Just so we’re clear once and for all, Garrett likely isn’t going to be fired

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
The only thing we know is that Garrett hasn't been fired , & jerry went media silent for the first time in 25 years .

Thats the only fact.

garyv

Reaction score
His contract expires in 14 days and the most likely scenario is that it simply isn’t renewed. We save no money by terminating him over the next two weeks. None of that prevents us from interviewing and hiring someone else prior to that.

Im surprised this fairly straight forward and obvious information is being so overlooked by fans and the media a like. Everyone being so up in arms he hasn’t been “fired” is silly.

This maybe true....he will not be renewed but personally Dallas want waot till the 14th to start the Coaching search

CowboysLegends2

Reaction score
There is no reason to keep JG on the team through the 14th. One would think Jerry would want to make a decision as quickly as possible for the team and JG.

Waiting till the 14th would make it almost impossible for JG to get another job as an HC this season if that is what he wants.
There seems to be more people who think Garrett will be offered a HC job than I expected. Has anyone even heard any Rumors that any other team is interested? Surely something would be floating around with the number of positions open. It is hard for me to imagine ANY team in the league being interested in him in any capacity. Not even as a position coach.

CapnB

Reaction score
I was pretty sure at some point there was going to be an announcement Monday afternoon at the latest. Now another meeting ?? For what?? If they were going to fire him I dont think it takes two meetings to do so. Something is up, and I think a lot of folks around cowboys world are going to be really ticked off tomorrow afternoon.

CapnB

Reaction score
There seems to be more people who think Garrett will be offered a HC job than I expected. Has anyone even heard any Rumors that any other team is interested? Surely something would be floating around with the number of positions open. It is hard for me to imagine ANY team in the league being interested in him in any capacity. Not even as a position coach.

Actually yes, there were rumors 3 weeks ago about the Giants wanting him.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
Yeah that’s a fact. But Jerry will make an announcement confirming that JG won’t be back. When he does that is anyone’s guess, but I’d imagine it will be Thursday.

I’m legit worried now. They met with him for almost two hours today and couldn’t finish, so they’ve asked him to come back tomorrow to meet again.

Quite simply, that’s not how this works. If they were going to simply let his contract expire, they’d let him know in the first 5 minutes of the meeting and there wouldn’t be much else to discuss.

CowboysLegends2

Reaction score
Actually yes, there were rumors 3 weeks ago about the Giants wanting him.
True. I did hear that but I guess I dismissed it like people do when they think about winning the lottery. It’s fun to think about but not many actually believe they will win.

Garrett going to the Giants would be close to a hat trick. Not only are we at least a 50/50 shot at being a better team with a new coach but the Giants would be guaranteed no championships for the length of his contract. Only two teams left to worry about in the division after that.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
True. I did hear that but I guess I dismissed it like people do when they think about winning the lottery. It’s fun to think about but not many actually believe they will win.

Garrett going to the Giants would be close to a hat trick. Not only are we at least a 50/50 shot at being a better team with a new coach but the Giants would be guaranteed no championships for the length of his contract. Only two teams left to worry about in the division after that.

Agreed , Garrett going to the Giants would be a huge blessing .

CapnB

Reaction score
I’m legit worried now. They met with him for almost two hours today and couldn’t finish, so they’ve asked him to come back tomorrow to meet again.

Quite simply, that’s not how this works. If they were going to simply let his contract expire, they’d let him know in the first 5 minutes of the meeting and there wouldn’t be much else to discuss

Winner winner chicken dinner. There is a lot going on behind the scenes.

CowboysLegends2

Reaction score

Quite simply, that’s not how this works. If they were going to simply let his contract expire, they’d let him know in the first 5 minutes of the meeting and there wouldn’t be much else to discuss.
I prefer to look at it as Garrett handcuffing himself to a welded plumbing pipe in the building. Jerry had to have the second meeting so he can come back with a hacksaw to remove him from the building.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score

This truth is terrifying .

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Jerry loves him some Garrett but I don’t know what to make of this. One would think that Dallas lets him go today so Jason can get to the job search before everything is filled. Well, here we are and nothing has changed.

This tells me that Garrett will be here next season in some capacity, HC or moved upstairs. It is unfair to JG to string him along and I don’t see the Jones’ doing that to him.

Even if Jerry has his new HC all but signed ahead of time, he wouldn’t keep Garrett around to wonder. Something is amiss here and we are the fools for speculating.

I warned many not to trust Jerry, he won’t do what most expect. I wouldn’t be surprised to hear in the future that Garrett talked his way out of his own release.