to makeup for last season's playoff game, and back up all his talk, yes, he wants the ball.

Bennett is a rookie but he has an ego/confidence he wants the ball.

is it possible these guys go to T.O. and ask him to speak up, he is one of the captains on the team, and they have notice that things happen when he speaks.

do not be so quick to just throw Owens under the bus, wait till the whole truth comes out and it will real soon.

When has owens said Romo was forcing HIM the ball?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
dcfanatic;2486013 said:
If T.O. says he told Jason Garrett in the meeting on Monday that Romo needs to start reading the whole field because other guys are open as well as Witten then isn't some of Ed Werder's story true?

Or am I insane.

Can't we agree that T.O. was in fact 'insert word here that is less than jealous' of Witten getting too many looks from Romo by his own admission?

I guess that was 2 questions, lol.
Just one question back.

Do all elite WRs think they are open on every play?

You're making this more than it is just like Werder did IMO. Look how the players are reacting to it. It should tell you how much weight to give Werder's reports.

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;2486338 said:
Just one question back.

Do all elite WRs think they are open on every play?

You're making this more than it is just like Werder did IMO. Look how the players are reacting to it. It should tell you how much weight to give Werder's reports.

A team meeting? T.O. and Witten having to be separated in the locker room? Newman saying that Thursday the team was divided, but then hopefully on Friday everything was ok?

Something is not right.

I hope it is fixed by Sunday night.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
dcfanatic;2486342 said:
A team meeting? T.O. and Witten having to be separated in the locker room? Newman saying that Thursday the team was divided, but then hopefully on Friday everything was ok?

Something is not right.

I hope it is fixed by Sunday night.
I would hold a team meeting even if it was nothing too. Explain to me why you wouldn't. I admit, I do not get the logic of that thinking.

DarylJohnston

Reaction score
bbgun;2486058 said:
No, you're quite sane. Maybe because you're not a shill. Let's review: Werder cited three anonymous sources and quoted them at length. Bradie James has public conceded that there's a problem. Terence Newman has publicly conceded that there's a problem. Three receivers not named Jason Witten had closed-door meetings with Garrett. The team as a whole conducted their own closed-door meeting, which only happens when there's trouble or dissension brewing. Front office lackey Mickey Spagnola all but acknowledges that there's a problem. Other unnamed players have leaked similar stories to reporters not named Ed Werder. In light of all of this, Werder can start clearing space on his fireplace mantle for his Pulitzer. That is, if he survived being shouted down by crude, embarrassing, publicity-seeking fans who would rather demonize him than admit that the team has some serious internal issues to overcome. Psychologists call that "displacement."

Werder a Pulitzer? hahahahahahahahaha

And I think you better go back and check exactly what those players said.

Maybe Newman was talking about the "leak" needing to man-up and take his problem to the player (Not Werder).

James did not say anything that made Werder's story true. Romo and TO have acknowledged for the last 2 years that tempers can get brewing and things are said in the heat of the battle. Romo always said he doesn't hold any grudges and realizes players say things they don't mean sometimes.

Maybe that's what James was talking about.

You choose to ignore RW saying everything is fine. TO saying he never said anything like that. Phillips saying it's overblown.

Even Newman said it wasn't a big deal. Witten said it didn't happen.

Why don't you mention any of that?

You choose to believe Werder's "unnamed source" over all those players.

Whatever.

As for the team meeting, that could very well be in response to Werder's report and simply making sure the players are on the same page and not buying into the crap.

Give me on direct quote from a named player or from TO that shows Werder's story is true. Just one!

But don't give me one that might have meant something. Because I just proved how those quotes could mean something else.

We have direct quotes that refure the story... give me just one that asserts the story... TO being jealous.

And as for TO being jealous... he has a one-on-one meeting with the OC and said Romo needs to read the whole field because Romo misses open WRs sometimes.

This is actually backed-up on tape. Therefore, TO was trying to improve the offense. Would you rather he sit back and collect his pay check and let the offense suffer.

Geez.... TO just can't win, can he?

It's shame some Cowboys fans are so quick to turn on him.

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;2486344 said:
I would hold a team meeting even if it was nothing too. Explain to me why you wouldn't. I admit, I do not get the logic of that thinking.

So where's the extra team meeting before the Steelers game?

If there is nothing going on and the Cowboys are holding a meeting because of media reports then we are in worse shape than I thought.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
dcfanatic;2486013 said:
If T.O. says he told Jason Garrett in the meeting on Monday that Romo needs to start reading the whole field because other guys are open as well as Witten then isn't some of Ed Werder's story true?

Or am I insane.

Can't we agree that T.O. was in fact 'insert word here that is less than jealous' of Witten getting too many looks from Romo by his own admission?

I guess that was 2 questions, lol.

I can agree somewhat. However, I believe we're talking less about jealousy and more about wanting to see drives continue on a more frequent basis.

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
DarylJohnston;2486345 said:
Werder a Pulitzer? hahahahahahahahaha

And I think you better go back and check exactly what those players said.

Maybe Newman was talking about the "leak" needing to man-up and take his problem to the player (Not Werder).

James did not say anything that made Werder's story true. Romo and TO have acknowledged for the last 2 years that tempers can get brewing and things are said in the heat of the battle. Romo always said he doesn't hold any grudges and realizes players say things they don't mean sometimes.

Maybe that's what James was talking about.

You choose to ignore RW saying everything is fine. TO saying he never said anything like that. Phillips saying it's overblown.

Even Newman said it wasn't a big deal. Witten said it didn't happen.

Why don't you mention any of that?

You choose to believe Werder's "unnamed source" over all those players.

Whatever.

As for the team meeting, that could very well be in response to Werder's report and simply making sure the players are on the same page and not buying into the crap.

Give me on direct quote from a named player or from TO that shows Werder's story is true. Just one!

But don't give me one that might have meant something. Because I just proved how those quotes could mean something else.

We have direct quotes that refure the story... give me just one that asserts the story... TO being jealous.

And as for TO being jealous... he has a one-on-one meeting with the OC and said Romo needs to read the whole field because Romo misses open WRs sometimes.

This is actually backed-up on tape. Therefore, TO was trying to improve the offense. Would you rather he sit back and collect his pay check and let the offense suffer.

Geez.... TO just can't win, can he?

It's shame some Cowboys fans are so quick to turn on him.

LOL. Ed Werder's article has the power to force the Cowboys to have a team meeting.

And this isn't a problem?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
dcfanatic;2486353 said:
So where's the extra team meeting before the Steelers game?

If there is nothing going on and the Cowboys are holding a meeting because of media reports then we are in worse shape than I thought.
Are you cereal? Coming off 3 straight wins and no media firestorm there should have been a meeting?

You're reaching.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
dcfanatic;2486361 said:
They just had this team meeting to air it all out and then they go into the locker room and have to be separated.

How in the world can you call that 'literally nothing'?

That definition would be them going about there daily Friday business.

Wouldn't it?
You're telling me that issues as deep as you are intimating that affect 53 men plus a coaching staff were aired out in 30 minutes? Seriously.

They probed, found no issues and ended the meeting. Come on, this isn't rocket science.

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;2486363 said:
Are you cereal? Coming off 3 straight wins and no media firestorm there should have been a meeting?

You're reaching.

So media firestorms equal team meetings?

That's not a problem in your eyes?

And where was the team meeting after the loss to the Rams then if we want to say the meetings only need to happen after big losses?

And better yet. Why do we know about this team meeting?

In essence I am asking this.

Why do we know everything little thing that goes on?

(And no I am not complaining about knowing, lol.)

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;2486367 said:
You're telling me that issues as deep as you are intimating that affect 53 men plus a coaching staff were aired out in 30 minutes? Seriously.

They probed, found no issues and ended the meeting. Come on, this isn't rocket science.

So Terence Newman's comments were what?

So four guys had to speak in the meeting about not letting the media divide this team and that's nothing?

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;2486367 said:

Am I am not so sure Wade wants to address the problems.

He just thinks they will go away.

He likes sunshine. He likes laid back. He likes to coach, not deal with players who love talking to any mic they can get their hands on.

Wade isn't of the ilk of these Super Star athletes. Can we agree on that?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
dcfanatic;2486373 said:
So media firestorms equal team meetings?

That's not a problem in your eyes?
No, I admit it's not. Not sure why it is for you.

And where was the team meeting after the loss to the Rams then if we want to say the meetings only need to happen after big losses?
Where was the ESPN crawl with a new caption "The Lead" followed by 4 straight stories insinuating Cowboys turmoil? You honestly do not see a difference?

And better yet. Why do we know about this team meeting?

In essence I am asking this.

Why do we know everything little thing that goes on?

(And no I am not complaining about knowing, lol.)
I could care less, but I'll be honest I don't know how. Maybe it's because I played on a team and we had "team meetings" for things that usually were relatively small, although I will admit that 4 guys getting kicked off the team when 3 of them were starters was pretty big.

Why you see something sinister in "team meetings" I do not know. Having sat in them, I don't.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Hostile;2486383 said:
I could care less, but I'll be honest I don't know how. Maybe it's because I played on a team and we had "team meetings" for things that usually were relatively small, although I will admit that 4 guys getting kicked off the team when 3 of them were starters was pretty big.

Why you see something sinister in "team meetings" I do not know. Having sat in them, I don't.

People that haven't experienced this dynamic wouldn't understand the point you're making. I feel you though.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
dcfanatic;2486376 said:
So Terence Newman's comments were what?

So four guys had to speak in the meeting about not letting the media divide this team and that's nothing?
Yes, that's nothing. I hate to upset your apple cart. I see nothing out of the ordinary in this other than the inclusion of the name TO. I can't believe I am defending him, but did he PUBLICLY call out Garrett, Witten, Romo, or anyone else?

Let me answer that for you. No, he did not.

Next question.

Do elite WRs always think they are open?

Let me answer that for you too. Yes, they do.

Next question.

Then what is the freaking issue? Oh yeah, Ed Werder of ESPN decided to create one.

Next question.

Why? See the comments in bold above for a clue as to why he might do this.