Just say NO to QB at #4

conner01

Reaction score
And when Goff or Wentz turn out to be JAGS, not the answer at QB, will you still think the selection at 4 was the smart move? None of these guys were rated at the top of boards throughout the year. Almost every draft guru said that Goff and Lynch should have returned to school, that neither is ready. Now Wentz is the golden boy of the moment. You can be sure that reports Dallas scouts knew about him and were hoping he wouldn't blow up like this is because they were considering him at 34, not at 4.

I don't pretend to know much, but I have seen games of all three, and what I saw didn't remind me of the big time QBs we are used to seeing in the top 3-4 picks of the draft. These guys are not top 5 talent.

Romo could play the next 3 years injury free
But he is still getting toward the end
As for the qb's in this draft I think there are 3 who would have been 1st round last year. May not have went before Winston but there is no guarantee Winston will be the best QB from last year yet
When you have a chance to get a good prospect and your QB is getting old, you do it
Or you wait till you need one and you end up with Quincy carter types

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
Parcells, Payton, Lee and even Sporano were instrumental in Romo's development into an NFL QB. They sowed the field and planted the crop while Garrett/Wilson reaped the benefits.

And Romo is always improving himself each year. I have never heard Romo give Garrett Credit For His development. Lots of credit to Tuna, Lee and Payton though.

it's lucky for us that Romo remained with the Cowboys after Sean Payton, newly signed to coach the Saints, made a strong run at the player:

'Newly hired Saints head coach Sean Payton was on Dallas' coaching staff prior to being hired by New Orleans, and he spent extensive time with Romo as part of a group of coaches who helped develop the QB. But Bill Parcells, then the Cowboys' head coach, didn't want to trade Romo.

'Instead, the Saints signed Drew Brees, and Romo eventually became Dallas' starter during the 2006 season, replacing Drew Bledsoe.'

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowb...y-romo-doesnt-think-about-an-old-saints-trade
http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowb...y-romo-doesnt-think-about-an-old-saints-trade

Reactions: BAT

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Romo was already a starter by the time JG and wilson arrived in 2007 after that his play seemed to fall off more than get better.

Yeah and he was a turnover magnet. and lets not kid ourselves. Romo had started 10 games

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
David Lee is one of the best in the business. He took Romo from raw to NFL QB which is the hardest part. Doubt it's a coincidence Tyrod Taylor made the Pro Bowl this year.

Again only with Dallas 1 yr.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score

RS12

Reaction score
im wrong then he was dallas 3 yrs 2 with romo. lol i guess all these guys made Romo what he is now in a couple yrs. your hate for Garrett is borderline stalkerish lol. I dont even like him but to brush off the yrs Garrett has spent with Romo is idiotic.

It is called giving credit where credit is due. Look what Lee did for Tyrod Taylor and Chad Pennington, who are back ups on a good team. Whatever positive you see in Red and his manequin QB coach isnt a view shared by many.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
It is called giving credit where credit is due. Look what Lee did for Tyrod Taylor and Chad Pennington, who are back ups on a good team. Whatever positive you see in Red and his manequin QB coach isnt a view shared by many.

%Romo has given praise to Garrett, guess thats all that matters,

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Bosa in first, see what is there in the 2nd (BPA), use our 3rd rounder to trade back into 2nd to draft Cook @ QB

I think there are a lot more DEs than QBs.

Take Goff or Wentz at 4 and you could still get a really good DE at 34.
Guys like Nkemdiche could drop or someone like Nassib or Spence is available.

The gap between Goff and Cook is way too big.

Fredd

Reaction score
I think there are a lot more DEs than QBs.

Take Goff or Wentz at 4 and you could still get a really good DE at 34.
Guys like Nkemdiche could drop or someone like Nassib or Spence is available.

The gap between Goff and Cook is way too big.

I agree with the gap, and I personally don't want a game plan where cook as our 2nd or 3rd pick...I just have a hunch they go after him....

...I have to start taking a harder look at the top 3 QB's, I can't make up my mind what I would personally want on our team at the moment....although, if they resigned Hardy AND drafted Bosa, I think the DL would be putting pressure on the QB to the tune of 40+ sacks/year....that intrigues the snot out of me

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
I agree with the gap, and I personally don't want a game plan where cook as our 2nd or 3rd pick...I just have a hunch they go after him....

...I have to start taking a harder look at the top 3 QB's, I can't make up my mind what I would personally want on our team at the moment....although, if they resigned Hardy AND drafted Bosa, I think the DL would be putting pressure on the QB to the tune of 40+ sacks/year....that intrigues the snot out of me

That would all depend on RGregory. If he makes the jump that DLaw did in Year 2 then it would be overkill to sign GHardy and draft Bosa.

I think Goff/Wentz/Lynch are legit........I just don't like Lynch as much...

jnday

Reaction score
Wentz isnt winning any games for us in 2016 if Romo is hurt. We need a real defense period.

More games were lost due to poor QB/ poor offensive play than defense. No defense looks good after staying on the field after repeated three and outs.

jnday

Reaction score
It's up for debate, but the idea is that many think QBs like these can usually be had further down in round one when there are stronger QB classes.

Every year there are opinions on strong\weak QB classes and every year there are exceptions to the predictions. I read this stuff every year and the truth of the matter is drafting any player is a gamble. I only hope that Dallas scouts are able to make it less of a gamble, but that is all that anybody can hope for. There is no way of knowing how high the QBs in this class compares to those in other years. It takes area years of them playing in the pros to know if the team made a good draft pick.

jnday

Reaction score
THIS!

Some fans keep saying we must take a QB now because of our draft position and Tony's age. Well, I could see their point if there were an Aaron Rodgers/Andrew Luck type prospect in the draft. However, if you take a QB that high just to take a QB, to me, that's a wasted pick.

Just because you have a top 5 pick does not automatically mean you have to take a QB.

You take the QB if the scouts think he is worth the pick. Drafting a QB requires reaching a little, but not too much.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Every year there are opinions on strong\weak QB classes and every year there are exceptions to the predictions. I read this stuff every year and the truth of the matter is drafting any player is a gamble. I only hope that Dallas scouts are able to make it less of a gamble, but that is all that anybody can hope for. There is no way of knowing how high the QBs in this class compares to those in other years. It takes area years of them playing in the pros to know if the team made a good draft pick.

You'll never get a better look than they got at Wentz

jnday

Reaction score
Just say no to QB because I lack any vision, patience and must see a crisis before I know there's a problem.

Let our poor front office find the hardest player to find in all of sports when they absolutely have to have one.

Go Cowboys. Which cornerbacks do you guys like?

Great post that deserves 100 likes due to simple common sense.

BHendri5

Reaction score
everyone should already know what I want at #4 or how ever we can get him, I want that premier RB, the top rated RB Elliot, I do not understand why the RB position is being devalued now days, when in the post season you need to have a running game to advance, most of the time. Our offense is based on the running game, get that RB and we will be right back on point. DMC will not hold up again we got lucky this past season, it will not happen again